Hacking 9.5.0-22U on 3DSXL blocks R4 carts?

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I have a 3DSXL on firmware 9.5.0-22U and it appears that's my R4i Gold 3DS flash cart for DS roms appears to be blocked. I put the flash cart in and it never loads the DS icon on the home menu.
I just bought this XL used so it's my first time ever attempting it. It seems that the XL holds cartridges much more securely in general. It may just be that flash carts just don't make firm contact to be used.

But this is only my hypothesis. My 3DS on firmware 9.4.0-21U works with the same card so it seems it might only be the new firmware. But http://r4ids.cn/news.htm says:

R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.5.0-22 directly ! (2015-02-03)

3DS firmware updated to V9.5.0-22 ,our regular R4i Gold 3DS supports directly the newest 3DS V9.5.0-22 without any patch updating...

So either they're wrong or it's a 3DS XL problem.

Be warned. Update at your own risk.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong with a fix though.

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a shame. I can't seem to find anything that makes it work. That works fine with my normal 3DS.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's obviously a contact issue since you can't even see the icon in the main menu. You can try to push the cartridge slot from the bottom to test if it works.
There were some ways to solve contact issues. You can e.g. put some rubber on the sticker under the contacts of the cartridge.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to confirm, I got my NA MH 3DS XL and my R4i Gold 3DS RTS works fine with it. I didn't have any contact issues either, but I must say, ejecting the card out of the slot is a tad harder than regular 3DS games and kinda scares me (it goes on normally, but I have to really push down on the cart to eject it for some reason)

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obviously a contact issue since you can't even see the icon in the main menu. You can try to push the cartridge slot from the bottom to test if it works.

I have same problem, just try disable wifi before insert your game cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte