Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh the cost of importing a N3ds isnt all that much more than a brand new standard XL......but idk maybe if you where looking at a second hand XL that may be a bit fair cheaper than a N3DS.....tbh do what you want i doubt there will be too many N3DS exclusives

The original 3DS is a bit hard for me to hold so I get cramps easily. The slightly larger size of the N3DS I feel would be a bitter fit in my hands. I can get a new 3DS XL for $150. My 3DS I can easily get $75-100 on CL since it is on 4.5.

The cost of an AUS N3DS would cost me considerably more than that. A N3DS LL would be even more. Importing a japanese version would be ideal due to cost, but then I'd have to deal with the language issue and region.

My only issue is that in the future if Nintendo shifts towards the N3DS and starts releasing exclusive games I might be SOL since getting a <9.x N3DS could be hard to find. If it doesn't release in the US for a while they could easily come stock with GW blocking FW. People are importing them right now because of the risk in not having a GW compatible N3DS. I don't want a N3DS right now, I want one for the future.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
We need something like the Supercard DS2 for the 3DS. I'm still gonna buy a N3DS XL whenever it comes out though since it was the model i was waiting for to replace my DSi XL (yeah i always wait for the best model before i buy :P)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
We need something like the Supercard DS2 for the 3DS. I'm still gonna buy a N3DS XL whenever it comes out though since it was the model i was waiting for to replace my DSi XL (yeah i always wait for the best model before i buy :P)
You're missing quite a bit, and in for a massive jump, lol. How can you still be playing dsi?
Well, I kind of did a similar jump from GBASP to 3DS to 3DSXL, but I wasn't really playing Gameboy much, and it was mostly a nostalgia thing.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You're missing quite a bit, and in for a massive jump, lol. How can you still be playing dsi?
Well, I kind of did a similar jump from GBASP to 3DS to 3DSXL, but I wasn't really playing Gameboy much, and it was mostly a nostalgia thing.

How can i NOT play DSi . . . so many RPGs taking me thousands of hours to complete and replay value of some games . . . its like you are saying we should ditch older platform when new ones comes out?
I still play My SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2 i could go on . . . same with PC games, who only play a game the year its released? Some ppl are still hardcore CS and moding of old games is very active . . .
Even if i had to wait 5 years to buy a console i wouldnt mind since there are already so many games that exist that i'll never have the time to play all the games as much as i would like unless i stop living a normal life, working and having a social life and taking care of my gf and daughter lol

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
How can i NOT play DSi . . . so many RPGs taking me thousands of hours to complete and replay value of some games . . . its like you are saying we should ditch older platform when new ones comes out?
I still play My SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2 i could go on . . . same with PC games, who only play a game the year its released? Some ppl are still hardcore CS and moding of old games is very active . . .
Even if i had to wait 5 years to buy a console i wouldnt mind since there are already so many games that exist that i'll never have the time to play all the games as much as i would like unless i stop living a normal life, working and having a social life and taking care of my gf and daughter lol

I get you, but when I see the new generation, It kind of makes my generation look bad. especially a jump like DS to 3DS. I mean, changing from GBA to DS wasn't too tempting, but the 3DS blew me away.

Console games, I can understand. I'm picking up a PS3 next week, and I play SWBFII a bit.

Reactions: SS4

AngelZeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this question has been answered before but ive been out of the loop for some while. Is it safe for a emunand on 4.5 to perform a system update and retain all the features of gateway 100% working?

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Sorry if this question has been answered before but ive been out of the loop for some while. Is it safe for a emunand on 4.5 to perform a system update and retain all the features of gateway 100% working?

If you update the launcher.dat on your 3DS SD then yes emunand will work on 9.4 (9.3 is already not the latest version) because gateway added support for it in Omega 2.7
As usual just check to have GW3D x.x.x before updating.

kringle185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm very sorry if this has been covered, but today I had to exchange my 2DS (after only twenty days of owning the thing...) for a new one because of a bad power connector. It was on the Gateway compatible update, but now I have a 2DS on 6~something. Is there any way that I can perhaps update to the compatible one? I'm a bit dismayed that I had to trade it in after the update... =\

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm very sorry if this has been covered, but today I had to exchange my 2DS (after only twenty days of owning the thing...) for a new one because of a bad power connector. It was on the Gateway compatible update, but now I have a 2DS on 6~something. Is there any way that I can perhaps update to the compatible one? I'm a bit dismayed that I had to trade it in after the update... =\

Sorry, if you update now you'll get 9.4.x. You're kinda in trouble.
Get a game that requires a higher firmware update (SSB4 being the latest with 8.x) and wait a few months for GW to start support under 9.x and over 5.x.
OR
Get Sky3DS to play now, risking whether or not Nintendo blocks it. Worst case scenario you wait for GW to announce support for lower firmware (anywhere from weeks to even a year+, we don't know)

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you want to play games now, get a Sky3DS. If you want Gateway, use Super Smash Bros. to update to 8.1 and stay there. You could even do both. We don't know when Gateway will support consoles on 8.1, but I'm willing to bet it'll be a few months from now.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
how could they have .cia installation and devmenu without emunand though?
Simple, if they brick their 3DS, they'll restore it. The average user needs emuNAND as it may screw you with a bad .CIA

You don't *need* emuNAND for it to work, just the right ammount of acess level.

Reactions: 2Hack and Sonicx64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality