Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmmm I don't think it will pop again but even so I don't think that the update will automatically engage if you press A. I believe it will need some more confirmation actions.
Also I went in my settings menu and to the update system button and it still asks to connect to internet to download the update. This reinforces my thoughts that it is not downloaded but just spotpass notification
well even if its downloaded when you go to system update it will still need to go online to check the one you have is the most recent.....but idk, maybe you did catch it in time......on a final note im pretty sure to update you need to press A (or confirm on the touch screen).....but then it will ask you to agree to the T&C's which can only be accepted on the touch screen iirc

Ninja'd :ph34r:

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah I believe so too. But I don't think the update has been downloaded on my system. Could it be downloaded in like 2 minutes? Also why doesn't it pop a message any more?

Reactions: digipokemaster

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I don't think mine downloaded cause I don't believe it managed to download the whole update in 2 minutes. Because the led flashed like 2 minutes after I set my 3ds on sleep mode...
Also the notification hasn't popped again and I have turned off and powered on the device like 10 times since that happened. I will see how it goes next days but my thought atm is that since spotpass is off it gets only a notification on the 3ds without the update being downloaded.

Well, you'll never know...
I mean, 9.2 to 9.3 could be just a minor incremental update (not an entire 200Mb+ update or something)... My update from 9.1 to 9.2 took less than 4 minutes to download in my 25Mbit connection (yeah, crappy I know)...
Who knows...

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you'll never know...
I mean, 9.2 to 9.3 could be just a minor incremental update (not an entire 200Mb+ update or something)... My update from 9.1 to 9.2 took less than 4 minutes to download in my 25Mbit connection (yeah, crappy I know)...
Who knows...

I've got 7 mbits :(

anyways, I doubt it was a super small update, there was more to the change log than system stability deleting homebrew/flashcart support.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
OFF-TOPIC:
I bet your 7Mbit is better than my 25Mbit :rofl2:

www.speedtest.net

today has been a good internet day, and I'm pulling in 5.5mbps. 0.42 upload. I have a screen shot of pulling in 0.52mbps download lol.
Funny that Gateway team hasn't released an update yet. They must be really busy finalizing 9.2 support.

My GW cart is being shipped from china. Found out after it shipped. FML I can wait.

I'm calling it though, we'll have it by next week, Wednesday.

Reactions: Phantom_User

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I could be selfish and "wish" GW releases his new 9.2 support in January (when I'll get my AUS N3DS) but I'm not...
Yeah, release it soooooooooooooooooon :)

I'd rather have everything ready for when my GW comes in. Best case scenario for me is that it comes out a day before my GW comes in.

but yea, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ughh my Gateway just came in after 10 days of ordering (fuck DSFlashCart.com - claims that it ships from the US, 2-5 day shipping. What they don't tell you is the 5 days required to PREPARE to ship >.> Might as well have ordered from China)

Darkshade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it likely that the Gateway will see a price increase after the update is pushed?

I got particularly lucky with my AU N3DS import as it is arrived the day before 9.3 was released.
I managed to update it to 9.2.0-20E just in time; Unfortunately I missed a few applications (Such as Pokemon Bank and Mii Plaza) that need updating, so I'm hoping for eventual emuNAND support.

Wondering whether it's worth ordering now or not.

EDIT: Obviously that is not the only reason, but eventually there are going to be further updates of course.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ughh my Gateway just came in after 10 days of ordering (fuck DSFlashCart.com - claims that it ships from the US, 2-5 day shipping. What they don't tell you is the 5 days required to PREPARE to ship >.> Might as well have ordered from China)
Not like it would have done much more than sat there and looked pretty. Also Chinese orders are slow during holiday time.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like it would have done much more than sat there and looked pretty. Also Chinese orders are slow during holiday time.

I know, what gets me is that I paid a more expensive price under the impression I'd get it soon. I guess Amazon 2-day prime has spoiled me :|. I know it's just going to sit here, but I'm leaving the country for a few weeks soon, and I'd rather get it now than have it potentially delayed and be unable to order it till after I come back to the country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse