Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A new 3DS firmware update has been rolled out, officially addressing system stability issues on all 3DS consoles. In reality, this block the gateway's new update. It also prevents smealum's Ninjhax exploit from working, so do not update if you are interested in tweaking up your console.

9.3.0-21J BLOCKS GATEWAYS UPDATE!

Nintendo official change log said:
Update released: December 8th, 2014
  • A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
  • Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu
  • Users can now capture screenshots with both the upper and lower screens included
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Source: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone should update to the latest versions of Pokemon x y OR AS and Smash bros while they can so they can still access online in those games when it comes out. Remember, once this comes no more eshop.

Reactions: MattKimura

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
aw maaaaan!
My AUS N3DS still didn't arrive...
I hope the update gets delayed to the rest of the world so I can update my 9.0 to 9.2 when it arrives.

I assume there isn't any word on what it really does... (and neither it will unless GW makes a "public" announcement about it, right?!)

EDIT:
OW! Awesome.. it was a question.... you see? that's why we should used punctuation... right?!

EDIT2:
I'm confused... was it released?

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone should update to the latest versions of Pokemon x y OR AS and Smash bros so they can still access online in those games when it comes out. Remember, once this comes no more eshop.

yeah true, but people with japanese version wont be able to.

D

Deleted-355425

aw maaaaan!
My AUS N3DS still didn't arrive...
I hope the update gets delayed to the rest of the world so I can update my 9.0 to 9.2 when it arrives.

I assume there isn't any word on what it really does... (and neither it will unless GW makes a "public" announcement about it, right?!)

9.0 is practically the same as 9.2, why the rush ?

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Google saw it coming...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 1,632

vinnyboiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really can't believe how long it's taken Nintendo to release the update, it could have been any minute now for 4 weeks. I can imagine how frustrating it can be for people with Japanese new 3DS on the way.

The only other twist is that no update is coming out, ever. Nintendo gave up on the 3DS upon it being hacked.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful: a new system update is coming any day now. Do not update until it has been checked. The latest version at the time of writing in USA, EUR, and JPN is 9.2.0-20, while in CHN, KOR, and TWN the latest version is 9.0.
just saw this in 3DSbrew.
i know one should never update right away... Why is there so much panic?

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just saw this in 3DSbrew.
i know one should never update right away... Why is there so much panic?

Because people who ordered their Japanese 3DS comes with 8.x, the new gateway patch only works with firmware 9.0-9.2, there are no games currently that have firmware 9.0-9.2 pre-installed and there is no way of updating the 3DS manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, And that haha