6.39 PRO-B7 (temporary) and psx/ps1

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shadow100z, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    been reading and some say yes and some say no. if so can you somehow reduce the size of the file so it's still playable on the psp.
    psp 3001 g04 mb

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Yes it's possible and PSX eboots are generally compressed when they are made using a level set from 1 tp 9.

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    so to play psx games i have to find the right plugin in don't i and copy the plugin to the memory stick, which plugin is capable with the firmware i'm running? also what is the recommended compression level?

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    No. You don't need a plugin as pops is integral to a firmware, you just put eboots you've made from your PSX ISO's or BIN files into PSP\GAME\PSXGAMENAME\eboot.pbp

Most people just use 9.

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Sweet thanks a bunch,

[IMG]

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Message Count:
    United States
    no you don't have to it's just to solve some problems with some games like resident evil 3 with the intro freezing there is a downside but i forgot any ways type "popsloader pack"on google under the first link is the lace where you can download

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Resident Evil 3 runs fine on 3.40 pops.

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    so this popsloader thing is a psx loader (eboot file??)? and is it capable with firmware 6.39 PRO-B7 (temporary)?
    in order to run a game that have issues i may have to get a certtian plugin for the popsloader to help make a psx game load better.

Message Count:
    United States
    popsloader is the plugin plus there are precompiled ones also you need to use the nightly builds to run poploader you can get the pro nightly builds here download link for nightly builds

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    tryed loading 2 different 1`psx ebbot games, none works, tryed tekken 3, freezes right after ps logo, also tryed tekken 4, freezes at ps logo.

I have also tryed to load tekken 6 psp .cso, while it do load the loading time is VERY VERY VERY slow. gameplay is nice though, any idea why?

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada

ok? that link you gave me is that a temp firmware update or something?

Message Count:
    United States
    both just put the pro update and fast recovery like you did with the normal one

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    ok did the reinstall, no different everything is the same

Coto Challenge Taken.

Message Count:
    Chile
    1. you need the proper files for each popsloader version. VF just put the essential stuff he developed, but it still requires some firmware files (remember to put them properly for each OFW version)

2. cso is a PSP iso, so no pops over there, because it's a PSP game. And the load time might be longer because of higher compression.

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    ok so what kinda files would i need to get and where to put them, every i searched online delt with a different firmware all together

Message Count:
    United States
    to your pops txt file in the seplugins

shadow100z New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    i have no seplugin folder, just create one?

rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Message Count:
    Canada
    Okay, let me clear some things up here.

1) Most custom eboots aren't going to work on PRO atm. Some will, but it seems to be pretty hit or miss. I've even had different versions of the same game where some work and some don't.
    Your best bet is to use PSN converted eboots. These will have a Playstation boarder around them (search Google Images for "psn psx" and you'll see what I mean). They will also more than likely have DOCUMENT.DAT or KEYS.BIN in the game folder, or both.

2) There is a version of popsloader recently made for PRO but you will have to get a PSARDumper and dump the copyrighted files yourself. There is a version already complied, but you'll have to search Google for it.
    It may/may not work on B7; it's advised to use the in-development nightly version of PRO instead, but it may be unstable.

What you're going to find on Google by putting Popsloader in is more than likely compiled files for 5.03/5.50 firmwares. These WILL NOT work.

Create a folder called "seplugins" in the root of your memory card. In it, create a text document (.txt, use Notepad) and copy "ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1" in the first line. Save it as "pops.txt".
    If done right, it should work.

Nathan Drake Oh no you didn't *snap snap snap*

Message Count:
    United States
    I have that precompiled pack needed for this, but I'm waiting for popsloader to work properly on stable versions of PRO vs the Nightly versions.

I feel I can blame the built in popsloader for 6.20 PRO-B7 for the slowdowns I experience in certain areas of my Legend of Dragoon EBOOT. I made it into a multi-disc EBOOT, which might be part of the problem. Thankfully, the slowdowns aren't prominent, but the entire Ghost Ship being slow is a real downer. Probably going to see if I can get popsloader working just to try to get the game working better.

rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Message Count:
    Canada
    I do as well, but I'm going to wait for a new version like you said. From what I've heard, some multi-disc eboots can be problematic; I've got Parasite Eve to work fine, but Policenauts won't boot at all [IMG]
SPONSORED LINKS