Hacking 6.35 Pro-A Released

lelekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, like I said i'm still a noob on PSP hacking ( I got this PSP last week), so i still don't know how to use the Isotool. But thanks for the hint, I'll read more about Isotool and try this^^

really, thanks ^^

well... i tried this with megaman and with Final Fantasy tactics (worked fine with prom and with POR-A2) and it didin't worked

it freezes on a black screen with this on the top left corner:

ms0:/iso/Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.cso
NP9660 Mode
ms0:/psp/system/pil_v2

and i tried using the r trigger and didn't changed the driver mode

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lelekokun said:
it freezes on a black screen with this on the top left corner:

ms0:/iso/Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.cso
NP9660 Mode
ms0:/psp/system/pil_v2
did you by any chance download the wrong version of isotools, or not deinstall pro-a properly?
isotools versions below 1.964 have a bug on the 9g that won't properly copy the loaders when generating icons and that's pretty much what the result looks like.

lelekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well... i'm using the same version that you said (1.966)

don't I have to aply a prom patch or something before I create the XMB icon?

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lelekokun said:
well... i'm using the same version that you said (1.966)

don't I have to aply a prom patch or something before I create the XMB icon?
yes. that's the "apply version patch" question when you decrypt the eboot using iso tools.
if the xmb icons aren't working, try decrypting the isos that give yo trouble under pro-a and then try loading them in pro-a again.

JALsnipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble here. Just bought a brand new PSP 3000 running 6.35. Currently loading ISOs through Pro-A3, but I get an error whenever I start a game that there is not enough memory to save a save-file. The game works, but I'd like to save my progress. I'm using a 4GB stick with 2gb free. The internal memory should be free as well. I tried loading through ISO tool as well, no dice. Tried making an EBOOT of the ISO, I get to a screen that says
"ms0:/iso/THUG2REMIX.iso
NP9660 mode
ms0:/psp/system/pil_v2/"

I tried putting the pil_v2 folder from the iso tool's main folder into that directory, but the game still won't boot. Any thoughts? I only bought a new PSP so I could play THUG 2 Remix again. Thanks in advance!

JALsnipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even get ISO Tool to run with Pro-A3. Whenever I select it from the XMB my PSP just hangs at a black screen and then shuts off. I had to run it using the Everybody's Sukkiri savegame exploit with 6.35 PRO.

Do I need to decrypt even if it's an old 2.XX game like Tony Hawk? And for the process of patching, does that mean I need to patch prometheus_v4, decrypt the eboot, and then make the XMB-icon?

Thanks for your help.

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pro-a is kinda sucky in its current form, yeah.

a) use the signed 6.35 pro hen eboot. less of a hassle and time waster than using the savegame exploit.
b) just select decrypt eboot from the isotools menu and then say yes when it asks you whether you want to apply the version patch.
c) if it isn't running, decrypting and patching doesn't cost much time and might help, no matter how old the game is.

JALsnipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I loaded 6.35 Pro HEN using the signed eboot. In ISO Tools I followed your instructions. After it finished a bunch of Japanese characters appeared on the screen and I hit X. Then I quit ISO Tools.

From there I didn't see the ISO on the XMB so I went back to ISO Tools and created the XMB Icon. Then I quit and went to load the game. It still hangs on the same screen I had before and then crashes:

"ms0:/ISO/THUG2REMIX.iso
NP9660 mode
ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/PIL_v2/"

I rebooted my PSP and checked what was in the /PSP/SYSTEM/ folder. I now have a file called "ISOCACHE.BIN", and two folders called PIL_v1 and PIL_v2. I can't seem to figure out why my copy of THUG2 works fine in Pro-A3, but not with the eboot created with ISO Tools.

Thanks again for helping me, I really appreciate it. I used to be a pro at this kinda stuff a few years back. I had a PSP 1000 running 3.32 M33 or something like that until the analogue stick crapped out on me. I'm slowly getting back into the whole PSP scene now.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3223
6.35PRO-A4 Released
QUOTE(Changelog:) said:
[!] may not fix the problem version.txt
[!] Increase compatibility of home-made software
[+] Add support for PSN PS1 games
PS1 Games from the PSN are working now!
Quote:
Note: Currently does not support self-transformation PS1 ISO. Can only be downloaded PSN PS1 games on the run successfully. PS1 games downloaded from PSN, run a PS1 game, and then copy the entire game folder to another 635PRO users can run. Need to update again FastRecovery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)