Hacking 6.20 PRO_B10 issue

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With that 6.60 version.txt file within your newly created seplugins folder, and the version.txt option enabled in the Recovery Menu (bring up the VSH menu by pushing select on the XMB when PRO is enabled) you'll see that the System Info reads your faked version for your PRO firmware. Once it reads this Media Go won't need to update and you can transfer freely.

So..

In recovery menu, enable version.txt
Exit back to the XMB
Hit select to see the VSH menu...

Now, should I be seeing something specific in this menu or should I go to System Settings > System Information cos when I do it's still showing up as 6.20 PRO..

Sorry people, i'm completely new to this so bear with me lol
1) Make sure you did as Rydian told you (copy/paste all of that).
2) Enable it in recovery menu.
3) Press select and "reset VSH"
4) Go to system info and it should say 6.60 (if not, your version.txt might be faulty)

madroxounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With that 6.60 version.txt file within your newly created seplugins folder, and the version.txt option enabled in the Recovery Menu (bring up the VSH menu by pushing select on the XMB when PRO is enabled) you'll see that the System Info reads your faked version for your PRO firmware. Once it reads this Media Go won't need to update and you can transfer freely.

So..

In recovery menu, enable version.txt
Exit back to the XMB
Hit select to see the VSH menu...

Now, should I be seeing something specific in this menu or should I go to System Settings > System Information cos when I do it's still showing up as 6.20 PRO..

Sorry people, i'm completely new to this so bear with me lol
1) Make sure you did as Rydian told you (copy/paste all of that).
2) Enable it in recovery menu.
3) Press select and "reset VSH"
4) Go to system info and it should say 6.60 (if not, your version.txt might be faulty)

Still showing 6.20... :blink:

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
When enabled you'll get something like this to tell you that you have it correct (although in your case the result would obviously differ).

pic0006o.png

(This is just some random image i found via image search....you'd be aiming for fake 6.60 with the version.txt option enabled.)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okey, I think I found the solution. Rydian's code was slightly off. That was supposed to look like this:
Code:
release:6.60:
build:5455,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:57716@release_660,0x06060010:
vsh:p6616@release_660,v58533@release_660,20110727:target:1:WorldWide
I have tested both, and Rydian's didn't work; after backspacing the extra space, it worked fine (tested on 6.20 pro-b9). I don't know if using version.txt will be the ultimate solution to your problem, but it's worth a try.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okey, I think I found the solution. Rydian's code was slightly off. That was supposed to look like this:
Code:
I have tested both, and Rydian's didn't work; after backspacing the extra space, it worked fine (tested on 6.20 pro-b9). I don't know if using version.txt will be the ultimate solution to your problem, but it's worth a try.
My bad. XD

madroxounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
My bad. XD

Still not working...

Either i'm doing something wrong or my PSP is too much of a law abiding citizen :D

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Code:
My bad. XD

Still not working...

Either i'm doing something wrong or my PSP is too much of a law abiding citizen :D
hehe we're gonna turn it into a Pirate, then. :creep:

What's 'Still not working'? The version spoof or the transfer?

madroxounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
My bad. XD

Still not working...

Version spoof, still showing 6.20...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Code:
My bad. XD

Still not working...

Version spoof, still showing 6.20...
Worked fine for me, so... let me go through it step-by-step:

1) download this version.txt (premade one that's working for me)
2) place it in seplugins [folder]
3) go into Recovery Mode and enable version.txt
4) Reset VSH

The result should look like the image provided by xist (except it'll say "Fake: 6.60").

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The working version.txt has the text all in one line as opposed to the 4 or 5 that we've been seeing in this topic. Basically, s4mid4re's code with all lines combined into one. That's why it wouldn't work. I just found out about this myself.

That's twice I was given incomplete information on this board, the first being getting permanent 6.20. Guys, you really oughta do better than this.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The version I posted did at first tell me it was faked as 6.60, but then after I edited it as posted it wouldn't... and I edited it back and it still didn't work, and I couldn't find another fake 6.60 version and really had no reason to install 6.60 to generate one (since all the info needs to match, not just the main version number), so I just went with it since they posted theirs worked.

What was the permanent 6.20 version one? You'll notice most often in threads one person will link you to the stickies, then 5 others tell you alternate ways to do it. Generally the ways in the stickies are stickied for a reason (and the advice people give personally is often outdated).

And we don't "oughta" to do shit for you, BTW. I don't see a paycheck with my name on it, kid.

Reactions: 1 person

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was trying to install permanent CFW on my PSP Go, I looked through the topics stating how to do so. What I saw stated that I had to use the 620PRO_Permanent program, which I did. What it didn't tell me was that I had to use the PROUPDATE program first, only that that was for temporary CFW. I asked for help that I didn't get, and only when I tried PROUPDATE was when everything was figured out. I wanted to take good care of my newly acquired PSP Go so I followed the instructions to the letter, only to end up looking like an idiot. I was pretty upset about that.

As for the codes that were posted, copy/paste wouldn't work, TC claims to have done everything, and yet the possibility that the board's handling of code is at fault hasn't been considered. At least, from what I had originally read. Although now that I've looked through the posts again, I see that s4mid4re mentioned backspacing earlier, although there wasn't clear emphasis on that point, so there was still a bit of confusion. But the download was still the best solution that TC got, so it's still good.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am very sorry at what happened to you, but it's not good assuming that everybody will be there to help you. I learned about drag/dropping files hacking, installing plugins, emulating psx backups, how to update my ds flashcart, how to unbrick my little bro's acekard 2i, how to install YSmenu when I got a crap clone--all without ever asking a question on a forum, and here I am, trying my best to help others accomplish it. All it took was google searching and some effort into learning the terminology... and don't you think it wasn't stressful, my friend. It was stressful.

If I could do that without any help, whatsoever, there shouldn't be a need for people to help anybody. And yet, there are people who ask questions, and there are generous people who try to answer/solve them. You should be grateful of people that are dedicating their time. And don't ever assume that there will be people dedicating their precious time into helping a total stranger.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
Not anywhere in Rydian's guide (which I followed to the letter for my brand new Go a few months back) does it say use 620PRO_Permanent before PROUPDATE. You must've followed something else to the letter.

In any case, everything's pretty self-explanatory and I never had to ask about the installation.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not anywhere in Rydian's guide (which I followed to the letter for my brand new Go a few months back) does it say use 620PRO_Permanent before PROUPDATE. You must've followed something else to the letter.

In any case, everything's pretty self-explanatory and I never had to ask about the installation.

"Run the 6.20 PRO Updater on your PSP and when it runs press X to install and launch the temporary 6.20 hack.
After the PSP restarts, run the 6.20 PRO Permanent Patch."

The guide says 'After', which is a clear indication that you're supposed to do something before installing the 6.20 pro perma patch. You could've just read the sentence above it.

Did your school teach you to read books from the bottom upwards? If not, you're supposed to know that people are supposed read stuff from top downwards. It's your problem that you couldn't read the guide top downwards.

Never mind, my bad >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all