Gaming $500 Computer

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4527727&sku=B69-0039&SRCCODE=WEM1877C&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM1877-_-barebone) said:
Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9500 2.20GHz
Corsair PC6400 800MHz 4GB DDR2 Desktop Memory (x2)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive
Ultra Gladiator Mid-Tower ATX Case
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply

Total: $579.99 CDN

Add to that an DVD-burner and a decent video card and you got a very nice gaming system. Oh and you have to build it yourself.

I should receive the parts on April 20th
biggrin.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks fine
I myself wouldnt get so much ram though 4GB is pretty much enough for any build
if your doing video editing and such then it would be worth it, other then that its not really needed

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I feel 4GB is good, I don't want any less. I do some photo editing and more ram = win. It's like just $15 more to get 4GB.

Is it safe to turn on my PSU with only the DVD, floppy drive and fans plugged in? I want to see if I put the fans in the right way
tongue.gif

Just wanted to say THANKS! You guys have helped me a lot!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
I feel 4GB is good, I don't want any less. I do some photo editing and more ram = win. It's like just $15 more to get 4GB.

Is it safe to turn on my PSU with only the DVD, floppy drive and fans plugged in? I want to see if I put the fans in the right way
tongue.gif

I thought it was 8GB of ram, nvm then
smileipb2.png

as the above said it wont turn on without the motherboard, you can short the PSU with a paperclip to start it without the mobo...

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
playallday said:

tongue.gif

I thought it was 8GB of ram, nvm then
smileipb2.png

as the above said it wont turn on without the motherboard, you can short the PSU with a paperclip to start it without the mobo...
Ah, I get it now.

PAPERCLIPS IN MY NEW $850 COMPUTER!? NEVER! Haha.

OK, here a photo of the fan:

s3j4uu.jpg

The air goes

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there should be arrows on it pointing air direction
on my apevia fans its actually the other way around

the front of the fan should be intake
the back part where you can see the support brackets across it should be for outake

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what that adapter on the bottom left hand corner is for
smile.gif

it converts the 3/2 pin mobo fan connector into a 4 pin molex power connector (the same connector hardrives / cd drives use [non sata])

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have an antistatic wrist strap, to ground yourself before you touch any computer component, just touch the inside of your computer case given that it's not painted. you need bare metal. Also if you use this method keep in mind that if you shuffle your feet around you will have to ground yourself again.

otherwise if you have an antistati wrist strap, wear it and clip the end to your computer case (again bare metal, not painted over),

another method would be to touch the power supply, while it's still plugged in, as long as it's plugged into a grounded socket (3 prongs is grounded, 2 prongs isn't) computer has to be off.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Myke said:
if you don't have an antistatic wrist strap, to ground yourself before you touch any computer component, just touch the inside of your computer case given that it's not painted. you need bare metal. Also if you use this method keep in mind that if you shuffle your feet around you will have to ground yourself again.

otherwise if you have an antistati wrist strap, wear it and clip the end to your computer case (again bare metal, not painted over),

another method would be to touch the power supply, while it's still plugged in, as long as it's plugged into a grounded socket (3 prongs is grounded, 2 prongs isn't) computer has to be off.
So if I clip my antistatic wrist strap to my case (bare metal, I know) and plug in the PSU I'll be good?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended