XP
Country
My list has changed a little
1)Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
2)Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
3)DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY
4)Final Fantasy IV - Complete
5)Final Fantasy III

Yeah I know there is only Square games in there. But those are the actuall games that I like the most.
However, One of the cool things with the PSP to me is the actuall ability to have all Final Fantasy games from 1-9 plus extra titles on one system!
im using a PhotoFast CR-5400 card with two 16gb microsd's. That all I need :)

geth97

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Persona 3 Portable
  2. One Piece Romance Dawn
  3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  4. Fate/Extra
  5. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Impact
Others: Digimon Adventure // LEGO Series // Corpse Party Series

totos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. monster hunter portable 3rd
  2. monster hunter freedom unite
  3. yugioh tag forcé 6
  4. soul callibur broken desiny
  5. god of war ghost of sparta

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend
2) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend Persona 3 Portable
3) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend Valkyria Chronicles 2
4) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend Danganronpa
5) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend Patapon

Now that I've heard so much about Dissidia 012, I think I'll have to try it.

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

skrble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1-Ace Combat series
2-Ridge Racer
3-Assassins Creed: Bloodlines
4-Spyro the Dragon (yeah I know it is PS1 game, but as a handheld game what could be played everywhere I find it even greater!)
5-Legends of war: Patton's campaign

Reactions: zeello

Sasuke_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Final Mix
2. DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY
3. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
4. Gundam Assault Survive
5. Dj Max Portable

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom hearts birth by sleep
Megaman Maverick hunter x
Dissidia 012
Naruto Ultimate ninja impact
Final fantasy crisis core

The best i can think of off the top of my head :)

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
1\ DanganRonpa.
2\ Metal Gear (Portable Ops and Peace Walker).
3\ FinalFantasy VII: Crisis Core.
4\ Dissidia (both of them).
5\ KingdomHearts: Birth By Sleep.

Also...
6\ DragonBall Z (all of them except for the crappy movie version Xb ).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've had some time to really play with the system, I would have to probably edit/update my list(s).

In no Particular Order, again:
  • Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
  • Me & My Katamari
  • Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
  • Split/Second
  • Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Sadly, after playing all the way through, the God of War games was simply impossible to play properly on the PSP go's controls for me... It was a decent game, but I always had to pair it up with the PS3 controller and play it on the TV. And now with the God of War saga on PS3, renders the PSP releases obsolete/unnecessary if I'm going to have to do that to be able to play it properly.
I was pleasantly surprised by the PSP version of Split/Second after I managed to fix the issues I had with my original download of it. Not only did it manage to retain what made the console release good, but even had some extra challenges that worked well for the handheld version.
Of the Mega Man games there are for the PSP, Maverick Hunter X simply does its source material more justice than Powered Up does in my opinion. I still wish that Capcom didn't screw with the item/armor piece placements in this one. Not seeing the dash boots midway through Chill Penguin really threw me off my game for a while.
The Drac X Chronicles manages to become the definitive version of probably the best old-school Castlevania game. Initially the selling point from everyone I knew was the ability to unlock SotN before it became available as a PSN/PSX release. I just still groan at the fact that they messed with the dialogue that was already in the original PS1 game on the PSP re-release.
I tried to give MGS a fair shake on the PSP, but it just felt off... even playing the PSN release of MGS1 feels really bizarre unless I can use the actual controller.

Siquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm...not in a specific order :

) Z.H.P
) 7th Dragon 2020 (and the second one maybe)
) Valkyria Chronicles 3
) Sol trigger
) Ogre tactics

And others like Parasite Eve 3, unchained Blades ( and Rexx), Ff-type 0...

Kirihara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Hakai-hen
Sol Trigger
God eater 2
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Trails in the Sky: The Legend of Heroes
Summon Night 5
God Eater 2
Tales of Rebirth
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Persona 3
Fate/Extra CCC
Last Ranker
Jean D'arc
Toukiden
Grand Knights History
Magna Carta Portable
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Wild ARMs XF
Frontier Gate Boost+
Shining Ark
Growlanser IV

Just so many great games for the psp i can't choose 5, lol.....but these are my faves!

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
PSP in general was a weak (in terms of software) system. I mostly play with emulators on it, SNES, GBA and PS1 games... I can't say i really liked a specific PSP game, most look watered down PS2 games to me, and its exclusives are focused on graphical capability and the gameplay goes out the door...

In any case, the 5 games i have played mostly on PSP are in no particular order:

1. Crisis Core
2. Hot Shots Tennis
3. Pro evolution soccer
4. Tekken 6
5. Smash Court Tennis 3

Now i don't believe those games are really good. Crisis core is one of the worst games i have ever played, if i wasn't an oldtime FFVII fan i would never have finished it. Bad, really bad game. A high production value fan service, and nothing more. As a game, it is a perfect example of what to avoid when creating games...

Hot shots tennis was a good game, and perfect for a handheld. The only PSP game i can say that it hooked me. Nice graphics, cute sound and music, fantastic and simple gameplay, perfect on the go.

Pro evolution soccer is a great soccer sim for multiplayer purposes only.

Tekken 6 is good for short gaming bursts on the go, but nothing really special otherwise.

And Smash Court Tennis 3 is a more "realistic" tennis sim, difficult to master, but rewarding. Still, it has its flaws.

The rest of the PSP gaming library sucks in my opinion. I see games like Dissidia mentioned a lot, and i am wondering how is this possible. That game sucks, i have tried many times to like it, it just doesn't work. It is awful fanservice with pretty graphics, but graphics don't make a good game. Dissidia is repetitive, boring, many parts of the gameplay are broken, the story elements are nonsensical. I can't see how it can be considered one of the best games on PSP... Of course, given that PSP in general lacked good games, even Dissidia can shine with such poor competition...

It seems to me most are anime fans who are into jrpgs because of anime, and like PSP because it got jrpgs and ports of older jrpgs...

Let me be frank: JRPGS on the psp suck so much it is not even funny. There is a reason they don't sell, and it is not piracy...

To say games of a gerne are the best of the best, just because you like the art style, is wrong. There are jrpgs that i really like, like for example Final Fantasy IX or Suikoden II, but to say that all the crap that got released on the PSP were good, means you know nothing about good games...

There was not a single JRPG worth my time and money on the PSP. Not even one. Even Crisis Core, as i said earlier, was extremely bad, if not for its story i would have never played it. And its story was bad too, but i had to see it...

I have been playing RPGs since the early 90s, both Western and Japanese, and i know my stuff... If you believe those jrpgs on the psp were good, you need to get a PC and play some classics like Baldur's Gate II to learn what an rpg is... Or play Suikoden II...

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PSP in general was a weak (in terms of software) system. I mostly play with emulators on it, SNES, GBA and PS1 games... I can't say i really liked a specific PSP game, most look watered down PS2 games to me, and its exclusives are focused on graphical capability and the gameplay goes out the door...

The PSP was weak software-wise?
You make me laugh.

Now i don't believe those games are really good. Crisis core is one of the worst games i have ever played, if i wasn't an oldtime FFVII fan i would never have finished it. Bad, really bad game. A high production value fan service, and nothing more. As a game, it is a perfect example of what to avoid when creating games...

Crisis Core was a bad game?
I personally found it wonderful and more memorable than FFVII in some cases.
The ending for example, I find
Zack's death and the fight against Shinra troops
more touching than
fighting a semi-naked Sephiroth

The rest of the PSP gaming library sucks in my opinion. I see games like Dissidia mentioned a lot, and i am wondering how is this possible. That game sucks, i have tried many times to like it, it just doesn't work. It is awful fanservice with pretty graphics, but graphics don't make a good game. Dissidia is repetitive, boring, many parts of the gameplay are broken, the story elements are nonsensical. I can't see how it can be considered one of the best games on PSP... Of course, given that PSP in general lacked good games, even Dissidia can shine with such poor competition...

Because RPGs aren't repetitive by nature. :rolleyes:
Dissidia was very well made, the battle against Cosmos and Chaos was quite the plot and it was the battle against Feral Chaos is simply epic.
The EX Mode and assist could easily turn the tables in a battle, something you don't get to see much in RPGs (because numerical stats).

The gameplay is broken? Can you be more specific?
I *can* see how it's considered one of the best.
Lots of characters, great customization, adhoc battles, etc.

It seems to me most are anime fans who are into jrpgs because of anime, and like PSP because it got jrpgs and ports of older jrpgs...

Let me be frank: JRPGS on the psp suck so much it is not even funny. There is a reason they don't sell, and it is not piracy...

JRPGs on the PSP suck? They don't sell?
The original Dissidia sold over 1 million copies worldwide .
It looks like it's selling to me...

To say games of a gerne are the best of the best, just because you like the art style, is wrong. There are jrpgs that i really like, like for example Final Fantasy IX or Suikoden II, but to say that all the crap that got released on the PSP were good, means you know nothing about good games...

There was not a single JRPG worth my time and money on the PSP. Not even one. Even Crisis Core, as i said earlier, was extremely bad, if not for its story i would have never played it. And its story was bad too, but i had to see it...

Are you saying that I should like games like Patapon because of the art style?
Anyways, here's a short RPG list:

Lord of Arcana
Mana Khemia Student Alliance
Jeanne D'Arc
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Persona 3 Portable
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
The 3rd Birthday
Black Rock Shooter: The Game
Sol Trigger (JP-Exclusive, there will be a patch though)
7th Dragon 2020 (JP-Exclusive)
Digimon Re: Digitize (JP-Exclusive as well, there will be a patch too)
Fate/Extra
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Final Fantasy Type-0 (JP, patch is almost done)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact
ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
Valkyria Chronicles II
Gods Eater Burst

If you think that none of these games are good, you don't know jack shit about RPGs at all.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Kalker3

First of all, i have been playing rpgs since the early 90s, and i have played most of them, western and eastern, console and PC. I have played every PSP game in existence, at least for a few minutes...

Most games you mentioned are mediocre at best. Some are in the 7/10 range. No game among them is great. And almost all of them just appeal to a specific niche: JRPG/anime fans.

Seriously, you dare to mention Lord of Arcana as a great game? Or Mana Khemia?Naruto?Black Rock Shooter??? They might seem fine if you are a 10 year old anime fan, but those games are only mediocre, you know, in gameplay terms...

Dissidia selling 1 million copies is not a success. The market for PSP games is almost as big as PS1, and figures like 1 million were quite small by PS1 standards for AAA titles... PS1 piracy was more widespread too, so don't try to attribute this to it...

Try to count the millions Final fantasys 7-9 sold for PS1, then compare those to dissidia's... Calculate the amount of competition for AAA games for consoles with similar established base(in number of consoles), for example PS1, XBox360, PS3, see how many copies Final fantasy 13 has sold and what competition it faced... Dissidia is one of the few high production value exclusives for PSP, there are 80-90 million PSPs around, and only 1 million sold? That is quite low...

For Crisis Core, i said that it is a bad game gameplay-wise, and you replied by mentioning the touching ending. You are the perfect example of what i said in my previous post: You are just anime lovers so you play jrpgs... The gameplay in Crisis Core is crap. You just press the same button all the time, watch sh1t happen, and then watch the next cutscene. If i knew someone actually bothered to make youtube videos with only the cutscenes, i would have saved my time and watched them instead...

There is no system seller in the PSP library. No game stands out, even lower powered consoles 2 generations behind(PS1, N64, Saturn) had much better games*. I have spent more time playing PS1 games on my PSP than PSP games... If not for emulators, i would have never bought it.

*It is no wonder that many users even in this thread count among the best psp games straight PS1 ports like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Valkyrie Profile etc...

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Kalker3

First of all, i have been playing rpgs since the early 90s, and i have played most of them, western and eastern, console and PC. I have played every PSP game in existence, at least for a few minutes...

So you can tell if a game is good or not in a few minutes?
I'd rather complete said game first before deeming it as crap or not.

Most games you mentioned are mediocre at best. Some are in the 7/10 range. No game among them is great. And almost all of them just appeal to a specific niche: JRPG/anime fans.

Rating = Quality?
That's great to hear, I thought that people could enjoy games even if they weren't GOTY material.

Also, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy T-0 and Gods Eater are niche? For anime fans?
We might as well say that Dante's Inferno is a game for 3 year olds.

Seriously, you dare to mention Lord of Arcana as a great game? Or Mana Khemia?Naruto?Black Rock Shooter??? They might seem fine if you are a 10 year old anime fan, but those games are only mediocre, you know, in gameplay terms...

What? Mana Khemia and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact are mediocre?
Try to play them for more than just a few minutes.

Dissidia selling 1 million copies is not a success. The market for PSP games is almost as big as PS1, and figures like 1 million were quite small by PS1 standards for AAA titles... PS1 piracy was more widespread too, so don't try to attribute this to it...

Try to count the millions Final fantasys 7-9 sold for PS1, then compare those to dissidia's... Calculate the amount of competition for AAA games for consoles with similar established base(in number of consoles), for example PS1, XBox360, PS3, see how many copies Final fantasy 13 has sold and what competition it faced... Dissidia is one of the few high production value exclusives for PSP, there are 80-90 million PSPs around, and only 1 million sold? That is quite low...

Yes of course, let's compare 3 numbered Final Fantasy games for a home console that sold 102 million units against a spin-off for a handheld that sold 80 million units.

May I remind you that FFVII and FFVIII were released on Steam recently and that FFXIII was a multiplatform?

For Crisis Core, i said that it is a bad game gameplay-wise, and you replied by mentioning the touching ending. You are the perfect example of what i said in my previous post: You are just anime lovers so you play jrpgs... The gameplay in Crisis Core is crap. You just press the same button all the time, watch sh1t happen, and then watch the next cutscene. If i knew someone actually bothered to make youtube videos with only the cutscenes, i would have saved my time and watched them instead...

So I'm an anime lover because I like a good story with my games?
Suuure.
And I'm positive that you couldn't just spam X (the basic attack) and walk around in FFVII-FFIX.
With 10 minutes of grinding I could kill every boss in those games because my characters got so overpowered.
Dissidia on the other hand rewarded players with skill and tactics.
Please, by all means, try to defeat Minerva by smashing the attack button. I'm sure that'll get you killed.

There is no system seller in the PSP library. No game stands out, even lower powered consoles 2 generations behind(PS1, N64, Saturn) had much better games*. I have spent more time playing PS1 games on my PSP than PSP games... If not for emulators, i would have never bought it.

*It is no wonder that many users even in this thread count among the best psp games straight PS1 ports like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Valkyrie Profile etc...

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd sold 4.6 million copies and it's the PSP game that sold the most.
But oh well. Nostalgia over innovation I guess.

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1-Silent Hill origing / shattered memories
2-The legend of heroes
3-Persona 3
4-.hack//Link
5-Valkyria Chronicles 2
But badly there are more games 5 ain't enough :moogle:

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: FM
God of war: Ghost of Sparta
The Warriors
Mega man Maverick Hunter X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.