Hacking 5.4.0 progress

mastaklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The very first post in the stickied https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Just look for the caffiine section.

Edit: I misread and didn't see the SD part. If you want to get SDCaffiine to work on 5.4, you're going to have to port it first. As far as I'm aware, no one's ported it.

Your best bet is to just run the normal caffiine server.

well thats the problem
i seem to cant host files with my pc
netcafiine wont work when i run the server on my pc
also when i try to host files with hfs i cant reach my pcs ip with the wii u

so i pretty much need sdcafiine

Azeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats the problem
i seem to cant host files with my pc
netcafiine wont work when i run the server on my pc
also when i try to host files with hfs i cant reach my pcs ip with the wii u

so i pretty much need sdcafiine

Well unfortunately that's the only way right now. Sounds like you have PC issues that you need to resolve to get it working. As long as you followed the install instructions and have it set up properly, there's no reason it shouldn't be working.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the latest version of Loadiine gx2 ver.0.2 for 5.4.0 user, ready to self hosting (payload.mp4 and suitable index.html for it)

have fun

Thanks for this. For some reason though, when using homebrew launcher it will not load this GX2 (HBL runs all other homebrew fine). However, when I load gx2 directly with your www dir, it works fine. Any idea why?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this. For some reason though, when using homebrew launcher it will not load this GX2 (HBL runs all other homebrew fine). However, when I load gx2 directly with your www dir, it works fine. Any idea why?

It's an old version that doesn't support HBL

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the GX2 on github support 5.4 now or does another one need to be compiled? I tried running it and it didn't seem to work.

Yes it's compatible

But it requires a php server to work for 5.4.0 users, what I've done is make it compatible with any server/wifi sd card etc..

By converting the payload.php to .mp4 and edit the index.html to direct it to the payload.mp4

Last edited by memomo,
Reactions: airp

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it's compatible

But it requires a php server to work for 5.4.0 users, what I've done is make it compatible with any server/wifi sd card etc..

By converting the payload.php to .mp4 and edit the index.html to direct it to the payload.mp4

Got it working, thanks.

Reactions: memomo

Lawletto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello !

I'm having a problem with this new Loadiine, I red everything and I think I tried everything too since 2 days! So i'll explain my problem:

I'm using Kws on an android phone,

I put all the elf and homebrew manager files into the sd card that I plug into my WiiU then
I put all the files directly in a folder named "www" I set the directory to this location
but when I launch it from my browser on my WiiU I have this message: "Failed to load the file" and an error code.

Someone could help me ?

phoanlien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

I just bought a Wii U with 5.4 firmware, I'm new to Wii U scene,

I read the thread but still clueless about where to start

what is the next step to mod wii U on 5.4?

thanks

adrianoaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello !

I'm having a problem with this new Loadiine, I red everything and I think I tried everything too since 2 days! So i'll explain my problem:

I'm using Kws on an android phone,

I put all the elf and homebrew manager files into the sd card that I plug into my WiiU then
I put all the files directly in a folder named "www" I set the directory to this location
but when I launch it from my browser on my WiiU I have this message: "Failed to load the file" and an error code.

Someone could help me ?

I had same error. Then I changed the Kws to Palapa (Android-google play) is free. Put www folder inside pws/www. Then source folder is pws/www/www.
Open app, start web server. Its works for me ok.

Last edited by adrianoaos,
Reactions: Lawletto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters