Hacking 4gb card is good enough for hacking?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With how cheap SD cards are nowadays, you should pretty much stick with 32GB to 64GB. 16GB is the lowest I would suggest when starting out.
4GB is just far too small when dealing with 3DS games and you will only be able to either get a few small ones or one big one.

kupoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to be able to have a couple of games, you'll want 16GB or higher. 4GB will only be enough for 2-3 medium sized games.

Thx, you misunderstand my question. I just ask about hacking. I don't use it to store game.

Is it ready to use out of the box?

Last edited by kupoid,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thx, you misunderstand my question. I just ask about hacking. I don't use it to store game.
You really just use one SD card for everything, so I am still suggesting 32GB to 64GB
There's no reason to use a different SD card for hacking

Last edited by The Catboy,

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would say that even for "just hacking", you should use at least a 8GB card. But I agree with everyone else, sooner or later, you'll want to have more stuff and you'll need a card with more storage capacity. So better to just get one like that from the start. It's not like a 16GB or 32GB is really all that expensive nowadays anyway.

dotqurter_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
8GB is a good start, I use it with minor issues (I'm always only at <4gb left, and thats with a few games installed), but for 4gb, you'll only be able to store about 2 NAND dumps before it's full enough that it's almost useless. Unless you use your space wisely, I'd go for a 16+gb card.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should think about how many games you want on your 3ds at all times and then make the decision of which size to buy your SD card, I went from a 16GB to a 32 GB, then to a 64 GB in just under 2 years, but, you know, you can't never have too many SD cards.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For literally just hacking, you can use really small SD cards. Just hacked an Old 3DS and all of the files I used for the purpose of hacking took up only 17.3MB. You can probably get away with even a 2GB card which comes with the older 3DS models. Of course, as people said here, you can't really do much with it.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol