Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.
As said before, make sure that your console actually connects to your router, and try disable built-in firewall on router.
Otherwise, connect PC and Nintendo to an hotspot created by your smartphone, I resolved this way

I disabled the router's firewall and that didn't work, I used my phone and that didn't work.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten everything set up, and even launched the cfw successfully my first time around, but ctrclient refuses to work. I have my 3ds set to a static ip of 192.168.0.150, which I use with ctrclient and I get the response "ctrclient: failed to connect"

So I tried using 192.168.000.150 since that is what the 3ds changes it to. Then I get the response "getaddrinfo: 11001, N"

I've re-set my router, re-set my internet connection on the 3ds, launched the cfw again, and nothing works. It quite simply will not let me install devmenu.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've gotten everything set up, and even launched the cfw successfully my first time around, but ctrclient refuses to work. I have my 3ds set to a static ip of 192.168.0.150, which I use with ctrclient and I get the response "ctrclient: failed to connect"

So I tried using 192.168.000.150 since that is what the 3ds changes it to. Then I get the response "getaddrinfo: 11001, N"

I've re-set my router, re-set my internet connection on the 3ds, launched the cfw again, and nothing works. It quite simply will not let me install devmenu.
We've said it many times in this thread. You have to open the browser as soon as the CFW starts. If it loads a page, then everything will work fine.
If the system freezes, there's an issue with your connection and it won't work.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
We've said it many times in this thread. You have to open the browser as soon as the CFW starts. If it loads a page, then everything will work fine.

When I tried, no page would load and it didn't freeze. It would just stay endlessly refreshing.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Not true.

I was newer able to launch the browser or any other application while in CFW started with L pressed (system freezes if I try), but I successfully installed the Dev Menu on two different 3DS after several failed attempts.

IMHO it helps testing the internet connection in sysnand before starting the process and monitoring the connection to the router with Wireless Network Watcher before using ctrtool. I prefer not to use fixed IP because if the 3DS gets the IP, you know network is correctly working, so you can avoid to blindly launch ctrtool.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
When I boot the CFW, I'm running an emunand, right? Is it safe to update the emunand without it affecting my real nand? Is it possible I'll have more luck with ctrtool if I update the emunand firmware?

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The browser does work. I tried a google search and the results came up instantly, so I know the internet connection on the 3ds is good.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, after formatting, my 2gb sd has shrinked to 852 mb and now I can't restore the nand backup with hex workshop...

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, after formatting, my 2gb sd has shrinked to 852 mb and now I can't restore the nand backup with hex workshop...

If it's like Gateway's emuNAND, that is because when creating emuNAND, the system partitions the card off into two partitions. You reformatted the non NAND partition. You need some software to select and delete the other partition and merge them back together if you want the full 2gb to work with.

Reactions: RJ Sly 95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM