The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to Jailbreak on 4.20?

~~EDIT~~
Oops, I am so sorry. This was meant for Ps3 Hacking and Homebrew. Can a mod move it?
*Accidently posted in PsVita.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing you can do is buy a flasher and downgrade to 3.55 or lower. If your system was never on 3.55 or lower to begin with, than you can not downgrade to 3.55 or lower. Once you hardware flash your system to a hackable firmware you can play all 3.55 (2011ish) or older game backups. To play newer backups you must convert your console to a DEX (developer) console and then manually repackage the game backups with the leaked Sony developer tools.

So to recap. You need to buy a flasher like the Progskeet or E3 Flasher, then flash to a lower firmware, hack your console, and optionally update to higher level DEX firmwares. Converting to DEX is kinda challenging, but allows you to play 3.55 or older games, the latest retail games, and most 3.56+ backups. Good luck! This is why I never left 3.55. Patience pays off.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously wish there was some kind of flasher available that would work on NAND consoles like mine.

I get that it might be easier for those things to work with the 16MB NOR systems, but all of those are the 'neutered' systems, and thus are useless to me. Just feels like lately those of us that did buy a BC ps3 are getting screwed in terms of being ignored for cool stuff like this.

Don't mean to sound like an ingrate, but I'd really rather not have to buy a gimped ps3 to be able to use such cool stuff like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse