Hacking 4.1E hacks.ini!

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, i forgot, the hacks remover didn't help. That was my first try to fix the problem.

Edit:
The problem is fixed with Nand Cleaner.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
@Dteyn

All I used was a hex editor, windows calculator, and notepad.

I opened up the 00000008.app files from 4.0E and 4.1E in a hex editor. Then I converted the 4.0E preloader memory hack offsets to the actual offsets within the dol, by getting the hacks.ini offset and subtracting 0x8132FAE0 from it. I went to this offset and copied the value at this offset, an searched for this value in the 4.1E 00000008.app. I found the address and then added 0x8132FAE0 to it to convert it back to a preloader memory hack offset, and put it in hacks.ini, with 4.1E's version number (v450).

And I think I will port these 4.1E hacks to 4.1U now. They are similar, so it shouldn't be hard. I've just got to "acquire" a System Menu 4.1U wad (v449) but it might take a while, as my internet is slow.
How did you know what to subtract from the offset?

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Waxiv said:
If I update my wii to 4.1 (with waninkoko firmware updater) I'll have to reinstall my Preloader again?
Yes, because Preloader is installed into IOS60, which gets overwritten upon each System Menu update.

Also, I just tested the hacks for 4.1U. Worked great. Thanks!
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, IOS60 is not touched in a Nintendo 4.0 -> 4.1 update. Preloader pretends to be the System Menu, and relocates the System Menu elsewhere. It does need to patch IOS60 so it doesn't reject Preloader, though.

I have tested 4.1U hacks as well, and some worked with me, while some didn't. :/ "No Menu BGM Startpatch version" is more like "No Menu BGM," "Replace Healthwarning with Backmenu" didn't work while "No health check" did... OK, enough with me being an apathetic old fart.

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try entering the Systemmenu Hacks, I get an error saying
hacks for your systemmenu version (v449) were found No

Yet the hacks.ini file is both in the root directory and the apps/preloader directory

I tried the hacks.ini as extracted, tried removing the sections for Other system menus, and seeing as the wiki mentions line breaks, (I use textpad) I used tools > convert to DOS

Nothing seems to work.

BTW.... I'm using a 16GB PNY Optima SDHC 240 HD card

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoRD RPG said:
When I try entering the Systemmenu Hacks, I get an error saying
hacks for your systemmenu version (v449) were found No

Yet the hacks.ini file is both in the root directory and the apps/preloader directory

I tried the hacks.ini as extracted, tried removing the sections for Other system menus, and seeing as the wiki mentions line breaks, (I use textpad) I used tools > convert to DOS

Nothing seems to work.

BTW.... I'm using a 16GB PNY Optima SDHC 240 HD card
I had to use an SD card that was not SDHC for my hacks.ini file to be read. Give that a shot.
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tjado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HiBit said:
I use Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.1 to update from 4.0E and my Wii work fine.

I reinstall Preloader 0.29 and my Wii work fine.

I use the hacks.ini for sysmenu v450 and my Wii now shows only the version number 4.1E at startup(same screen as recovery mode) and if i try to start the sysmenu from preloader.
Same problem with or without the hacks.ini.

The HBC work fine and i know how i can reinstall the sysmenu, preloader and so on.

But is it possiblem to fix this little problem easy?
If not it's ok, than i reinstall the sysmenu and preloader again.

FIXED:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168...t&p=2129970

Im experiencing the exact same problem! Could you explain how to fix it with Nand Cleaner?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tjado said:
Im experiencing the exact same problem! Could you explain how to fix it with Nand Cleaner?
First i try'd hacks remover, but it didn't help.

Second i use'd NAND Cleaner and i used only the settings and hacks remove function.
NAND Cleaner ask two times to remove it, and i used both.

But NEVER delete the DOL if it ask!

I think it was ...:
remove hacks?
Yes

remove settings?
Yes

remove DOL?
NO

and again it ask

remove hacks?
Yes

remove settings?
Yes

remove DOL?
NO

That's all, now the new hacks.ini from sd card work without any problem.

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't play US GC games on my 4.1E PAL system anymore though. Also the foreign Wiiware/VC channels, don't work anymore. Even if I enabled "Region Free GC Games" and "ReEgion Free (SD) Channels".

Anyone got it to work?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated from a virgin 3.1E to 4.1E using the ULTIMATE SYSTEM MENU GUIDE 4.1 - offline guide.
I have bootmii installed as BOOT2, a pre-softmodded full NAND BACKUP and preloader 0.29 installed after softmodding.

The only problem i'm having is that preloader cant find the hacks.ini file. I've checked the file on the sd and its definately there on the root of the card!

I get an error directly after click on 'systemmenu Hacks' saying "hacks for your system menu version v450 were not found. NO

1. How can i solve this problem?

2. If reinstalling preloader is your recommendation do i uninstall and install or JUST INSTALL OVER the top of preloader?

3. Can i just copy over the hacks.ini file without messing preloader up and bricking?

I know the sd card is cool because i used the same card (sandisk 2gb - NOT SDHC) when i softmodded my friends wii to from official 4.0E to modded 4.0E last week! His wii was also an Pal LEH model - 2006.

Here is a snippet of my hacks.ini file:
(bearing in mind i have INSTALLED systemmenu450!!!!!)
The ini file shows version=449 all the way through the code!!!)
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Skip disc update check]
version=449
offset=0x8137EEA8
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EEAC
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EE50
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EE54
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EDA8
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EDAC
value=0x60000000
-------------------------------------

Thanks all!

EDIT: I think i may have cracked it! I just had a look at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#EUR_v4.1.

Can i just edit the hacks.ini in notepad using the 4.1E 450 information from the above page?

thanks people and thanks also to Nabster92! (very helpfull chap!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night