Hacking 3K3Y: Will it support your PS3 model?

mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
439c632fe7.jpg

It seems there is a lot of confusion about when 3k3y will be ready for your ps3model. 3k3y team have figured out how to use the device without KEYs, which means you can use the device on OFW, tested up to 4.46 firmware.

---

There are 2 motherboard types

- 3k3y Fat, for PATA based consoles (fat consoles with the really wide ribbon cable coming off the DVD drive)

- 3k3y-S (3k3y Sata Slim) for All other units, including Fat consoles which have a Sata dvd drive.

The Sata Fat consoles, and the 2000/2100 models have the Blu ray drive board INSIDE the Blu Ray drive. This means the 3k3y can sit in the middle and is solderless. The 2.5k, 3k, and 4k models all have the Blu Ray drive board inbuilt into the motherboard. The Blu Ray drive using just holds the motor, and laser. The laser cable goes directly to the motherboard. For this reason you will need to solder the adapter board onto the motherboard. For this reason the 3k3y team have made 1 x main board for Sata based models, and are making 3 different adapter boards for these models. The adapter boards are just attachments (daughter boards if you will).

Details of the progress are below:

3k3y Fat ( aka 3k3y PATA ) - In Stock, and available

SOLDERLESS

Works on models

CECHA (PATA)

CECHB (PATA)

CECHC (PATA)

CECHE (PATA)

CECHG (PATA)

CECHH (PATA)

CECHJ (PATA)

CECHK (PATA)

CECHL is a mixed batch, half PATA, half SATA, OPEN YOUR CONSOLE IF YOU HAVE THIS MODEL TO CHECK BEFORE ORDERING!

--------------------------------------------------------------

3K3Y-S for Sata Phats, and 2000/2100 - ALMOST READY, ETA MID AUGUST

SOLDERLESS

Works on:

Phats:

CECHL (open to make sure its sata model, might be PATA)

CECHM

CECHP

CECHQ

Slims

CECH 20xxx

CECH 21xxx

3K3Y-S for and 2500/3000 - DESIGN ALMOST COMPLETE - ETA MID OF AUGUST

REQUIRES SOLDERING to motherboard to attach the 3k3y to the drive interface

Works on:

Slims

CECH 25xxx

CECH 30xxx

3K3Y-S for super slim 400x models - In production - 12th of August

Works on:

Slims

CECH 40xxx

---

Source: http://nforush.net/consolenews/detail/3k3y-progress-update-will-it-support-your-ps3-model.html

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am getting a review of 3k3y for my CECHL04 . i am going to be a Guinea Pig for there newest batch.It's a newer version(i beleive) of the 3k3y-s. I'll post picture went i get it and installing it and it working(if it works):yayps3:
i really hope it works and will try my best a writing a review

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so based on the information HERE, the one I was going to get is wrong - in fact its not even out yet??

I have Slim CECH-3001B on 4.46

So the below applies to me (soldier, ug) - this post isnt asking, its confirmation to those who still dont get it and have my model

Here IS A question though.
how small are those soldier points? lol im good, but i mean, im not a pro either.

3K3Y-S for and 2500/3000 - DESIGN ALMOST COMPLETE - ETA MID OF AUGUST
Works on:
Slims
CECH 25xxx
CECH 30xxx

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CECHA01 and am considering this but am wondering about other options.

This sounds nice because I can stay on OFW and keep using PSN.....is this the only hard mod that doesn't require CFW? I don't know much about this stuff....

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you have a bluray drive for a computer can you rip PS3 games that way?

Having to dissasemble my PS3 to rip games seems like a big hassle.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't get is, if 3k3y needs cfw in order to make a dump so it'll work, then what would be the point in getting it if you already have cfw? Unless this changed recently.:blink:

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it changed, you don't need cfw to dump the keys anymore. Previously after dumping the keys you could go official with it though, I think that was the point.

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why people keep for getting that,slims that are 2001/2100 still need the drive keys for 3k3y to work.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
The lack of anyone being able to tell me anything tells me my 3KEY 3KS-R V1.2 is a useless piece of crap that I forked out my hard earned cash for. I updated to 4.55 before the news came out and before I got the chip.
Well I mean you would they said you could in their statement on there site NOT HAPPY and the lack of progress to rectify the problem COBRA already has a fix like ages ago.

D

Deleted User

As far as I knew, 3k3y was pretty much dead in the water when 4.55 hit. COBRA and E3 I believe came up with a workaround for the units that didn't work with at least being able to boot a swap disc.

Their site hasn't been updated in several months, and the last thing anyone posted was a facebook post in may saying they haven't had any luck finding a work around and will try a boot swap soon. 3k3y has been pretty shitty in the past with their support.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/x360key

D

Deleted User

It should work okay in the 3K series as far as I know, only the 4k I believe had the big issues. However, both 3 and 4k require soldering to the board itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol