Hacking 3in1 issue

flimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I've just bought a new 3in1 card, in a shop which claims that they've changed the battery a year ago. The version I got is 'EZ5C3'. The problem is that i can't get it to work at all. I'm using an old AceKard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.9.0. I tried to load games with GBA Exploader (58b and 058b0) in SRAM and NOR mode. Mostly it freezes on load or on an analyzing ROM, and on every launch it asks to set slot 2 card. I've managed to load a few games, but it never went pass GBA logo. Tried 'ak2_sd.dldi' fix, but behaviour didn't change in any way. Also I've tried loading games straight from AKAIO, NOR flash just freezes on game load and with SRAM loading ends up with GBA logo. So after all that I ran SRAM test, write.nds output:
Code:
Nor Flash id=0x89168916.
start SRAM verify.
verify Err:Add=0, S=74, D=7c
Game list I've tried:
  • Golden Sun,
  • Advance Wars,
  • The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past,
  • Another World.
At this point I'm thinking that I got a faulty card. Should I return it?

flimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already tried that with no success. GBA logo shows up and that's it, NOR method freezes both in AKAIO and in ExpLoader. It clears NOR and when it tries to load a game it freezes. :(

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your 3in1 was likely damaged when they replaced the battery, it either works or it doesn't when replacing the battery. If you can still return it for another one, I recommend you do that. Otherwise your out whatever you paid for yours and will likely have to get a new one.

---

I have several 3in1s with dead batteries attached and they still work, except for holding the save in SRAM.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

flimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, thanks for the reply, I will try to get a replacement. I had a dead one to, battery replacement didn't help with save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)