Hardware 3G Question

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I decided to go for the 3G Vita since the EUversion isn't sim-locked and I've got a 2 year mobile internet contract anyway, so I can use my card in my Vita - and since I have no Android or iPhone it's my device of choice to browse through the internet and check my mails and stuff while I'm on the go. :>

I'm not sure if I'd got one if I were in the US tho.. ^^;

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to go for the 3G Vita since the EUversion isn't sim-locked and I've got a 2 year mobile internet contract anyway, so I can use my card in my Vita - and since I have no Android or iPhone it's my device of choice to browse through the internet and check my mails and stuff while I'm on the go. :>

I'm not sure if I'd got one if I were in the US tho.. ^^;
OMG someone who doesn't have an iPhone D: GTFO!

And yes the browser and stuff on the Vita is much better than most smartphones and its quite easy to use although I found going to check my email is really annoying since I have to goto the mobile site instead of the normal site.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You much be joking calling the Vita's browser better than most smartphones, it absolutely is not.
I most certainly agree. Smartphone browsers are far more advanced, though that doesn't mean the Vita's is bad. I'd like to see more compatibility with things like HTML5 (and YouTube).

Anyway, I just have a WiFi model and should I be desperate for connectivity when I'm out I'll just tether my phone to it.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
You much be joking calling the Vita's browser better than most smartphones, it absolutely is not.
I most certainly agree. Smartphone browsers are far more advanced, though that doesn't mean the Vita's is bad. I'd like to see more compatibility with things like HTML5 (and YouTube).

Anyway, I just have a WiFi model and should I be desperate for connectivity when I'm out I'll just tether my phone to it.
Even though its not as advanced as the smartphone browser i'm yet to see a smartphone to be more accurate touch screen phone that has a screen as big or bigger than the Vita. It might just be me but I don't think I have big fingers but I found typing on a touchscreen phone horrible even when its turned to be horizontal instead of vertical so I do prefer the vita broswer to a smartphone, QWERTY on the other hand isn't so bad for me.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent see the actual system for a wifi version, but there should be a slot on the back of the lef side of the system, it is where a SIM card goes, I know it is on the 3g, and they associate at Game Stop was telling me that the wifi was supposedly actually upgradeable by getting a SIM card for it

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i havent see the actual system for a wifi version, but there should be a slot on the back of the lef side of the system, it is where a SIM card goes, I know it is on the 3g, and they associate at Game Stop was telling me that the wifi was supposedly actually upgradeable by getting a SIM card for it
Then that associate isn't very clever. The WiFi model has no such slot, what with it NOT BEING A 3G MODEL.

Reactions: 2 people

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well seeing as he didn't own one and they aren't supposed to open the boxes for consoles, and the fact that he said he wasn't sure about it in the first place: I assume he was just voicing what his speculations were, seeing as there wasn't somebody behind me buying the Wifi version (who whould have opened theirs with me for us to compare)

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the WiFi model and from what I've seen online on the 3G model, the only external difference I've noticed is the SIM slot on the left, where mine is smooth.
Kinda wish the WiFi model still had GPS, though I can understand why they may not have included it; WiFi isn't exactly the sort of connectivity that travels a lot.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the WiFi model and from what I've seen online on the 3G model, the only external difference I've noticed is the SIM slot on the left, where mine is smooth.
Kinda wish the WiFi model still had GPS, though I can understand why they may not have included it; WiFi isn't exactly the sort of connectivity that travels a lot.

I agree with this. If I can use the app on WiFi on the 3G model then you should certainly be allowed to on the WiFi model.

Reactions: 1 person

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
GPS without a connection to obtain satellite position data is really, really slow.
It takes time to search for satellites, and I think most people will have ragequitted before the GPS manages to find three satellites to connect to.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SingTel just announced their Vita 3G prices.

They were ATROCIOUS.

S$40/month with 50GB data. Well at least the console only costs S$99. :/

The 1GB plan will cost $17.90/month but the console will be at $268, about $60 less than the WiFi Vita. The same 1GB plan is available at $9.90/month but the console costs a whopping $450+++.

I'm fine with Wi-Fi only. As if I'll use as much as 50GB. (I'm only using max 5GB on iPhone!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr