Hardware 3G only in US?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that they only sell the wifi-only model here in Canada at all retail stores. I only see the Wifi+3G version in the US, does the 3G only work with AT&T?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I noticed that they only sell the wifi-only model here in Canada at all retail stores. I only see the Wifi+3G version in the US, does the 3G only work with AT&T?
I believe some retailers got sacred that the 3G version won't sell very well and withdrew from selling it.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe some retailers got sacred that the 3G version won't sell very well and withdrew from selling it.

Here in Canada, neither Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games or The Source said they carry 3G version. Even on their websites, seems like only US?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Here in Canada, neither Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games or The Source said they carry 3G version. Even on their websites, seems like only US?
Well, from what I've read so-far, the North American edition is locked on AT&T, so that might be the reason, but I have no idea if they also meant Canada.

My advice is that if you don't want AT&T, get a European Vita - they're SIM-Unlocked. I'm not quite sure if Canada works on CDMA networks or GSM networks, if it's GSM then look no further and Import.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, it's 3G so it should be UMTS or CDMA2000, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/business/chocolate-price-increase-easter-holidays/index.html