Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@erman1337
You could add to the notification bell the following function:
Add notification if the user clicks follow or fails to follow the member.

Another thing, the notification list has a small error in the members name, when you click the name, you are sent to an invalid page.

She sends you to
Https://3dsthem.es/user/member-name

Last edited by Ryumaru,

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@erman1337
You could add to the notification bell the following function:
Add notification if the user clicks follow or fails to follow the member.

Another thing, the notification list has a small error in the members name, when you click the name, you are sent to an invalid page.
Fixed the bug, working on the follow notification right now

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can now choose to get notifications for when someone follows / unfollows you. (This is not spammable so don't worry)
upload_2017-3-6_22-43-56.png

Enable it in the settings!

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@erman1337 about new interface
I think you need to put an extra button in there beside uploads, setting and notif, a button for "hide/show suggestive items" if unregistered people press it they need to log in to their account first then they can show suggestive and see the themes

Last edited by miraclaime,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@erman1337 about new interface
I think you need to put an extra button in there beside uploads, setting and notif, a button for "hide/show suggestive items" if unregistered people press it they need to log in to their account first then they can show suggestive and see the themes
This could lead to problems because the administrators of the hosting site would have access to that content.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If the button isn't ok then we need something that could tell all the users that there's a hidden theme in there, it isnt fair if there are hidden themes but the access to it is also hidden and only few people know about it. If it cant be done then why bother allow suggestive theme

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was there a bug or something yesterday? I uploaded a few themes about 2 hours apart each (some maybe smaller windows) yet they were never "approved" while other new themes continued to be. Next day, they all showed up at once but were still separated between 2-3 pages of other new themes (like they were approved when I uploaded them, but they weren't) so basically my themes never got to show on the "recent themes" tab when they were made, they were automatically pushed back like 3-4 pages the next day.

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Majickhat55 No that's not a bug, it is common problem since you still need to get an approval from mods before your upload appear, its not only you but it also happen for other users so it basically like this, you're done uploading, and another users may upload 2 or more themes after you so your themes is behind them.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I meant...... My themes weren't showing up HOURS after being approved. And when they finally did show up, they were 4 pages down like they HAD been there when I actually uploaded them previously but they weren't.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@erman1337 You could add to the Preview mode a mode that allows you to view images with bearing.
I created this theme, it has rolling images.
Preview (28).png

imagem_rolante (1).png

You could add two fields to the form to be able to send the rolling images. You could release these fields after sending the theme, if the theme has the image in that size, the field would be enabled in edit mode. So this function would only be used if the theme has images in the exact size. You could add a button that switches the normal preview mode to the secondary mode.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: zeldaism

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So was there a bug or something yesterday? I uploaded a few themes about 2 hours apart each (some maybe smaller windows) yet they were never "approved" while other new themes continued to be. Next day, they all showed up at once but were still separated between 2-3 pages of other new themes (like they were approved when I uploaded them, but they weren't) so basically my themes never got to show on the "recent themes" tab when they were made, they were automatically pushed back like 3-4 pages the next day.
This is because, your custom theme has an ID number, that number follows a numerical order. Let's say that the ID of your theme is 1768, until your theme is approved, other themes from 1769 to 1800 have already been posted. Because the paging system is ordered numerically by ID, that's why its theme appears in other pages when it is approved. The site paging system sorts the themes in descending order from highest to lowest ID.

Kailow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason a theme's "wallpaper" for the top screen can't be Stereoscopic? Sorry if it's a dumb question or in the wrong thread or something, wasn't exactly sure where else to ask.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason a theme's "wallpaper" for the top screen can't be Stereoscopic? Sorry if it's a dumb question or in the wrong thread or something, wasn't exactly sure where else to ask.

I think images / video with a fixed stereoscopy (such as the 3DS-generated camera shots, 3D video files and 3D splash-screens) can only really be viewed as screenshots or in some other static and dedicated fashion.

I'd imagine that it's a design and / or technical limitation of the home menu itself making this the case. I don't know, for example how home menu 3D models (app icons, the twirling 3D folder etc) would be able to have their variable stereoscopy values (as adjusted by the 3D slider) displayed against - or in front of - an image which has a binary on-or-off 3D mode (switched using the same 3D slider.

Kailow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think images / video with a fixed stereoscopy (such as the 3DS-generated camera shots, 3D video files and 3D splash-screens) can only really be viewed as screenshots or in some other static and dedicated fashion.

I'd imagine that it's a design and / or technical limitation of the home menu itself making this the case. I don't know, for example how home menu 3D models (app icons, the twirling 3D folder etc) would be able to have their variable stereoscopy values (as adjusted by the 3D slider) displayed against - or in front of - an image which has a binary on-or-off 3D mode (switched using the same 3D slider.

Thank's for the answer and that makes some sense. I spent some time trying to get it to work but it never looked right for various reasons. Thought I'd ask to see if I was missing something. If it's by design then there's probably a way around it (Home brew/cfw app etc) but if it's strictly technical there's probably not a lot that could be done. And I don't really intend to brick my system in the process of trying to find out.

OTACON120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because, your custom theme has an ID number, that number follows a numerical order. Let's say that the ID of your theme is 1768, until your theme is approved, other themes from 1769 to 1800 have already been posted. Because the paging system is ordered numerically by ID, that's why its theme appears in other pages when it is approved. The site paging system sorts the themes in descending order from highest to lowest ID.
If this is the case then it might be ideal for pending themes to have a separate "pending" ID and only be given their true ID number at the time of approval, that way new themes are sorted and placed at the appropriate time rather than getting buried in situations such as this one.

Reactions: lonewolf08

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If this is the case then it might be ideal for pending themes to have a separate "pending" ID and only be given their true ID number at the time of approval, that way new themes are sorted and placed at the appropriate time rather than getting buried in situations such as this one.
The value is automatically generated at the time the data is created in the site database in the ID field.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1