Homebrew 3DSControllerPlus - PC-->3DS video and input streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 85,383
  • Replies 381
  • Likes 49

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
20170719_193320.jpg

The New 3ds has the ultimate backwards compatibility with its faster processor. So much so it can emulate the wii at fullspeed! Thanks Nintendo ^-^

Reactions: FateForWindows

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everytime I type in the IP in the client application and press "connect", it instantly says the application has stopped working and it shuts down.

nvm, my bad. everything works fine

Last edited by aarti,

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
YES!! I couldn't get filestreamer to work properly on my windows box, so I tried running it on Ubuntu 17 using wine... IT WORKS! You can run filestreamer.exe from wine cmd and it will stream your screen properly (however their is some latency, I don't know if that's just wine). To get into wine cmd, type
Code:
wine cmd
./filestreamer.exe
P.S.: If you don't have wine, go get it at winehq.com

Last edited by Termer,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
YES!! I couldn't get filestreamer to work properly on my windows box, so I tried running it on Ubuntu 17 using wine... IT WORKS! You can run filestreamer.exe from wine cmd and it will stream your screen properly (however their is some latency, I don't know if that's just wine). To get into wine cmd, type
Code:
wine cmd
./filestreamer.exe
P.S.: If you don't have wine, go get it at winehq.com

wait what?! wine has StretchBlt support? >_>
please if you can make a screenshot of the Terminal and the 3DS, I wanna see if it really works!

edit: you need a *really* beefy PC for 60fps capture and a *really* good wifi connection... also, check the CPU usage

Last edited by Sono,

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
edit: you need a *really* beefy PC for 60fps capture and a *really* good wifi connection... also, check the CPU usage
How beefy are you talking? I got around 60fps (with latency) on some points, but it lagged down to 10fps when I was playing Minecraft with it. Also, I assume your 3DS app isn't multithreaded, because it appeared that button and touchscreen output was waiting for video transfer, making playing any game with it nearly impossible. I'm using an o3DS for this.
As for the PC, it's running Lubuntu with an Intel Core i3 (or 5, I don't remember) at 2.4GHz.

Attachments

• bot_0003.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 2017-07-27-182152_1366x768_scrot.png
    2017-07-27-182152_1366x768_scrot.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 289
  • bot_0005.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 323
  • bot_0006.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 336
  • top_0003.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 361

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How beefy are you talking? I got around 60fps (with latency) on some points, but it lagged down to 10fps when I was playing Minecraft with it. Also, I assume your 3DS app isn't multithreaded, because it appeared that button and touchscreen output was waiting for video transfer, making playing any game with it nearly impossible. I'm using an o3DS for this.
As for the PC, it's running Lubuntu with an Intel Core i3 (or 5, I don't remember) at 2.4GHz.

on old3DS there's a bit more latency due to slow CPU
as for running at 10fps, that's because there's too much movement happening on-screen... but you can also check the CPU usage, it uses ~45% CPU (almost a whole CPU core, as this application can only utilize a single core) on my 1.6GHz Celeron in screen capture mode

When loading filestreamer, i get thrown an error. It connects, but the 3ds says Decoder: out of memory

try using the latest FileStreamer with the latest PaintController cia, it sounds like a problem caused by an old version of PaintController (3DS side)

CoolJoey244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick noob question: Where can i find FileStreamer? I already have everything in place, but I'm guessing why it crashes when i use the 6957 port is because i do not have FileStreamer. Also, quick side question; Can I disable the Circle-Pad's mouse feature? I've tried editing the mmode to 0-3, but I always get the touchscreen and circle pad however i set the number. Any help? Thanks!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Quick noob question: Where can i find FileStreamer? I already have everything in place, but I'm guessing why it crashes when i use the 6957 port is because i do not have FileStreamer. Also, quick side question; Can I disable the Circle-Pad's mouse feature? I've tried editing the mmode to 0-3, but I always get the touchscreen and circle pad however i set the number. Any help? Thanks!

FileStreamer is here (make sure to download all files in that directory): https://github.com/MarcuzD/3DSCPlus/tree/master/FileStreamer/out

as for mmode, it defaults to 1 for the main config file iirc, so you have to load a keyconfig which has mmode=0 set (make sure you have the latest 3DSCPlusDummy.exe as well)
stop using the main config file for storing your keys, use keyconfigs! they are invented for storing... as the name suggests: KEYCONFIGS! :P

CoolJoey244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FileStreamer is here (make sure to download all files in that directory): https://github.com/MarcuzD/3DSCPlus/tree/master/FileStreamer/out

as for mmode, it defaults to 1 for the main config file iirc, so you have to load a keyconfig which has mmode=0 set (make sure you have the latest 3DSCPlusDummy.exe as well)
stop using the main config file for storing your keys, use keyconfigs! they are invented for storing... as the name suggests: KEYCONFIGS! :P
I hope you are prepared for stupidity, but all i get when i run the filestreamer.exe is
"C:\Users\PC\Desktop\3DSCPlus-master\FileStreamer\out\FileStreamer.exe <FILE | -> <IP Address>
C:\Users\PC\Desktop\3DSCPlus-master\FileStreamer\out\FileStreamer.exe + <IP Address> [exe]"
and then it immediately crashes...
Also when i click "Load key-config" it does nothing. Could be me just being delusional, but it could be doing something.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I hope you are prepared for stupidity, but all i get when i run the filestreamer.exe is
"C:\Users\PC\Desktop\3DSCPlus-master\FileStreamer\out\FileStreamer.exe <FILE | -> <IP Address>
C:\Users\PC\Desktop\3DSCPlus-master\FileStreamer\out\FileStreamer.exe + <IP Address> [exe]"
and then it immediately crashes...
Also when i click "Load key-config" it does nothing. Could be me just being delusional, but it could be doing something.

for a start, run "FileStreamer + 10.0.0.109" where "10.0.0.109" is your 3DS's IP address, so please change it... disconnect 3DSCPlusDummy though, because due to a bug the bottom screen will be black if you stream while inputting

I was lazy to add a warning to tell the user to disconnect before loading a keyconfig, so disconnect first, then you can load keyconfig

CoolJoey244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for a start, run "FileStreamer + 10.0.0.109" where "10.0.0.109" is your 3DS's IP address, so please change it... disconnect 3DSCPlusDummy though, because due to a bug the bottom screen will be black if you stream while inputting

I was lazy to add a warning to tell the user to disconnect before loading a keyconfig, so disconnect first, then you can load keyconfig
Okay, thank you. Everything works great except the inputting part. I'm guessing i will have to use an external controller because the bug you mentioned does not allow inputs to be sent/recieved without defeating the purpose of video streaming. Though, i cannot even start the input recieving on the computer while the video streaming is going on, so that may be a problem for the next day. Thank you for your help and letting me understand these things, all within a short time period.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, thank you. Everything works great except the inputting part. I'm guessing i will have to use an external controller because the bug you mentioned does not allow inputs to be sent/recieved without defeating the purpose of video streaming. Though, i cannot even start the input recieving on the computer while the video streaming is going on, so that may be a problem for the next day. Thank you for your help and letting me understand these things, all within a short time period.

yeah, sadly old3DS is too weak for this :/ and I can't reduce video bitrate due to alredy too big processing power required

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wouldn't add pc to 3ds video streaming to the thread title if it's not really usable to regular users atm. I'd make it pc to 3ds input streaming and video streaming (only for advanced users).

Last edited by LogicIsHansom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night