Hardware 3DS XL unbrick help

ddrguitarpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to fix my black screen brick for a while now. It occurred after the battery went dead in emuNAND on GW ultra. I have my original nand dump from GW menu. I soldered the pinouts to the SD adapter and checked everything over with an ohm reader.

I've gone through a few adapters trying to get windows to view my 3ds as a drive. I've finally found one and it won't show up anywhere by My Computer. When I try opening the disk it shows a CRC error.

I also have a RPi2B and a SD>microSD adapter. I've yet to find any way to unbrick that's compatible with my newer raspberry pi yet though.

I just want to get this 3DS working again. Can someone please help me out?

ddrguitarpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg
Sorry for double posting but this is just to clarify: I am turning the console on and getting the 8046 screen before plugging it into my computer.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, short cables are a must. Second, pics are a must. We can't go on the assumption that the soldering is good, and that you have the correct points soldered. Third, please make sure the pics are close up and CLEAR. Blurry pics aren't any use for good help. Finally, the RasPi fix you speak of is for the old Gateway brick code that hasn't been a problem for a long time. All you need is good soldering, short wires, a compatible SD reader (especially important for "new" 3DS's), and win32diskimager.

Reactions: ddrguitarpunk

ddrguitarpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, short cables are a must. Second, pics are a must. We can't go on the assumption that the soldering is good, and that you have the correct points soldered. Third, please make sure the pics are close up and CLEAR. Blurry pics aren't any use for good help. Finally, the RasPi fix you speak of is for the old Gateway brick code that hasn't been a problem for a long time. All you need is good soldering, short wires, a compatible SD reader (especially important for "new" 3DS's), and win32diskimager.

sorry my camera isn't that great. I didnt realize that cable length mattered (mine are approx. 17" long) but I know that my solder connections are correct and not touching anything else.

if your nand is connected correctly, should anything be readable in windows explorer, or will it only be viewable on win32diskimager?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should ask you to format it. I wouldn't suggest it. Windows will assign a drive letter to it. Try and keep them shorter than 8".

ddrguitarpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should ask you to format it. I wouldn't suggest it. Windows will assign a drive letter to it. Try and keep them shorter than 8".
Drive letter is assigned as "k" and windows does ask to format. I have not done so yet. Win32diskimager does not see any drives when running though, even as admin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.