Hardware 3DS XL Nub behaving strangly

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I noticed while playing kid icarus uprising I was having trouble doing a forward dash and went into settings and recalibrated the nub. Then, on the test screen to verify that the nub is working correctly, it does reach the full range of motion. However, according to the test, vertical movement of the nub is slow to reset to the center. The nub itself snaps back to the center properly, but can take over 6 seconds to slowly center itself according to the test. This does not happen for horizontal movement. Any ideas?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you already try recalibrating the nub via the System Settings? Maybe that'll work, otherwise, I have no idea.

Did you reply after seeing the title? He said he calibrated it already. (sorry if it came off as rude, that was not my intention)

I had 3DS nub issues too. I got my 3DS replaced by nintendo, because calibrating didn't fix it. Did you by chance clean your nub with a damp cloth? That's what I did and then it stopped working.

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you reply after seeing the title? He said he calibrated it already. (sorry if it came off as rude, that was not my intention)

I had 3DS nub issues too. I got my 3DS replaced by nintendo, because calibrating didn't fix it. Did you by chance clean your nub with a damp cloth? That's what I did and then it stopped working.
No water exposed to it. Just a lot of kid icarus uprising :P. I cleaning it with a (dry) tooth brush didn't help either, though it did get some dirt out.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

That reply, along with that PW profile pic just matched perfectly.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're tech savvy, try opening the thing up and cleaning it, maybe some crud got in there and is messing it up. But for normal people that's probably way too complicated (I wouldn't try it myself based on seeing some 3DS teardown vids).

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already sent to the Big N. Hopefully they wont care that I have 237 hours of "Alex Rider Stormbreaker".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte