Hardware 3DS XL minor issues

untswubwub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my XL last week and haven't used it much but a couple of things annoyed me:

1. The back/battery cover can be pressed in very easily which makes the whole thing feel cheap and flimsy. Would adding some type of rubbery strips inside be a good idea? How fragile are the 2 screws(don't want to damage the heads) and is back cover secured with glue as well?

2. Don't know if this was intended but the official charger is very loose when connected to the XL. The slightest tug on the cable will yank it out. I don't remember the GBASP/DS charger being that bad. The fact that it wasn't included with the console is even worse. Are there any 3rd party chargers that have a tighter fit or clips?

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) That's normal.

2) Just how loose is it? Plug in the charging cable and hold the device with the back (where the charing cablet/port is) facing downwards. If the cable fall of it's own accord, try a different charger. If it still happens, time for exchange.

untswubwub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed your advice and held the xl upside down - cable fell out :/ Got a replacement charger and I'm now happy with the fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended