geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Goodness, a built-in Circle Pad 3DS? It's just like in my dreams, save for the money-printing feature! :P

Best of luck on this project! It's certainly a formidable one, to say the least! :O

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
looks hard, but certainly possible with extensive experience and equipment in CAD and rapid prototyping
(maybe even one of those cheap new 3d printers might good enough, I don't know how well they can do hard materials)

you will have to separate the lower part into an upper and lower halves and insert you own stuff in between
the screen and original slidepad will remain in the upper part but the board (and thus everything else too) will need to go down to make space for the additional slidepad
luckily those are already separate parts
the buttons/cross presses can probably be forwarded by mechanical adapters (spacers)

this free space can then hold the two new shoulder buttons, the electronics from the CPP and the larger battery too
if the CPPs IR is placed directly above the one fron the 3DS they should be able to comunicate

after the rough placement is decided a new case is needed to hold it together
its exact design and manufacture is the main challange of the whole project

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
(maybe even one of those cheap new 3d printers might good enough, I don't know how well they can do hard materials)
People started making guns that actually fire with certain types of materials used. Caused quite a stir since most gun control assumes that people can't make their own.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People started making guns that actually fire with certain types of materials used. Caused quite a stir since most gun control assumes that people can't make their own.
Impressive and disturbing yes, but the printer they used was a professional model (with a cost of 32,000+ USD according to the manufactorors page).
With cheap I meant the RepRap/Makerbot kind (more around 5 to 10% of the cost iirc)

Additionally their wall strength/thickness was much higher from what I can see.

Reactions: Rydian

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how I could do something similar but just change the button to coloured one like on the new 3ds?

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest

What's with all the necrobumps lately?
To answer the question, i doubt it was completed. Have my doubts it was even started tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important. +1