Hardware 3DS XL Black Screen

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my top screen replaced on mt 3DS XL and now when I turn it on the power light comes on but the screens show no activity at all. Any ideas how to fix this?

Update-I have tried removing the SD card and game cart with no change. Removed the battery and left without power for 20 minutes with no change.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
I have repaired old DS lite models - and in that case it was very easy to fail to insert the display connector fully - I have had them come loose after reassembling the console. It might be possible that this has happened in your case and the connector needs re-inserting

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies. I looked up a video on screen replacement and checked the connections but still am having no luck. I even disconnected and reconnected them twice making sure they were connected. Im not sure if something else is wrong or not :(

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you for the replies. I looked up a video on screen replacement and checked the connections but still am having no luck. I even disconnected and reconnected them twice making sure they were connected. Im not sure if something else is wrong or not :(
Did you replace the screen in the first place? or did someone do it for you?
Did you try moving the screen cable it might be touching something and shorting out, or the screen might be faulty in the first place, or something came loose some other cable, connection, while the screen was being replaced.

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought and replaced the screen myself. I have disconnected and reconnected all of the connections on the board that had a possibility of being moved. The Wi-Fi module was working before the screen replacement so I hope it isnt the cause now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded