Hacking 3DS XL -- 6.1.0 -12U what are my options?

Cr0n_J0b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I just bought my kids some 3DSXL systems under the mistaken impression that I could use .3ds roms on those systems. I bought new R4 Gold carts, which said they were compatible with the console and the I did get the wood kernel working, but I can't see any 3DS roms on the cart. Based on reading, I would guess that the cart is not compatible for playing 3DS games and only supports DS Roms...correct?

What are my options? Are there carts that will work for me, or nothing yet?

thanks for the help and merry Christmas.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If the firmware of the 3DS is greater than 4.5, your only option is to buy games. If not, you can buy the Gateway cart for around $80.

Edit: Just saw the topic title. You're out of luck. Probably should've done some reading before buying everything :P

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^

there is no known way to play .3ds roms in consoles with firmware grater than 4.5.
if you really want to play roms, sell that console a find a second hand one in firmware 4.1-4.5.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^

there is no known way to play .3ds roms in consoles with firmware grater than 4.5.
if you really want to play roms, sell that console a find a second hand one in firmware 4.1-4.5.

I was asking if his card was a 3ds card to play 3ds roms or if it was a ds card that would work on 3ds system. so I can get a idea of what he has.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have any options unfortunately.

The exploit previously used was patched. The hackers need to find another exploit to hack the 3DS on 5.1 and above.

Cr0n_J0b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all of the responses. I really should have come here first, before buying, but it was a black Friday deal...so there you go. I guess we'll be buying a few games until I figure out an alternative.

thanks!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many sacrifices do we need to make before one day we will be granted 3DS flashcarts beyond the 4.5?

This is an extremely ignorant post, as you have no idea about the work that it'd take to accomplish this. Instead of thinking about how this is hard for you, think about the devs working on accomplishing the task that you make "sacrifices" to wait for.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an extremely ignorant post, as you have no idea about the work that it'd take to accomplish this. Instead of thinking about how this is hard for you, think about the devs working on accomplishing the task that you make "sacrifices" to wait for.

it sounded just like a joke to me..

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounded just like a joke to me..

Yep, to me it read as if he intended it to be like a blood sacrifice to the "gods" of hacking that they might bless the efforts of those valiant hackers seeking to accomplish this task.

And if I'm wrong, hey, I'm due.

tarayaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

he was probably joking, but your reply would make much more sense if the devs were uploading a CFW instead of a card that is sold for ???% it's manufacturing costs.

Don't take it the wrong way, i think what has been acomplished is great and all, and i am sure that they are working their hardest to find a way to get it working on 4.5+, but they are making a big profit here, not just draining their blood sweat and tears so we can play the pokemon rom.

skitariister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was talking about how many goats, chickens, and cows that need to be sacrificed.

For the dark gods!

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take it the wrong way, i think what has been acomplished is great and all, and i am sure that they are working their hardest to find a way to get it working on 4.5+, but they are making a big profit here, not just draining their blood sweat and tears so we can play the pokemon rom.

But that's just how it is in the flashcart world though. You have the means to develop the firmware for a flashcart that you can have produced, then you are able to turn a profit on it (assuming it's successful, but that's not my point). Just because one is getting money out of it doesn't make the process any less difficult -- it just makes the bills easier to get paid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0