Hardware 3ds won't boot anymore

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmh, what did you do to your 3DS before?, I wanna ask in order to know if you tried to install A9LH or is simply a case where that happened regardless of CFW installation.

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed A9LH successfully then I needed to solder a power connector to the motherboard, I made that, I triple checked all the connectors to be all in the right place, but it won't power on since then, I definitly didn't do that right but I don't know where.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I installed A9LH successfully then I needed to solder a power connector to the motherboard, I made that, I triple checked all the connectors to be all in the right place, but it won't power on since then, I definitly didn't do that right but I don't know where.
Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin on SD root?

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country

In the A9LH guide it says that the 3DS can't boot without the SD card in, did you checked that?.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't check the sd, now it boots for 5 seconds then makes a popping sound and shuts down.

You have arm9loaderhax.bin in your SD?, if so, try to hold either Select for the Luma menu config or Start for Decrypt9, remember to hold Select or Start before turning the console on.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
You tried both the start and select buttons separately and according to your diagnosis, nothing happened with both cases?, if arm9loaderhax.bin and your SD card was in your 3DS during the process, then it should (for most cases) activate either of those, since Luma is inside the Sysnand.

Anyway, if that failed, then try the Recovery Mode, which is A+R+L+Up(DPad) while turning the 3DS on (obviously, press those before powering on), if all the previous cases failed, and you cannot activate neither a menu nor recovery mode, that means that your case is not a Soft-brick, and rather, a Hard Brick.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Check the soldering on the power conector to see if it's not shorting.
The connector as 6 points and each one solders in a specifically spot on the board.
Check for solder splashes near there.

P_20160916_224727_1_p.jpg P_20160916_225648_1_p.jpg

Also, if you removed the board and disconnected the ribbons, check if they're all properly connected.
Those symptoms are usually ribbons wrongly/badly connected.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Check the 2 under the SD slot (the one's for the bottom screen, specially the small one that has the grey locker) and the 3 on the top that goes to the top screen (the camera, speakers and top LCD).

Also, see if the IR and WIFI boards are properly inserted and there's no bent pins (use a magnifying glass).

If you want details on the ribbons, see this to help you:
https://pt.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+Upper+LCD+Replacement/6176

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check the 2 under the SD slot (the one's for the bottom screen, specially the small one that has the grey locker) and the 3 on the top that goes to the top screen (the camera, speakers and top LCD).

Also, see if the IR and WIFI boards are properly inserted and there's no bent pins (use a magnifying glass).

If you want details on the ribbons, see this to help you:
https://pt.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+Upper+LCD+Replacement/6176

Well, everything seems to be good, but I hear a little... sound on the 3 ribbons to the upper screen when I open the console, seems to be that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.