• Replies 168

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The rumored PSP2 could do fairly well if Sony has learned from mistakes made in the past. If the PSP2 would be regionfree and I'm sure it will, Nintendo could be the one having a hard time if they don't have a strong line up by the time the PSP2 is released.

@A Gay little cat: If too many features would be overkill then explain me why the iPod Touch and iPhone are selling like hotcakes.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkAngelx said:
Piracy on the PSP is hard?
You get a $6 battery (the cost of an original R4 on ShopTemp) put some files on your MS, put them both in the PSP, flash it, and download the games. Granted MSDuos and MSPRODuos do cost quite a bit and the games are a lot larger, but really, that doesn't complicate anything.

Oh, and for people with a TA088v3 motherboard they can use ChickHEN or w/e as long as they're on or below FW 5.03.

EDIT: Okay, now I sound like an a**. I'm just saying, piracy on the PSP is not difficult, I do enjoy both systems, I have 3 DS's (lol, no pun intended) and 2 PSP's and several dozens of games for both (none are pirated o_o)
Which brings up a good question.

What about a store-bought PSP now? Like the current PSP-3000's? I saw a bundle that included LBP for the PSP and some toher stuff, and I think a 2GB MS Pro card to go with it... or was it 1gig? in any case, it was a bundle, with a game, for $129, which despite how I feel about Sony and their (shoddy) hardware quality, is quite reasonable, IF I can hack it.
yaypsp.gif

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Whhhaaaat?! no PSP is a brilliant console, all for different reasons:

Brilliant graphics
Lengthy games
Ports of popular PS3 games
sleek design
comfortable to hold (imo..DSL cramps my hands)

So no, there is still room for PSP handhelds out there, there are plenty of awful DS games that are released throughout the year, I think a large marjority of PSP games are great and worth the money.

..Plus...not everyone is obsessed with poking or fingering sreens
wink.gif

WeaponX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:

Brilliant graphics
Lengthy games
sleek design

So no, there is still room for PSP handhelds out there, there are plenty of awful DS games that are released throughout the year, I think a large marjority of PSP games are great and worth the money.

wink.gif
i would say brilliant graphics unless you think ps1 visuals are awesome.

N!ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
As the topic says Sony have been pummelled in the handheld market and now nintendo's direct competitor is Apple I think Sony should sling their hook and get out of the handheld business as they have done an epic fail with the PSP
The PSP was not an epic fail, stop being such a fanboy.
Anyways, Sony is developing a new handheld console, one that will probably yet again have superior graphics to the DS, and hopefully it will have more developers backing it up this time, as long as there's no immediate piracy and hacking starting.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponX said:
boombox said:

Brilliant graphics
Lengthy games
sleek design

wink.gif
i would say brilliant graphics unless you think ps1 visuals are awesome.

Well they're a hell lot better than any other handheld console is what I'm getting at
wink.gif
..and yes PS1/PS2 is pretty impressive as a handheld from that time.

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
boombox said:

Brilliant graphics
Lengthy games
sleek design

wink.gif

Lol!!
[url=http://gbatemp.net/t275964-nikkei-psp2-wil...p;#entry3412237]http://gbatemp.net/t275964-nikkei-psp2-wil...p;#entry3412237[/url]

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
As the topic says Sony have been pummelled in the handheld market and now nintendo's direct competitor is Apple I think Sony should sling their hook and get out of the handheld business as they have done an epic fail with the PSP

I'm so tired of people lumping Nintendo and Apple together in the same pie, I mean neither of them considers the other a competitor...So stop putting them together ones a App hore and the others a quality over quantity hore end of story sheesh!!!

FYI: Until Apple gets off their butts and makes and actual effort to make a Video game console and Handheld device that plays games then I'll agree there a potential competitor. Until then, they are not, just because the iPad plays crappy looking games like RE4 (heh, it doesn't even hold up to the PS2 version!!!) doesn't mean it counts as a competitor, same goes for the iPod touch!. Take this with a grain of salt as these are my feelings and my opinions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1