ROM Hack 3DS Virtual Console savegame and ROM hacking thread

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,009
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I have been thinking, is it possible to easily edit my savefile in games like super mario bros and then I decided to post this thread.
This is a thread where we edit savefiles and see the results we get.
Maybe if we find all of the code that a game like super Mario has in a hex editor, we can maybe replace it with another games rom! (Do NOT post any ROMS or CIAs)
To start off with, I would recommend using HxD as your hex editor.
This should work on new firmwares, as we are only editing virtual console savegames and maybe game data.
WARNING: If you are on ANY outdated firmware and you are staying on that firmware for NINJHAX or Gateway and you have any virtual console games, DO NOT USE THIS, If you mess up the game, your 3ds will not launch it and you will need to reinstall it, but you can't because e-shop doesn't work on outdated firmwares.
I will test out editing savefiles, but I need help finding addresses like lives and stuff, if you can help me, just PM me. I will post pics of any success.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah a post about 3DS VC... i have little question for you :P (sorry if i not answer to your post, because i dont know since i not have any 3ds vc atm lol).
The question is this: is true that 3ds VC have savestate function? (called save point and restore point or something similar?)
And... its not possible to TAS on VC, right? (slow down the frame or frame advance, in few word)

D

Deleted User

OP
I havn't had access to the PC in my house.

Does anybody know the address for the high score and lives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple