ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to rename the file to your suggestion(NIN_0001.avi) & see what happens. I'll also try to convert another 3D movie over the weekend. Thanks for your help & I'll report back later! :)

Well, finally success guys! I converted another 3D movie for my son(Brave) & it showed up & played perfectly from the 3D Camera. It's weird though how the date shows as 1-1-2019 on these converted videos. I guess that's why I was missing seeing them from the sd card. I was looking for latest date added folders from the sd card. They actually show up at the beginning of the card. Thanks for helping guys!

ilikepie641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With wine debug I only get this message:

0x7b85af43: movl %edi,0x4(%esp)

Mono is installed, so is .net4

Trying just to run the program gives this error:

The entry point method could not be loaded

EDIT: installing mono for linux (I install mono in wine before) made me able to run spinal's version of the video converter.

EDIT2: Opening a file made it shut down the program -.- xD

Yeah im getting this same issue after finally installing mono 2.8 with wine...
after a bit of googling for the error I've found no solution and mostly people saying something like this

"Gnaag read this Topic http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=3184.0 RDJ doesn't fully work under Mono Or wine as of yet. It's all to do with the .NET components not working right within wine." ~ http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=2960.0

Also supposedly this
"

My problem was solved after I posted here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1034940

But essentially the solution was to install this:

http://directhex.mfgames.com/pool/ma...1~dhx1_all.deb

"
But its a broken link and when googling the .deb i find this " http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-10.04/ubuntu-main-i386/mono-csharp-shell_2.4.4~svn151842-1ubuntu4_all.deb.html " and installing doesn't help...
Not knowing a single thing about mono or wine or etc. doesn't help either

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! I've just converted Avatar 3D and all of the clios have only half a screen showing. Anyone know where I went wrong..? Should I have side-by-side checked on the General tab..?

Edit: Okay, have now tried Hansel and Gretel (not sure if I've spelt that right!) which is working a bit better. Have renamed them to the format above HAG_0001 to HAG_0009 but for some reason only 0002 to 0009 are shown in the 3DS camera thingy...anyone got any ideas..?

Have now successfully done Alice In Wonderland which has worked perfectly. I've noticed that the two I've had problems with, Avatar and Hansel and Gretel are both MP4 files, and the one I've done perfectly is an MKV file. Anyone else noticed this or is it just a coincidence..?

Another Edit: Was just wondering why something as cool and useful as this isn't a Sticky..? Should be imo.

Probably Final Edit lol: So far MKV files have been working 100%. There are a lot of MP4 files out there so I've been using 4Media's 2D to 3D Converter to convert 3D AVI/MP4 video files into 3D MKV video files and used the 3DS Video Converter without a single problem. I've also used this to convert 2D video files into 3D ones and they look pretty good!

MyNameIsDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a .mkv file with two audio tracks, is there a way to switch which audio track the program uses when it converts? Or do I have to find a way to remove the unwanted audio track before converting?

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This converter is pretty good, I'd just like to see the option to edit the dates(the ones that the 3DS sorts by) so I can actually have organization with the video files. Lets say I want to convert episodes of a TV show, I'd want to organize the episodes by season and episode with the date, the first episode would be 1/1 and others would have dates set similarly like 2/14, 3/21, and so forth.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello this is a good quality???
Its really good and its the full sreen aspect also for 3DS XL?

Moonsheel videos are crapppy, even DPG wth 1000 bitrate are bad quality and have slowndown:O, with this app can watch videos with a good quality and no slowndowns??
Anyone knows what the higest bitrate that is possible to convert with this app??

Josh Krady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the ideal type of 3D video to convert from with the latest version of this software? I've tried a bunch and can't get any of them to work right. I want to rip my Monsters Inc 3D blu-ray and then convert it for 3DS, but I can't figure it out, I've spent the past couple of days trying all different formats and options. Any help?

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm impressed! I've converted a few videos, and love it!

However, a couple of questions, since I don't see any easy answers (sorry if they are there and I missed them):

1: My videos are all cut off at 5 minutes, not 10 minutes. Also, they didn't have the other parts of those movies (part 2/3/4. It made the first 5 minutes, then just cut off the rest.

2: Is there a way to choose specific audio/subtitle tracks in cases of multiple options? Or to not have subtitles at all (for soft-subbed)?

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After waiting over an hour for a movie to convert, I was greeted with 11 files. I put them in the latest folder on my SD card in the DCIM folder and made sure none had the same name as my pictures (my pictures in that folder ended in 0009). Now on my 3DS, I'm looking for the files. I have a lot of pictures and whatnot, but I checked the very beginning and very end with no luck in finding the videos. Please someone help!
P.S. I checked the checkbox that says "Use 2 digits for long video" because the movie I was converting was 1:40:17. 9 of the output files are "NIN_0011.AVI" until "NIN_0019.AVI" and the last two are "NIN_00110.AVI" and "NIN_00111.AVI"

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After waiting over an hour for a movie to convert, I was greeted with 11 files. I put them in the latest folder on my SD card in the DCIM folder and made sure none had the same name as my pictures (my pictures in that folder ended in 0009). Now on my 3DS, I'm looking for the files. I have a lot of pictures and whatnot, but I checked the very beginning and very end with no luck in finding the videos. Please someone help!
P.S. I checked the checkbox that says "Use 2 digits for long video" because the movie I was converting was 1:40:17. 9 of the output files are "NIN_0011.AVI" until "NIN_0019.AVI" and the last two are "NIN_00110.AVI" and "NIN_00111.AVI"
WHAT THE HELL?
I left my 3DS idle in the browse photo part of the camera app. Right after I clicked on Post, it mentioned something about updating the management file. I updated it and now I can see my videos!

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, me again. I found a 3D movie (Tangled 3D) and it is confirmed to show 2 screens on my laptop, which is a 2D laptop. So I drag and drop that in this converter, check the "3D video" checkbox and begin converting. After putting the outputted files on my 3DS and turning the 3D on, I noticed it still showed 2 screens instead of one 3D screen. Is there a way I can watch 3D movies on my 3DS?

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late replies but I've been busy with some other projects. Anyways here are some replies:

@aerosukku/Rat.2: Works fine for me on Windows 8 but I know that you can't Drag'n Drop Files from a Window that has no admin rights to another one that has admin rights. Check that neither the converter or Windows Explorer run as Admin. I'm not sure but you may have to turn User Access Control (UAC) off.

@Sym22: I may have messed up 3D-Converting again. 3D-Video Conversion had some bugs in most Versions, but still you could try a older version.

Currently I have no plans in Developing this Application any further, since I used it very rarely in the last time. I may make some bugfixes and release a proper final version, but I won't add anything new. If someone wants to continue this project and clean up my messy code feel free to do so and ask me questions if you have any. The sourcecode (C#/WPF) can be found on Github.
Which version supports 3D playback of converted files?

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this need much improvements.
Like to edit/trim videos in the playback time which we should choose.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone having the same problem as I had, 6 hours of hard work and determination has paid off! 3DS Video works! Google 3DS Video v1.32 and convert away! It looks very similar to 3DS Movie, but this one actually gets the job done. Happy converting!

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iikii: There's no need for it to do so. Pictures can already be read by the application as-is. Just copy them to the SD card. (The only problem would be if it's in a format the application doesn't recognize. If that happens, just load image in Paint on your computer, save it into an appropriate format, then load the new file.)

Also, if you are interested in having 3D images... I can't say I know how to do so myself, but there is a site where people upload 3D images for the 3DS to view via the 3DS Internet Browser; you can even save them like any other image, retaining their 3D (if any). It's not a particularly efficient site (any given page is rendered not much more than the combined area of the top+bottom screens), showing only 6 images at a time, and a near-useless search method, but it's unique in this matter as far as I know.
NOTE: Like any other site of it's type, it's got content of anything, with little (if any) content restriction. So you are warned.
NOTE: Like any other site of it's type, it's got content of anything, with little (if any) content restriction. So you are warned, if you care. (Remember, perverts (and worse) are why the Swapnote application has a perma-ban on wifi-usage, and the Miiverse blatantly has a ban on Real World/Off-Topic comments.)

Omar de Santiago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any luck converting side-by-side videos. I've done everything I've thought about. Any recommendations? When I try converting the side-by-side file, only one of the sides converts and the other one stays black.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol