Hardware 3ds V. 10.3.0-28u downgrade

toby1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i am needing some help to get this up and going. I am wanting to downgrade to 9.2 for cfw, but I need to get the homebrew launcher installed. The problem I am having is when I try to get BrowserHax going the 3ds is telling me that I need to do a system update to use the Internet browser. If i update that would seal my fate. Is there a way around this? I do not own any of the games to do the other hax. Thanks to anyone that can help guide me!

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i am needing some help to get this up and going. I am wanting to downgrade to 9.2 for cfw, but I need to get the homebrew launcher installed. The problem I am having is when I try to get BrowserHax going the 3ds is telling me that I need to do a system update to use the Internet browser. If i update that would seal my fate. Is there a way around this? I do not own any of the games to do the other hax. Thanks to anyone that can help guide me!
Follow this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki it should help.
You also will need an expliot game. Cubic Ninja is being sold at some gamestops for 20 dollars.
You can also pick up oot3d selects and powersaves at gamestop

Last edited by xtheman,

toby1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some won't work but other then the 3 games i told about (cubic ninja, freakyforms deluxe, oot3d plus powersaves) require a hacked 3ds to install.
so my gamestop has 2 of the games. If i go get Cubic ninja, I should be able to get the homebrew launcher on this thing to complete a downgrade to 9.2. I justr want to be sure so I dont waist a trip.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my gamestop has 2 of the games. If i go get Cubic ninja, I should be able to get the homebrew launcher on this thing to complete a downgrade to 9.2. I justr want to be sure so I dont waist a trip.
I would try the browser version-check bypass first. Did you update from a cart? If so, it won't work.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

toby1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try the browser version-check bypass first. Did you update from a cart? If so, it won't work.
I never updated anything! I try to use BrowserHax and it tells me to do a sys update to usr the Internet Browser

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He's on 10.3 just use browser hax use the browser nag bypass
how do i get that

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

toby1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to boot up the Homebrew Launcher but I am not able to install it to the menu! I just get errors!

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last edited by cravas,
Reactions: toby1978

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
He is trying to downgrade to 9.2. Don't tell him to stop doing the guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
I never told Him to stop.
Only mentioned that IF He wants to only have menuhax, He can stop there but if it is to install A9LH, then all He has to do is continue with it.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never told Him to stop.
Only mentioned that IF He wants to only have menuhax, He can stop there but if it is to install A9LH, then all He has to do is continue with it.
But stoping at menuhax won't give him cfw. Which is his main goal. Their is no way to setup menuhax and boot cfw with it by stopping at a point of the new guide.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But stoping at menuhax won't give him cfw. Which is his main goal. Their is no way to setup menuhax and boot cfw with it by stopping at a point of the new guide.
This is going way off topic but OK, you win.

@OP the isntructions I gave you were meant to solve the problems you were haveing booting browserhax and installing menuhax (that you need to have to follow the guide).
So, disregard the part I say "if you only want menuhax, stop at step 20". (I'll even edit my post to erase that instruction)

Nonetheless, those instructions will work on a 10.3.0-28 FW for sure. No need for you to struggle with Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms and whatnot (although it's always good to have one of those).

toby1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set your DNS to Manual and both primary and secondary to 107.211.140.065
Open your themes (Home Icon on bottom screen top left) and change it (you can even press default) then close it.

Then do ALL steps from here (if you just want menuhax, stop on step 20):
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

After you'll have menuhax installed.
I have it now, but now i am having a problem getting rx tools going from the browser. I go to launch.rxtools.net and I get forbidden error. Is there another way to get RX tools with cold boot going?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have it now, but now i am having a problem getting rx tools going from the browser. I go to launch.rxtools.net and I get forbidden error. Is there another way to get RX tools with cold boot going?
Why are you launching RX Tools???
I assumed (and everyone who is replying to this) that you're going for A9LH.
Or at least to downgrade to 9.2.

The page I linked you above as it all for you to downgrade to 9.2 and there's nowhere there that tells you to launch RX tools.
STEP 21:
All versions above 9.2.0 should do 9.2.0 Downgrade at this point, before proceeding

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: