Hardware 3ds transfer

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked a little bit but could quite find what i was looking for, if i was to format my current 3ds xl could i link my nnid to a new 3ds when i get it or would it possibly say its still linked to another one? anyone got the answer to this

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you need to system transfer and have both consoles for get the nnid into another console...
if you system transfer the nnid link will go to the new 3ds

i think you can also call nintendo and tell them your console broke and will buy a new one and wanted to transfer the account

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks cuz ima trade my current one in for the majora one but gamestop might be pains about letting me transfer and all that stuff

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just don't go right on release day of the New 3DS it'll be packed with many people probably asking to do the same thing and yes they will probably give you hassles for transferring on spot that day but a few days after the crowd has leveled down it shouldn't be a problem.

Your best bet is the following Monday after the release of the New 3DS on Friday the 13th in February (that weekend GameStop will probably still be crowed) assuming you're placing the New 3DS on pre-order, I read and heard there's a limited stock even for the standard consoles in North America.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a limited stock... it might sellout quick but not due to limited stock... at least in comparison of nintendo's other releases

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah limited stock sold out in 12 hours XD MM limited edition stuff has sold out as soon as it gets posted online

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bulletwithbatwings;21291637 said:
i preordered the Monster Hunter bundle this evening at EB.

I spoke to the Manager (I trained the guy years ago and he always knows his stuff) and I can confirm the procedure for transferring your games.

1) They will basically require us to pay in full
2) Go home and transfer our accounts
3) Return to the store within 48 hours with the old 3DS and our new receipt
4) They will refund the transaction and reprocess it with the trade.

Taken from another forum, this at least the case for Canada...

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at gamestop today. Manager said you have to pay for the MM N3ds XL in full online within 48 hours of ordering it so no way for them to do the trade in. Also no way to be able to do system transfer because if you preorder in store (the, it has to be paid for then, meaning you have to give them your old 3ds when you preorder and pay if you want (the number available in store was even less ine) trade in. She said my olcd 3ds would already be at the gamestop warehouse being refurbished and updated by the time the new one gets to my house. And as far as the MM model goes, same story as with Cubic Ninja. Assholes bought every preorder and are now selling them on amazon and similar sites for over 2x retail. They really should have limited people on those. I rarely buy anything for myself but I really wanted one of these.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You really can't blame scalpers especially when they allow no limits to online pre-orders, if anything blame Nintendo.

Nintendo could have easily made it so that all pre-orders have to be done in-store and the limit is one per person on Limited Edition consoles such as Majora's Mask Edition and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition.

This strategy will by no means stop scalpers but will heavily limit their purchasing power on Limited Edition consoles and game bundles, they will have to physically go to the store to make the purchase and may have to wait in line too and they will only be allowed to pre-order one Limited Edition item.

But if Nintendo did the above the double standard will probably kick into affect where the average Joe says he cannot get more than one Limited Edition console or game bundle for his household example his wife is at work and cannot purchase it in person or he is unable to make a in-store purchase for whatever reason and there's no online option to buy.

Honestly it doesn't really matter too much this whole world is double standard and you can't please everyone...

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at gamestop today. Manager said you have to pay for the MM N3ds XL in full online within 48 hours of ordering it so no way for them to do the trade in. Also no way to be able to do system transfer because if you preorder in store (the, it has to be paid for then, meaning you have to give them your old 3ds when you preorder and pay if you want (the number available in store was even less ine) trade in. She said my olcd 3ds would already be at the gamestop warehouse being refurbished and updated by the time the new one gets to my house. And as far as the MM model goes, same story as with Cubic Ninja. Assholes bought every preorder and are now selling them on amazon and similar sites for over 2x retail. They really should have limited people on those. I rarely buy anything for myself but I really wanted one of these.

I went to gamestop yesterday to pre-order a new 3ds and code name steam. we talked to the worker and basically they didn't know much but they just got hired and no one else was working yet (went right when it opened)
we asked to pre-order a new3ds they asked which one between the monster hunter, red, and black ones I said monster hunter and asked about the trade in offer they said if you bring in a 3ds/3ds xl when you buy the MH4 3ds you can get the deal remember the special edition ones are online only and buying in the store only gets it delivered to your house. this also makes doing a system transfer impossible since it will have been traded in a month before you get your new system. then I asked about pre-ordering a normal new 3ds and they said those are online only too. they also restated many time they were new to the job and wasn't trained on much yet.

So basically as usually the more loyal fans are getting a little screwed. even if this gets sorted out in some way (maybe a new way to do a system transfer... maybe making actual accounts) it's too late since pre-orders are going and i would gladly trade in my 3ds and live without one for a month to get that MH4 3ds if I could keep my purchases.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would gladly trade in my 3ds and live without one for a month to get that MH4 3ds if I could keep my purchases.

Now that I can run an exploit or downgrade my bought new 9.2 3dsxl I agree. I would trade in my bought used 4.5 for the $100 off the MM one if I was able to keep purchases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended