head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
this info below was provided at nintendo everything.

This information comes from EA’s Ryan Stradling, who was speaking about the 3DS on Nintendo’s E3 site…
QUOTE said:
“Playing games is about playing with my friends, and I want to know when my other friends are online, and that’s going to give me the ability and it’s also going to let me know what games they’re playing, real-time updates that I can get via that, sports scores because I’m interested in sports, exchanging achievements with other players that are in 3D. When you look at the DS penetration rate, there’s going to be a lot of friends for me to go talk to and communicate with.”

I’m marking this as a rumor for now since Nintendo has yet to confirm this information outright. Also, the voice chat bit isn’t too clear at this point. Still, this news sounds exciting nonetheless.

SOURCE:
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/42812/

wink.gif

from that above it looks like it.
also at e3 Nintendo said it would have the feature to see when friends are online.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LelouchVII said:
if the system menu was steam.
smile.gif
Yeah... No.

Anyways, this would be pretty cool, it would also mean there wouldn't be thousands of pages in the shoutbox filled with people posting shit on how they just won/lost a game of Mario Kart, Pokémon, etc.
yay.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost sure I will have voice chat, as some games already support it on the regular DS. As for friends lists, we have that on the Wii (Wii Address Book), so maybe they will bring that in?

Achievements... I'm not so sure about.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it seems like the 3DS is trying very hard to be like a home console ....but smaller and portable......its entering the age were we no longer have to sacrifice features for a portable console.....i dare say it seems allmost as if the portable might dominate the home consoles
glare.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
They should better make better games and better consoles instead of wasting time on crappy and useless gimmicks like this.
The 3d may be a gimmick....MAY.....but theres no denying that the console itself is vastly superior to the DSi
Therefor 3DS = Not a gimmick......

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't find this a useless gimmick at all. It's nice to know what you're friends are up to, and a chat feature of some sort through the 3DS itself would be a nice feature, even better if you could access it in-game via home menu.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
They should better make better games and better consoles instead of wasting time on crappy and useless gimmicks like this.
gimmick? what game console? or handheld game console have console has ever had 3D without glasses before?

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Achievements = gimmick (what a waste of time. if you are a true gamer you don't need shit like this)
"fake" 3D = gimmick (and totally useless shit... only "true" 3D is worth it)
Friends List = gimmick (biggest crap idea ever. if you are a true gamer you don't need shit like this)

So yes, this console is a huge gimmick parade. Better it is from a technical point of view in that it has larger screens and more 3D-Rendering (OpenGL! not "fake" 3D!) power than the previous console. But that's also not what I talk about. Somewhat more power is nice but if the games stay the crap they are today this won't help much.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dragonlord - True gamers play for entertainment. And gathering achievements is a form of my entertainment. If I'm not a true gamer I don't know what a gamer is... I play online games to become the best at killing people, and I love to talk trash over a mic. lol

D

Deleted-247497

Dragonlord said:
Achievements = gimmick (what a waste of time. if you are a true gamer you don't need shit like this)
Friends List = gimmick (biggest crap idea ever. if you are a true gamer you don't need shit like this)

So yes, this console is a huge gimmick parade. Better it is from a technical point of view in that it has larger screens and more 3D-Rendering (OpenGL! not "fake" 3D!) power than the previous console. But that's also not what I talk about. Somewhat more power is nice but if the games stay the crap they are today this won't help much.

how is the 3d fake again?? and achievements and friends list (which is almost needed to do online gameing) are not gimmicks they add aloooott to games, trust me, i hae had nothing but a wii for 3 years and now i bought a 360 and trust me....friends lists are nooottt a gimmick

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:

Well, the Wii and DS are constantly being criticized for not having these extra features, so... In an effort to make their consoles better, they're adding them.

Besides, how else can you make a console good without nifty features?
biggrin.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:

Umm, what? None of those are even confirmed for the 3DS. And no one knows what you mean by fake 3D(unless you're talking about the optical effect of the screen). What you are calling a gimmick is a hardware revision, which means you're saying the SNES, N64, and GBA were all gimmick systems? It all comes down to developers to make an incredible game. And you realize it's hard to create an amazing game on it's own when you're always comparing it to past games? No game has come close to OoT, Metroid Prime, Golden Sun, FFV, or SOTC. But none of those gave me the experience of Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, and Demon's Souls. Plus, there are so many other games I can add from past and present generation gaming.

And who are you to decide what a true gamer is? I guess true gamers like to live with inconveniences. So true gamers are loners who don't have any friends? Or if they do they memorize all their friends' numbers or info. So I'm guessing you use IM services without adding friends and your cell phone has no contacts. Seriously, friend lists was one of the worst ideas ever known to man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr