Misc 3DS System Transfer Question (CFW related)

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm looking at upgrading my o3DS and to that end, I've bought a used 3DS XL (the Link Between Worlds version). I plan on putting armloaderhax and AuReinand onto the Link Between Worlds one. The problem being, would it be possible to preserve all the games I've bought from the eshop and their saves? And what happens to Pokebank?

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just do a system transfer and tell it to transfer everything over Wi-Fi, all your saves should be transferred intact. This is only true, though, for legitimately-purchased games.

Before transferring, I recommend using a save manager to decrypt all your save files to SD card files, just in case.

When you do a system transfer like this, it'll attach your NNID to your ALBW 3DS. Your Pokemon Bank monsters should be accessible just fine.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Did it, and lost a bunch of saves, but luckily they were for games like Gunman Clive and Soul of Darkness. Games that I could play again to get to that point again.

It works well, and now I have a functioning ALBW 3DS. I haven't tried accessing my Pokemon Bank yet because I don't have enough patience fo rthat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1