Homebrew 3DS Soundhax stuck on red screen, please help.

JoYu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quantumcat,

Thanks for the advice. I also didn't have the arm files present, and now I got everything working. I guess I don't need my Zelda OOT cart any more (I used it for modding 2 N3DSXL's a while back).

Reactions: Quantumcat

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I ever had this frozen red screen issue on 11.2.0.35-U old3ds+a9lhax+luma.
I got this fixed by putting in homebrew starter.zip files on the root of sdcard (/3ds and boot.3dsx), plus you have to put the right version of "otherapp.bin" on and "soundhax.m4a" according to your console+firmware version to the root of sdcard.
In my case, I realized that I missing homebrewlauncher boot.3dsx file,so that it leads to freezing red screen when launching soundhax and homebrew launcher.cia.
I hope it helps, I'm sorry for my bad english.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad it finally worked ! :)

And, to clarify (first page) :

otherapp.bin = app made in ARM assembly who create a service for HBL and run boot.3dsx
boot.3dsx = Homebrew Launcher (ofc it's needed)

someone777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ever had this frozen red screen issue on 11.2.0.35-U old3ds+a9lhax+luma.
I got this fixed by putting in homebrew starter.zip files on the root of sdcard (/3ds and boot.3dsx), plus you have to put the right version of "otherapp.bin" on and "soundhax.m4a" according to your console+firmware version to the root of sdcard.
In my case, I realized that I missing homebrewlauncher boot.3dsx file,so that it leads to freezing red screen when launching soundhax and homebrew launcher.cia.
I hope it helps, I'm sorry for my bad english.

Thanks, you were right.

From the guide:
Copy the contents of the starter folder in starter.zip to the root of your SD card

I'm an idiot that managed to overlook the italicized "the contents" part and copied the starter folder itself to the card. If you're stuck at the red screen over and over, you probably did the same thing I did. I'm not saying some of the other tips here will not help people but this was my particular problem. Also, I know how hard it can be to format SD cards bigger than 32 GB without the file system getting corrupt or just formatting it in the first place but I managed to get it done with a 64 GB SD card.

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks, you were right.

From the guide:

I'm an idiot that managed to overlook the italicized "the contents" part and copied the starter folder itself to the card. If you're stuck at the red screen over and over, you probably did the same thing I did. I'm not saying some of the other tips here will not help people but this was my particular problem. Also, I know how hard it can be to format SD cards bigger than 32 GB without the file system getting corrupt or just formatting it in the first place but I managed to get it done with a 64 GB SD card.

congrats, hope you're not getting any trouble in the future.

fabrizo13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
see even i hav the same problem but slightly diffrent
help im on 11.3 n when ever i run the soung hax it crashes on a bottom yellow screen
it used to work before fine AFTER THIS IT STOPPED
one day when i was on the homebrew i was in brewman installing some apps n while downloading brew man just freezed n i forced power off n then when i powered it again my download play was missing from homemenu then i went on sound hax n runned it n it crashed on a yellow screen

i tried replacing the soundhax files n 3dsx but its the same

m on 11.3 n3ds
should i format my micro sd

Last edited by fabrizo13579,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte