Homebrew 3DS Soundhax stuck on red screen, please help.

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section to post this on I made an account just for help on this, so if I made a mistake correct me.
Anyways, I'm having problems getting soundhax to work. Basically when opening the file on the sound player it boots up, shows some text, and then sticks to a black screen on top and a red screen on the bottom.
wy4yu

Every source that covers this problem states that the boot.3dsx file isn't present or at the root of the SD card however i've check multiple times and it's there.
4rXAg
So now I don't know what to do all the files are correct, i've replaced and even flashed the SD card (Of course I made a backup) and I have no idea what to do. I've done everything all my sources are telling me to do with no results.
Please help me as I am clueless. Thanks.

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
tried again, made sure to replace the boot file and confirmed that the extensions are also fine Capture.PNG with no luck

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Try deleting boot.3dsx? I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I remember when I hacked mine, I don't recall ever putting a boot.3dsx file on the root of my sd card. Again, I'm not sure, this still needs confirmation if it is indeed true.

Also, in 3ds.guide, nowhere at any point does the guide tell you of a boot.3dsx file at the soundhax installation process. Hmm...

EDIT: IGNORE THIS LOL IM DUMB

Last edited by mario-lucis-caelum,

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Thought this wouldn't work, tried it and the same thing happened. Thanks for the shot though.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try any other entrypoint?
Delete the otherapp.bin, the .m4a file and the boot.3dsx and try these
https://filetrip.net/dl?TRTEgzlBCD
If it still does not work, I don't know what else could be...

edit: Is your SD card formatted correctly? fat32 32 kb cluster?
As you already said, the red screen usually means that the boot.3dsx file is not found, so maybe is not a soundhax problem

Last edited by Arubaro,

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
not even the sound file you gave would open. I honestly don't understand why it's not working. Looking up for an answer i've come to the conclusion the hack can't find the file which is ridiculous because in the previous picture everything is in the location it should be.
edit: now I can't even delete the files you sent.

Last edited by WildDio,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, give this a shot:
Go to any app in your "3ds" folder, copy any .3dsx file from there, paste it on your SD's root and rename it as "boot.3dsx" (replace the older one)
Try again and see if you're able to boot the app you just copies the .3dsx from

Last edited by Arubaro,

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I chose the file install.3dsx and renamed it to boot.3dsx and placed at the root of the card, tried it and and it won't even boot to the first image and instead crashes my system outright

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
check you FW version (look in you system setting) and make you you have the right payload file that the same as you FW AND 3ds type

and redownload the payload
go to
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

and go to Otherapp/ropbin payloads section
and set the right values that match your 3ds
then pick download otherapp
rename it otherapp.bin
put in on the root of your SD card
you can also just get the boot.3dsx and put that on the root of the SD card as well

make sure you are also using the right sound file (m4a) for you region and system type

Last edited by Ryupower,

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
As previously mentioned everything you suggested (Ryupower) has been tried. Also I tried the ftpd file and the same result happened.
Edit: I apologise for the long wait in a response

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I do not own a different sd card. Also, now it won't even go to the screen at the beginning of the thread and instead just crashes. It's like we've gone backwards.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not own a different sd card. Also, now it won't even go to the screen at the beginning of the thread and instead just crashes. It's like we've gone backwards.
I would say then, to try to run the ftpd.3dsx renamed as boot.3dsx but using the payload/m4a files you were using at the beginning (I just downloaded the files from smea's github and soundhax's github though)
Maybe you could also make a backup of your whole SD card, format it, and paste back the backup and see if something changes

WildDio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Ok, i'll backup my SD card again and format it, and then reapply all hombrew files (soundhax, etc) I'll reply when all is done

Reactions: Arubaro

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You need it on FAT32 32Kb cluster.
If your SD is too big, you may need an external program in order to be able to format it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1