Hacking 3DS sometimes won't wake up from sleep mode using GW3DS.

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just letting people know that my 3ds sometimes freeze after i put it to sleep mode. what happened is black screen after i open the 3ds. this happened 2 times with mario & luigi : dream team and Bravely default. i tried pushing different combination of buttons but it didn't do anything so i must button-reset my 3DS.

i'm using GW3DS with 6.3 emunand. posting this so this problem can be addressed properly and won't happen to anyone else in the future. so just to be safe, don't put your 3DS to sleep during gameplay.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Never happened to me a single time, and I ALWAYS put my 3DS into sleep mode when not playing. I also always quit the game before entering sleep, but the cartridge is still loaded. I'm running on SystemNAND 4.4.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
One slight problem I noticed with gateway is that if you use certain SD card (not microsd) for storage it won't launch games/give errors like corrupt game etc. Try changing your SD card. When it gives error it says restart else it just sticks on 3DS Logo screen

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One slight problem I noticed with gateway is that if you use certain SD card (not microsd) for storage it won't launch games/give errors like corrupt game etc. Try changing your SD card. When it gives error it says restart else it just sticks on 3DS Logo screen
which SD card did you use when it showed the error?

i sometimes got the save corrupted error too, but i have lots of backups, so it's nothing more than a hassle. although, back up every 2 hours can be tedious >__>

also, every time i changed games, i need to do the diagnostic until the test are all ok, or else mostly it'll just show the game card was removed screen.

let's all hope the problem is in software that can be fixed, or we just receive crappy early GW manufacture.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's most likely not the gateway but your 3DS itself. I've encountered similar issues without ever using a gateway or any other flashcard (though I'm in the process of setting up emuNAND as we speak :)) where the 3DS sometimes, even on the home menu, simply does not wake from sleep. The power LED would keep blinking and even the WiFi one would occasionally blink, but no streetpasses would be received and there was no other option than to forcefully turn it off. This has actually been reported by quite some users, but they possibly fixed it in later batches (I've got an ambassador model :))

NNV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vassildador is right. My 3ds had the same issue and I sent it to Nintendo for repairs. After sending the 3ds and telling a few friends, about half of them that own a 3ds told me that they had the exact same problem and that their problem corrected itself after about a month of use. You can google the problem and you'll see that theres a lot of reported cases, but I don't think I've found a solution other than "just use it till it works" kind of deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.