Hacking 3DS Savegame Requests thread

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Flashcart's Savegame Sharing thread

This thread is used to request and share your savegames in gateway/R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe/3DS Link ".sav" format.

The shared savegame files can be found here :
:arrow: http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/game-saves/
or
:arrow: https://www.3ds-savegames.com/

:discuss: I want to share a savegame with other users

It's recommended to upload your savegame file to filetrip.net for easier sharing and searching method.
When adding a new savegame, specify the region of the game in the Title (USA, EUR, JPN, KOR, etc.), Which flashcart and software version you used, and try to detail as much as possible what you savegame contains: different save slots, character's levels, unlocked areas, etc.

Gateway savegame with 100% unlocked tracks, all characters unlocked, etc.

Content of save slot 1:
================
Progress: 100% unlocked
Level: 42
etc.

Content of save slot 2:
================
Progress:
Level:
etc.

ATTENTION - ONLINE SUPPORT -

Since Gateway Omega 2.2, online play is possible but the game require the "unique" cartridge ID.
To enable online, you need to:
- rename the ROM file to .3dz
- Have the Cartridge ID in the header.

When you share a save you played in .3dz, you need to provide your binary header (extracted with ROM Cleaner) or other users won't be able to load it.

There's an alternative to share save without providing the unique ID but retain online capability.
You need to edit the ROM header to set the save method to the old CTR Fail method. Do this ROM edition before starting playing the game or your existing save will be incompatible. Inform the user who want to get your savegame to edit its ROM header the too.
This way, you can share the save without your private Unique ID and don't risk any ban if GameId dupe is checked by Nintendo.

saves made on gateway with games in .3ds format can be shared no problem as we always have but only for people using the game in .3ds format

saves made on gateway using .3DZ format must be shared with the unique cart ID that was used to make the save

saves dumped from a retail card can be used on gateway if shared with the unique cart ID but this one is where it gets most confusing firstly for 6.x crypto saves this only applies if the game was run in emunand only, also the saves have to be from a game that usually uses either nand saving OR a 512kb save chip i.e mario Kart will work if dumped from retail and shared with unique cart ID but ocarina of time will not as its save chip is 128kb and gateway only uses 512kb for all games

:discuss: I don't know how to use filetrip
- Go to filetrip.net and hit the Upload > Publish button.
http://filetrip.net/publish

- Upload the file (please compress your .sav using zip or rar first, only archives can be published on filetrip).

- Once uploaded, hit the "publish" link next to the link to publicly publish the file into one of Filetrip's console category.

- Select the 3DS > savegame category

- Fill the game information as explained in the spoiler above.
Choose a good file's name and description to help users find your save quickly.
don't use game's title abbreviations DAO -> Dead Or Alive. (DAO could be another game too)

- Confirm to publish.
You can share the link here if you want.

:discuss: I want a savegame, where do I look?

If you have a request, first look on filetrip.net > 3DS > Savegame section:

If it's not on filetrip, make a post requesting your savegame file, with the progress you want.

:discuss: Are savegames region free?
Unfortunately, no.

You will have to find the savegame for your own game region. But most flashcart's setup are region free so you can use the EUR or USA ROMs to match the save you found. Only few setup aren't (for example incompatible Software + EmuNAND version).
If you are not sure, ask here.

:discuss: Can I play online with the same ID used by other users?
Yes. Even using an ID from an offline game!
It's currently working. We don't know what measure Nintendo will take in the future.
You could be banned (game ID ban, NNID ban or console Ban), or not ban at all. Nintendo never banned users with flashcard as long as they didn't use cheatcodes online.

To prevent eventual ban, don't share your save and use your own dump (not the scene dump) with your uniqueID.

More informations can be found in this thread.

:discuss: Are savegames compatible with all Flashcarts?
No.
You will have to specify which flashcart and which version of the flashcart you want to use.
If you upload a save, please specify which flashcart and its software version you used to play the game.

For information, compatibility are:
Compatibility1: Gateway 3DS 1.2 + R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe 2.0 + R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe 3.3b
Compatibility2: Gateway 3DS 2.0b1-2.0b2 + R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe 3.0-3.3 + MTCard 1.1
Compatibility3: MTCard 1.0

Saves started with an old version are usually compatible with a newer version. (if you start a game on Flashcart's version 1.0, you can continue playing on 1.1, but not always true backward).

:discuss: Where are stored the savegames?
Savegame storage and filename depend on the Flashcart you are using:
Gateway 3DS, R4i Gold 3DS:
The savegame files are stored on the SD Card (not the MicroSD).
If you already played the game once, your existing savegame file should use the same ID.
For example Bravely Default (EUR) TitleID = 00040000000FC600.sav
To get a list of Game and their corresponding ID, look at http://3ds.essh.co

MT-Card:
The savegames are stored on the MicroSD card, along the ROMs.
The filename should match your ROM's filename.
Bravely_default.3ds
Bravely_default.sav

:discuss: How do I load the savegame on my Gateway 3DS/R4i Deluxe Flashcart?

Attention: In all cases, keep a backup of your own file. It will prevent you losing your progress in case the save is not the one you expected.

• Methods for Gateway Omega 2.x:
Place the file on the root of your SD card.

ATTENTION:
If you have a .bin file provided with the .sav file, the game has been played with a specific "Unique cartridge ID" and the save is using it to encrypt its content, you need to import that Unique ID in your ROM or the save will not work.

- Use ROM Cleaner to import the .bin file into your ROM. (it should already be compatible with the ROM, you don't need to edit the binary manually)
- Rename the ROM from .3ds to .3dz

• Methods for all other Flashcarts version:

Note: As long as you play the same game, it will continue using the data located in the internal save chipset. If your battery dies out, don't worry and just run the SAME game again to use internal save chipset.
Before playing another game, remember to always exit your game with Home>X to correctly backup your savegame to SD card and overwrite the exiting file.
Do backups of your savegame files on your computer regularly to prevent losing all your progress.

Import method 1
  1. Important:
    If your last played game is the one for which you downloaded the savegame: launch a different game to ensure that the SPI (save chipset in your flashcart) is correctly reset, or it will still use your own progress next time you launch the game.
  2. Shutdown your 3DS.
    Users reported that import process didn't work if they didn't fully shutdown the console. It's especially true if you are using EmuNAND, as removing the SD card while in emuNAND will prevent remounting it correctly.
  3. Copy the downloaded savegame file on your SD card.
    You can keep a copy of your own savegame in case of corrupted or incorrect savegame version or not a save progress you looked for.
  4. Boot the console in Flashcart's mode and Run the game.
    It will transfer the downloaded savegame to the Flashcart's save chipset.
Import method 2(easier)
  1. Be sure that the savegame you download(ed) is for the same region of your game.
  2. Copy the downloaded savegame file on your SD card.
    You can keep a copy of your own savegame in case of corrupted or incorrect savegame version or not a save progress you looked for.
  3. Boot the 3DS in flashcart mode and run ANOTHER game (not the one you want to import the save).
  4. Exit the game, using Home > X
  5. Run the game for which you want to import the save.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Original post is below

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
post hijacked by a mod ;)
I replaced this post with the content of your original first post:

Are they interchangeable between flashcards? i would imagine so...
Also, if a future exploit is available, will the savegames from our flashcards work with future rom loading? i even went as far as to download roms specifically for my region, so that in case something is released i can easily use my USA savegame for my USA rom and play with other ppl for example. OR, maybe online play will need your rom/3ds to be region matched.

Also, i think it would be good if this could be a kind of savegame thread. Just upload your savegame and specify for which release its for.

Im personally looking savegames for these games.. (already beat them on cartridge, too lazy to do again)
- New Super Mario bros 2 **(USA)
- Super Mario 3D Land **(USA)
- Starfox 64 3D *(USA)
- Mario Kart 7 **(USA)

If ANYONE has a savefile for any of these, please upload? thank u in advance

I understand savegames have to be RELEASE-SPECIFIC. You cant just have a savegame for a EUR zelda for example and just rename it to the filename of a USA zelda savegame. It just doesnt work.

EDIT: Here are the 2 savegames i have atm. i can upload more when i clear more games. The .sav file goes to the ROOT of the 3DS SD Card. Remember to backup any savegames you originally have on your SD card before hand.

I played these on 3DSLink. Can anyone confirm they work on gateway and/or other flashcarts too?

The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_Between_Worlds_USA_3DS-ABSTRAKT
-- game cleared, hero mode unlocked, 18 hearts.
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/g...a-a-link-between-worlds-juins-usa-f32699.html

Sonic_Generations_USA_3DS-VENOM
-- game cleared, all chaos emeralds.
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/game-saves/download-sonic-generations-usa-f32692.html

3dsg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I was playing through the european version of bravely default (00040000000FC600) and managed to get my save file corrupted after the 3rd crystal...

If anyone has a somewhat advanced save file (or one with a lot of villagers!) that would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

fizyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thank you so much for the early save game! 131 villagers! I love you!
Gotta re-play to Chapter 1 but i think its totally worth it in the long run!! :D

3dsg

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem! Happy it worked :)

Would anyone have by chance a savegame of Zelda ALBW? I also lost it just after getting the 3rd pendant and getting access to the castle...

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i uploaded mine on a thread a made. search for "about 3ds savegames". Im personally looking for savegames for

New super mario bros 2
starfox

if possible, one for mario s 3d land 100% cleared

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Datel 3DS Powersaves device, saves for games are in BIN format. Anyone have saves for Zelda ALBW with that device? I could also post my saves for other games if you guys want too.

Anyone know a place to get saves for Datel's 3DS Powersaves device besides their site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol