Status
Not open for further replies.

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got a 3DS today and i updated my Acekard 2i to be compatible for the 3DS. has any 3DS roms been released yet? like street fighter IV???

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
No. There's no roms.

And your acekard couldn't run a 3DS rom since its compatibility is only for DS roms.

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
No. There's no roms.

And your acekard couldn't run a 3DS rom since its compatibility is only for DS roms.

so will i have to buy new acekard or hacking card IF they find how to get 3DS roms???

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
No roms have went through "The Scene" but there's probably people who have dumped them privately, though there's still no way of playing them.

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pi said:
No roms have went through "The Scene" but there's probably people who have dumped them privately, though there's still no way of playing them.

okay okay. well luckly i can play any ds game on my 3DS. maybe they will find a way. technology these days, you never know what they will discover and come out with next

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
in underground IRC chats, people have dumped the games and do have a working loader. They will never release what they have bc what they have can be considered illegal. They want to reverse engineer the games to be able to create a legal save game exploit.

It has been done, it's just a matter of time that someone who is willing to support backup loaders to figure it out since everyone else who has figured it out only cares for legal homebrew. It was not long after the Jap release, and I'm not talking about modcarts.

Just to put it in perspective for you people that do not already understand the scene, There are the TRUE hackers like TT, and there are the 'glory steal everything from everyone else so I can be seen as a god of piracy' hackers like Wanky that leaves a trail of damage behind his holy trail.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Vigilante said:
No,there even isn't 3DS flashcart yet.
You don't need a flashcart to get roms.
You still need it to test them though.
The wii doesn't need a flashcart or a modchip. From what I have heard so far is that the firmware has already been modified to allow unsigned code. Apparently, Nintendo's servers still host the same encryption standard as the wii's IOS's and such. I have not seen anymore info than that and that the 3DS has been able to run homebrew. But that's all underground and will stay underground for a long time if not forever.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This will probably be one of the first places to know. If there were, you would see tons of topics all over the damn place. It wouldn't stay silent.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
in underground IRC chats, people have dumped the games and do have a working loader. They will never release what they have bc what they have can be considered illegal. They want to reverse engineer the games to be able to create a legal save game exploit.

It has been done, it's just a matter of time that someone who is willing to support backup loaders to figure it out since everyone else who has figured it out only cares for legal homebrew. It was not long after the Jap release, and I'm not talking about modcarts.

Just to put it in perspective for you people that do not already understand the scene, There are the TRUE hackers like TT, and there are the 'glory steal everything from everyone else so I can be seen as a god of piracy' hackers like Wanky that leaves a trail of damage behind his holy trail.

Really DeadlyFoez, have you talked with these said hackers? Just curious.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
From what I have read from Foez, he stays on the beat of the underground, so I wouldn't doubt that he has friends in high (or low, depending on how you see it) places.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
On topic, I don't see why 3DS ROMs should be the reason you buy the system. I'm considering dropping piracy on this coming generation, it's just getting ridiculous.

I refuse to be associated with the group that says "OH LOOK A NEW SYSTEM! OH WAIT, NO ROMZZ!? FUCK THAT!!"

The more respectable members that do buy games, but occasionally pirate are the good ones. Them, and everyone who bought the 3DS, for the 3DS. Not ROMs.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
From what I have read from Foez, he stays on the beat of the underground, so I wouldn't doubt that he has friends in high (or low, depending on how you see it) places.

"high or low places" I lol'd a bit there, yeah Deadlyfoez is a reliable guy, I'm just curious if he has personally talked to any of these hackers.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would it matter if what they have is illegal, your telling me that there smart enough to hack the 3ds and come up with a way of dumping roms and a loader ,but there not smart enough to release something anonymously?
if they were true hackers as you say then they would release it anon ,it could only help to advance the scene and accelerate the development of homebrew,if they were real hackers and not just seeking glory as you say then they should have no problem releasing their work anon
but i hope that if someone does have a working 3ds hack,that they are smart enough to wait untill nintendo releases the firmware updates that will allow us to be able to go to the online store and record 3d videos and have a web browser,first, otherwise nintendo will try and patch the exploit and then we will have to choose between old fw without those features and being able to use homebrew or newer fw with those features and not being able to use homebrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)