Hacking 3ds rom trimmer

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Seems like quite a nuisance if you need to first load the untrimmed rom once.

I can send you what I have to take a look at it and compare it to an original rom if you want. The one I have is independent of everything, you don't have to boot it once first before trimming it or anything.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm adding 3DS support to my trimmer, new version 3.0 will be out very soon (sometime this week).

You're the one who wrote that tool? Wow. I can't even tell you how much the NDSTokyoTrim tool has helped me throughout the years. Thanks for writing such an awesome program!

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure this is a silly question, so sorry in advance... But what is a "Card 2" game and how does it differ from a Card 1 game?

I was planning on installing all my games, including VC titles to internal card via .cia (using Gateway).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm sure this is a silly question, so sorry in advance... But what is a "Card 2" game and how does it differ from a Card 1 game?

I was planning on installing all my games, including VC titles to internal card via .cia (using Gateway).
It's simply a difference in how the games save. On a real cart, card1 games save to a dedicated save chip, whereas card2 is missing that chip and saves to the ROM chip. This works mostly the same way on GW, the difference being that GW backs up the save chip to the 3DS SD card, but card2 games still save to the ROM.
CIA games are neither of those, as they save to the SD card. They also don't need to be trimmed.

Reactions: Ssseth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)