XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't get this to compile on my knackered old 32bit 10.6.8 Mac,
Code:
Undefined symbols:
  "_truncate64", referenced from:
      _TruncateFile_u64 in utils.o

However the python script that someone posted earlier in the thread works great, so thanks for that!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no i dont think so.

The OP was updated a month ago, that release is from november.
3dsguy said:
Eli Sherer already implemented the basic features of rom_tool into 3DSExplorer. But I decided to implement all of rom_tool v3.1, and decided to improve 3DSExplorer while I was doing it. I based it on Eli Sherer's most recent release which has unfortunately has broken Ticket/TMD code, which I noticed after finishing the modifications.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

morph95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

knipri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Salvador
I'm trying to compile rom_tool for for OSX 10.6.8. When I run the Makefile I get the following errors:

./makefile: line 1: OBJS: command not found
./makefile: line 2: LIBS: command not found
./makefile: line 3: CXXFLAGS: command not found
./makefile: line 4: CFLAGS: command not found
./makefile: line 5: OUTPUT: command not found
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: =: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: gcc: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: no input files
./makefile: line 8: OBJS: command not found
./makefile: line 8: main:: command not found
./makefile: line 9: OUTPUT: command not found
./makefile: line 9: LIBS: command not found
./makefile: line 9: OBJS: command not found
g++-4.2: argument to '-o' is missing
./makefile: line 11: clean:: command not found
./makefile: line 12: OUTPUT: command not found
./makefile: line 12: OBJS: command not found
./makefile: line 14: cleanwin:: command not found
./makefile: line 15: OUTPUT: command not found
./makefile: line 15: del: command not found
./makefile: line 16: OBJS: command not found
./makefile: line 16: del: command not found
Am I missing something? Can anyone help me?
I also tried to compile it directly using g++ like this: "g++ -o rom_tool -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -lm utils.o main.o ncsd.o" but I get this:
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: utils.o: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: main.o: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: ncsd.o: No such file or directory
If I change the xxx.o to xxx.h (because that's what they are named in the directory) I get a third wall of errors that I will spare you from.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh. ".o" are compiled object files, ".h" are source code header files. You're not supposed to run the Makefile. You're supposed to run "make" in the directory where the Makefile is. I guess you're new to building software.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're still on 10.6.8 because your Mac is 32 bit, you probably wouldn't have much luck getting it to compile anyway, I couldn't, as I posted above. I tried to bodge it, and ended up with a compiled version that will show header info etc but will give an error if you try to trim a rom. Needs someone cleverer than me to fix it. However this python script that someone posted earlier in this thread works great for trimming roms.

knipri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Salvador
Thank you hippy dave! This works great. At first I got errors regarding the PRINT lines so I cut them out of the script, after which it ran fine and trims like a champ. Weird though.

I think I was running into the same problem you were with the "Undefined symbols: "_truncate64", referenced from: _TruncateFile_u64 in utils.o" business. My mac is 64 bit though. I am still running 10.6.8 for software compatibility.

Thanks again.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I want to dig further into this awesome project.

I will remake this from scratch in Java and bring compatibility to every OS. I will also add more features so it becomes an AIO Tool. Will make it OpenSource aswell.

nice, looking forward to it (although the snarky part in me insists that I point out that the only system JAVA works better than C are those exotic native bytecode executing CPUs :))

Reactions: Jamesst20

Jamesst20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, looking forward to it (although the snarky part in me insists that I point out that the only system JAVA works better than C are those exotic native bytecode executing CPUs :))

I have done tons of things in Java which works as well as C++. A Java application can run as fast as C++ application on many tasks, the JVM isn't as slow as it was in the past ;)

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On OSX 10.9.4 I get this result when getting info for a rom with the update data removed:

[+] CCI Image Details
Media Type: CARD1
Media Size: 512 MB (4 Gbit)
CCI Data Size: 370 MB (0x17252200 bytes)

Abort trap: 6

I also find that extracting roms will always put the ouput files into the same directory as the rom_tool binary instead of the output directory I supply.

I'm attempting to put together a python based gui, but I can't get the damn thing to work correctly in Terminal first...

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a list on Card2 games that cannot be trimmed ATM?

Also the update data on a game is the firmware update file required to play the game is that correct, so removing is essentially safe if you've got an updated firmware on the 3DS that is required to run the game?

The update data has nothing to do with online updates for the game or DLC does it?

I want to trim my 3DS ISO's and DSi Roms however I don't want to be breaking anything, I just want the 3DS/DSi games placed on a Micro SD to be more space efficient; if the game does not play like how it is suppose play on a untrimmed ISO or Rom then I'd rather spend a bit more on a bigger Micro SD card.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I'm looking at a card2 list but didn't succeed finding one :(
Except "tomodachi, pokemon X/Y, animal crossing new leaf" but I don't know for newer games (pokemon ORAS ?)...

Yes "partition" data is a firmware to upgrade your system if not already done so if you already have the required minimal firmware, it is not required.
And, in fact, who need this with a 3DS linker ? Nobody wants to update with ROM...

No, nothing to do with DLC or eShop update.
DLC or eShop update are updates for a game. Partition update is for firmware update.

Always keep an untrimmed copy of your ROM so you can trim them, test them on your linker and if not working, just use untrimmed version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night