Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here an interesting question. How long do you think it will be before someone releases an N64 emulator for the 3ds? It rather obvious the 3ds can play N64 games (Zelda OOt and Starfox 64 anyone?) and seeing as a regular ds can play a slightly modified N64 game (super mario 64) then it is likely this is going to happen right? I mean it bound to happen at some point right?

Also can a current flashcart even support an .n64 game as they are? I'm going to upgrade anyway, but will they have to release a new flashcart just to play n64 games? I know this won't happen anytime soon, seeing as the 3ds seems to be kinda hax proof at the moment, but will it ever happen?

The 3DS has two 268MHz ARM11 cores, it wont be able to emulate N64 Games, even if, than almost unplayable.
There is a difference between an Emulation and a "rerelease" of an old N64 Games for the 3DS(Ocarina, Star Fox), where all code is written specially for the 3DS.
But the psp can play super mario 64 without sound pretty well.... (I think they might have even got it to work with sound on the slim.)

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handheld VC should go on handhelds and home console VC should go on home consoles? That's a pretty dumb idea imo.

Since the GB, handhelds have been trying to emulate home consoles, now they can but we shouldn't do it because of some dumb ideology?

The PSP got it right. The PSN has a huge selection of PS1 games, and if its modded then it can play every PS1 game.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes well i was suggesting that they can do BOTH, why does ot always have to be one or the other? the games are already made, look how many new titles from made from scratch come out for ps3 and 360
they should be doing both is really my point and there is really no excuse to not port old gamed into 3d for vc, FFS nintendo was so lazy with the 3ds that when i first got it ,they had demo videos for 3ds games and the videos were not even in 3d WTF, who is running this company? they do thigs that are so lazy and dont make any sense , that is really beyond the pale, they couldnt even put the trailers for 3ds cart games on the eshop on there in 3d, i dont what they are thinking,but people need to fired
Personally, I think they should keep GB, GBC, and GBA games on the 3DS eShop and console games on the Wii and Wii U eShop. But that's just me.

I'm not saying there SHOULDN'T be ports, but the 3DS has a lackluster library as it is. I'd rather they worry about more new games than about porting N64 titles. Besides, the 3DS doesn't even have enough buttons to properly play N64 games, unless you use the touch screen, which would be messy.
Remember when Reggie said that Nintendo gamers are insatiable? Totalnoob617 seems to be a fitting example of that. XD
maybe reggie should go back to working for KFC, i hear the one in libya is hiring

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes well i was suggesting that they can do BOTH, why does ot always have to be one or the other? the games are already made, look how many new titles from made from scratch come out for ps3 and 360
they should be doing both is really my point and there is really no excuse to not port old gamed into 3d for vc, FFS nintendo was so lazy with the 3ds that when i first got it ,they had demo videos for 3ds games and the videos were not even in 3d WTF, who is running this company? they do thigs that are so lazy and dont make any sense , that is really beyond the pale, they couldnt even put the trailers for 3ds cart games on the eshop on there in 3d, i dont what they are thinking,but people need to fired
Personally, I think they should keep GB, GBC, and GBA games on the 3DS eShop and console games on the Wii and Wii U eShop. But that's just me.

I'm not saying there SHOULDN'T be ports, but the 3DS has a lackluster library as it is. I'd rather they worry about more new games than about porting N64 titles. Besides, the 3DS doesn't even have enough buttons to properly play N64 games, unless you use the touch screen, which would be messy.
Remember when Reggie said that Nintendo gamers are insatiable? Totalnoob617 seems to be a fitting example of that. XD
maybe reggie should go back to working for KFC, i hear the one in libya is hiring
That made absolutely no sense at all.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

27140363.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
One gamer doesn't get his way, and subtly insults the one he thinks he's responsible. How hilarious.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Largest N64 game is 64MB, and the N64 has either 4MB of it's own RAM (8MB with the expansion). 3DS has 128MB of RAM, 96MB of that being dedicated to games. So, yes, it can fit inside the system's RAM, and still have a good amount for other things such as the emulator itself. PSX games are different because of the method used to read the data (CDs vs cartridge). If a PSX emulator was made for the 3DS (whenever it gets hacked), memory will not be an issue.
Actually, the max rom size for an N64 game was 128MB, but Resident Evil 2 was the only game that achieved that size.

Actually.. Not only Resident Evil 2 but Sin & Punishment, Mission: Impossible, and Conker's Bad Fur Day featured more ROM space as well. :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda ocarina of time 3D & Starfox 64 3D were on th N64, the 3DS version's has better graphics, so yes the 3DS can run N64 games.
not to mention if you compair screens to mario kart 64, mario kart DS, & Mario kart 7 3DS.
i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo released N64 Virtual console & 3D classics on 3DS(& wii u) when the Wii u is released. :ninja:
zelda-3ds-n64-ocarina-of-time-screenshot-comparison--article_image.jpg

one game i wouldn't mind seeing ported from 64 to 3DS with 3D, multiplayer, & online is goldeneye 64. :D

Never going to happen because M$ owns that game and have for a while now ever since M$ bought Rare

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda ocarina of time 3D & Starfox 64 3D were on th N64, the 3DS version's has better graphics, so yes the 3DS can run N64 games.
not to mention if you compair screens to mario kart 64, mario kart DS, & Mario kart 7 3DS.
i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo released N64 Virtual console & 3D classics on 3DS(& wii u) when the Wii u is released. :ninja:

one game i wouldn't mind seeing ported from 64 to 3DS with 3D, multiplayer, & online is goldeneye 64. :D

Never going to happen because M$ owns that game and have for a while now ever since M$ bought Rare

I thought Activision owned the rights to 007.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought Activision owned the rights to 007.

yes to 007 but not goldeneye 64

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

27140363.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
One gamer doesn't get his way, and subtly insults the one he thinks he's responsible. How hilarious.
its not racist i just meat reggie fils amie used to work for KFC, but i was wrong it was pizza hut, but whatever there both yum brands ,this guy came from fast food marketing board room, and proctor and gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality