Gaming 3DS or psp2 for the win

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
silverbullet1080 said:
The 3DSs processors are overwhelmingly more powerful than the PSPs. They're both stock 700MHz each, though both underclocked down to 266MHz each.

We know exactly NOTHING about 3DS' processors. Not a single piece of confirmed information. Now, can we stop these ridiculous figure comparisons ?

QUOTE(Giga_Gaia @ Feb 8 2011, 06:50 AM) The 3DS will destroy the NGP. I can't believe Sony are dumb enough to still think that rivalizing with Nintendo is possible.

Well, PSP has ALREADY been successfully rivalizing with DS. It did not sell better, but it still sold well.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
pachura said:
silverbullet1080 said:
The 3DSs processors are overwhelmingly more powerful than the PSPs. They're both stock 700MHz each, though both underclocked down to 266MHz each.

We know exactly NOTHING about 3DS' processors. Not a single piece of confirmed information. Now, can we stop these ridiculous figure comparisons ?

QUOTE(Giga_Gaia @ Feb 8 2011, 06:50 AM) The 3DS will destroy the NGP. I can't believe Sony are dumb enough to still think that rivalizing with Nintendo is possible.

Well, PSP has ALREADY been successfully rivalizing with DS. It did not sell better, but it still sold well.
I agree totally with the successful rivalry.

LOOK AT SINGAPORE.
If you notice a lot of people own PSPs instead of DSes!

But Sony may be smart... maybe they might include the NGP in a television bundle? (just like the PS3 here, but they were always ridiculously expensive at about S$4,800 with a cheap blu-ray player)

As for processors, I heard that the ones on the NGP are extremely powerful (what A9 stuff)... Is it true? Sorry but I don't know much about these A9 stuff.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys, Nintendo isnt your buddy...nor they are humble or anything.... they are like every other company out there with a huge reputation backing them up....

What they want is your moneh and they will have your moneh.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
pachura said:
It's got a dualcore arm11 at 266MHz.
how-powerful-is-the-ngp-20110204043453671.jpg

... according to IGN.
Nintendo don't release tech specs officially anyway, so if you're so inclined I doubt you'll say "Oh, okay so we know stuff about the 3DS' processors".

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp2 easy. Sony really put a lot of quality work into this and to finally have a touch screen on it is goingto be amazing. The graphics are so crisp it makes the 3ds look like the game boy color. Just seems to me like sony puts a lot more work into their products than nintendo.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
starfighter1 said:
psp2 easy. Sony really put a lot of quality work into this and to finally have a touch screen on it is goingto be amazing. The graphics are so crisp it makes the 3ds look like the game boy color. Just seems to me like sony puts a lot more work into their products than nintendo.
actually vice versa
sony works hard to sue everyone
nintendo does not care to sue and jusy pumps out updates
nintendo puts thought into researching their audience and designing their systems with gameplay
sony just stuffs in a beefy piece of hardware and calls it good
nintendo designs and makes sure games are designed that are good
sony does not make many if any first party games
so who works hard and who pumps out a cement block called hardware without software

all meanwhile sony sues the butts off of anyone who goes against their will...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bigpaws said:
starfighter1 said:
actually vice versa
nintendo puts thought into researching their audience and designing their systems with gameplay
sony just stuffs in a beefy piece of hardware and calls it good
nintendo designs and makes sure games are designed that are good
sony does not make many if any first party games
so who works hard and who pumps out a cement block called hardware without software

all meanwhile sony sues the butts off of anyone who goes against their will...
Most of your arguments about Sony are bullshit:

- Sony works hard to sue people who released their privated keys. The law about that is really on a gray area, so I think they have the right to do this.
- Sony puts stuffs because they have other objective, other type of users to atract, it's another form of marketing (the only problem with the PSP is the support of the thirdies, even then, it's still decent and have a lot of good games on it). If they didn't put in better hardware this time, they would lose their past clients (for PSP).
- Sony (specially on PS3) makes A LOT of first party games. They could not be the names you expected, but they have a lot of IP's (interesting), more than (gasp) even NINTENDO have. (I'll not discuss on the quality of them)

The only problem with the PSP was on the start, where they lost the appeal of the thirdies to DS. Even then, they could put a lot of hits, like Dissidia, Monster Hunter series, Metal Gear Solid: PW, 3rd Birthday, just to name a few.

This problem is getting solved with Sony offering a lot of options to the developers, and, from the list of the ones who'll support them, we can expect the NGP to have a lot of good/quality games this time. This is good only for everyone (consumers) because you have many options to choose.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ITT: FANBOYS FORMING ILLOGICAL ARGUMENTS

Will ya shut up already? Both'll be fine. I expect different, and equally valid kinds of games on both systems. And games are all that matters.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
starfighter1 said:
Finally, a touch screen!
After one console generation they've finally added something only put in the most recent generation handheld console!

bigpaws said:
QUOTE(starfighter1 @ Feb 8 2011, 08:46 PM) psp2 easy. Sony really put a lot of quality work into this and to finally have a touch screen on it is goingto be amazing. The graphics are so crisp it makes the 3ds look like the game boy color. Just seems to me like sony puts a lot more work into their products than nintendo.
actually vice versa
Nintendo have sued folk. They just don't usually get as inept judges as Sony seems to.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
pachura said:
It's got a dualcore arm11 at 266MHz.
how-powerful-is-the-ngp-20110204043453671.jpg

... according to IGN.
Nintendo don't release tech specs officially anyway, so if you're so inclined I doubt you'll say "Oh, okay so we know stuff about the 3DS' processors".

IGN bases those 3DS specs on a reliable source which they are not willing to reveal, which tells me it's only there to keep people checking their site. If the unit smuggled out of the factory is indeed a retail unit without the firmware (not a dev unit) that had 96MB of RAM, then one of their specs is already wrong.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I hope no one gets angry with what I type.

Do we really need the NGP to be that powerful? From everywhere I hear that NGP is going to own the 3DS in every aspect. I mean please must it be that powerful? This is a portable hand held device and not the consoles at home!! By adding so much stuff into one portable also adds to the cost of that machine.

Anyway, even if the NGP lost to the 3DS (I have a odd feeling that it will win, but that's just me) Sony will not lose much! They have TVs, bluray players, cellphones and their PS3 console to back them up!
tongue.gif

But based on the prices (how much Sony sells their products), I don't think the NGP will be cheap. Apart from phones (xperia models here are very expensive), other Sony products sold here are very expensive.
frown.gif

I think I will still stick with the 3DS because of it's lower cost and pretty decent line up.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I think I will still stick with the 3DS because of it's lower cost and pretty decent line up.

We don't know the costs yet, to be fair. But then I'd pay more for the 3DS than the NGP personally.

D

Deleted-188346

This whole thread should be closed.
Did anyone really think that a "Sony VS Nintendo" thread wouldn't result in endless flaming?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
chris888222 said:
I hope no one gets angry with what I type.

Do we really need the NGP to be that powerful? From everywhere I hear that NGP is going to own the 3DS in every aspect. I mean please must it be that powerful? This is a portable hand held device and not the consoles at home!! By adding so much stuff into one portable also adds to the cost of that machine.

Anyway, even if the NGP lost to the 3DS (I have a odd feeling that it will win, but that's just me) Sony will not lose much! They have TVs, bluray players, cellphones and their PS3 console to back them up!
tongue.gif

But based on the prices (how much Sony sells their products), I don't think the NGP will be cheap. Apart from phones (xperia models here are very expensive), other Sony products sold here are very expensive.
frown.gif

For me and the japaneses... yeah, it have. The PSP was strong, so the sucessor had to be even stronger.

It'll not win, you can be sure of it. Nintendo fans are loyal as fuck, even if all the games from 3DS were crappy and all the games from NGP were 3 times better, 3DS would still sell more due to fanatism.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
What I'd actually welcome is 3DS LL (with screens' heights matching DSi LL) and PSP-sized, pocketable NGP Lite (4").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs