• Views 4,419,330
  • Replies 53,760
  • Likes 43

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that is how you install rxtools and the update described there works i and many many others will tell you from experience
but you can do it by cart if you find smash bros revision 2 if you really want
but you will then need to follow that guide to install rxtools anyway so just read up but . . . if you are truly that afraid of a brick then perhaps you should consider buying a sky3ds
Nah man. Ive' done it all. So I'm sure it won't be too difficult. I already read up on RXTOOLS. I read the majority of the RXTOOLS user guide. I was just kinda confused how to upgrade to 9.2
Seems this and SSMB are the only ways lol

secretclean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys...

I have a Legend of Zelda OOT 3DS but I've been upgrading it all along, I'm on 10.3. I've got the OOT game but no Cubic Ninja. Is there any way for me to hack my 3DS? I have a 32GB SD card with my games on it. Should I buy a Powersave? Can I reformat my 3DS to get the factory system menu or something? :c

Thanks for any help.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBM.CIA freezes or errors out trying to install CIAs to emunand with more than 100gb free. Does anyone know if FBI would allow the install?

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BBM.CIA freezes or errors out trying to install CIAs to emunand with more than 100gb free. Does anyone know if FBI would allow the install?

When i had my 128gb card (i later sold it to a friend), what i did was created a folder on the root and put 30gb of video files in there, did all my installing and then deleted the files

In your case with a 200gb card, just put say 90 gb of video files or any files you like in a folder until you are under the 100gb threshold, install what you want and remove the (padding) files as you go along

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i had my 128gb card (i later sold it to a friend), what i did was created a folder on the root and put 30gb of video files in there, did all my installing and then deleted the files

In your case with a 200gb card, just put say 90 gb of video files or any files you like in a folder until you are under the 100gb threshold, install what you want and remove the (padding) files as you go along
I got this class10 SD free with an LG promo for the V10 so I though, why not... Lol!

Reactions: peteruk

Anerva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
N3DSes are unfortunately still stuck at a maximum of 9.5.0-23 emuNAND.
Been looking around the forum for a concrete answer for this one. I also have a N3DS that is on 9.0X Emunand. What are the available methods of updating?
Going through the regular O3DS way, Im pretty sure it will update to 10.XX and will make the n3ds invalid with gateway. I read a method about acquiring an untrimmed version of a game that has 9.5.0-23 for my 3ds region, then updating the FW when Im on Emunand.

parsimony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I haven't been using my 3ds in quite awhile, I have a 4.4 original 3ds with a gateway card. Is there a reason to use custom firmware? What are the benefits? I mainly want to play monster hunter cross with the english patch, I have the .cia for it and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to play it. Can I just install from gateway's emunand with FBI or w/e ?

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a N3DS with 9.0 and I am a little overwhelmed trying to pick through all the information. I have a gateway that I used on my old 3ds before the top screen cracked and stopped working. So I was planning to use the same Gateway.

I read this post http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

And it seems like I don't need cubic ninja or OoT3D, but it definitely seems to be an old 3ds guide probably even though it says n3ds.

Can I do the browser exploit without the games? I also read you can get a wrong version of OoT3D. What is the best way to avoid this or is it even still a problem?

Also I have been reading about AP blocks, rxtools, and pasta. How much work would I have to put into play triforce heros as compared to MH4 without ap and stuff?

Edit: Also I read that you basically have to use the same SD card you start with. Should I get like a 32 or 64 GB card or is a 32 gig micro sd enough for gaming. I read you will need to use cia for some ap blocked games or something.

Last edited by CIH137,

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a .cia version of Project Mirai DX asking for me to download a non-existent update (it asks me to download it from the e-Shop, but the e-Shop just downloads the full digital copy of the game then gives an error at the end. A bit of googling reveals that there isn't actually any update for the game). Is this the fault of the .cia, or is it a problem with the game itself? Is there a way I can stop it from nagging me every time I start the game?

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a .cia version of Project Mirai DX asking for me to download a non-existent update (it asks me to download it from the e-Shop, but the e-Shop just downloads the full digital copy of the game then gives an error at the end. A bit of googling reveals that there isn't actually any update for the game). Is this the fault of the .cia, or is it a problem with the game itself? Is there a way I can stop it from nagging me every time I start the game?

I would like to know this also, i have a different game, but exactly the same problem, it's very annoying

Shiro1911

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a n3ds with 9.9.0-26u i dont want to lose my saves and want to play Japanese games online with some friends but i also play usa games online is there a way to do both with a flashcart or cfw? Edit: its mostly eng mh4u and i want mhx and other Japanese games roms would be ideal

Last edited by Shiro1911,

laneman121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Phoenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I managed to buy a 2DS (blue one with Mario Kart 7) during the Black Friday deal.
I would assume that it will come with >=9.2 firmware. The question is, since I'm new to CFW (I have only experience in Homebrew stuff), what kind of CFW should I set-up if I mainly want to play a retail copy of MHX with the English translation? I would prefer to play it through cartridge, but if that's not possible, it's okay, tough. I can still install the .cia backup file, right? Also, can someone suggest me some kind of useful .cia or good mod? Atm, I only have in mind to install the Homebrew .cia, anything else? Thanks in advance, and sorry for being a complete noob!

thoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just yesterday themehax was booting into rxTools fine on cold boot, but now for some reason whenever it tries to boot rxTools it doesn't even display the little startup screen up top, it just freezes after the bottom screen flashes red.

If I hold left trigger while themehax is loading, it'll still take me to the RXTools menu though.

Anyone know why it's stopped working?

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any problem (or any con) in updating my emunand to the last version now?
I have a Gateway flashcard, so I'm guessing that what I'd need to do is update the Gateway card first (by simply overwriting with the updated file) and the update the 3DS (via Settings menu). Am I right?

Btw, I also use RxTools with Coldboot with my 3DS; not sure if they would be affected too (version details on my signature).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cut your life into pieces. +1