• Start date
  • Views 4,392,337
  • Replies 53,717
  • Likes 43

ital

Trophies
XP
Can anyone answer this please?

Looking at buying a New 3DS and want to use a Sky3DS Blue Button edition with it.

Do I have to look for any specific firmware, exploit titles or anything else or can I just pick any console off the shelf, throw in the card and get playing with ease?

-rs

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone answer this please?

Looking at buying a New 3DS and want to use a Sky3DS Blue Button edition with it.

Do I have to look for any specific firmware, exploit titles or anything else or can I just pick any console off the shelf, throw in the card and get playing with ease?

-rs
If you only want to use a Sky3DS you do not need a specific firmware and you do not need to use any exploits.

Reactions: ital

werwaok

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi.
Sorry for probably dumb question but what's the easiest way to play pirated games?
Do I need to buy specific version of console, with specific firmware version etc.?
What card (R4, Gateway etc.) do I need for it?
Any quick tips, or just suggestions what should I google for.
I don't know if it does matter, but I mostly care about japanese games like Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami.

Cheers.

//edit
BTW I'm not yet decided between 3DS and 2DS. Is there a difference "exploit-wise"?

Last edited by werwaok,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've dumped some of my cartridges in the hopes of converting them to .CIA files. I've run into problems when it comes to generating xorpads files, though. I can generate ncchinfo.bin files easily enough (3DS to CIA Converter 4.1 seems to be my favorite tool so far in this), but Decrypt9 doesn't seem to want to read them and rxTools hangs when it loads and tries to install files to the SD card (I'm using the .3DSX for rxTools and loading through Ninjhax 1.1b if that makes any difference). I have a real slot0x25KeyX.bin file, confirmed by MD5 hash with the generator tool that comes in the 3DS to CIA Converter 4.1 pack, so I at least know it's valid. I have a New 3DS with reiNAND CFW and need help finding the proper tools to help me dump those xorpads files on my system.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I've dumped some of my cartridges in the hopes of converting them to .CIA files. I've run into problems when it comes to generating xorpads files, though. I can generate ncchinfo.bin files easily enough (3DS to CIA Converter 4.1 seems to be my favorite tool so far in this), but Decrypt9 doesn't seem to want to read them and rxTools hangs when it loads and tries to install files to the SD card (I'm using the .3DSX for rxTools and loading through Ninjhax 1.1b if that makes any difference). I have a real slot0x25KeyX.bin file, confirmed by MD5 hash with the generator tool that comes in the 3DS to CIA Converter 4.1 pack, so I at least know it's valid. I have a New 3DS with reiNAND CFW and need help finding the proper tools to help me dump those xorpads files on my system.
The easiest way I found to create convert roms to cias is by using Decrypt 9: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/ and Riku's Simple CIA Converter: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/. Use the ncchinfo_gen.py script included with Decrypt9 to generate the ncchinfo.bin file. Put it on your SD card and use Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads. Then take the rom and the xorpads and put them in the relative folders for the Simple CIA Converter and run it. It should finish and you'll have your cia file in the cia folder.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way I found to create convert roms to cias is by using Decrypt 9: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/ and Riku's Simple CIA Converter: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/. Use the ncchinfo_gen.py script included with Decrypt9 to generate the ncchinfo.bin file. Put it on your SD card and use Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads. Then take the rom and the xorpads and put them in the relative folders for the Simple CIA Converter and run it. It should finish and you'll have your cia file in the cia folder.
Stupid question...But use the script file how? I am unable to "place" the .3DS file onto the script and execute it.

GuestAccount

Newcomer
Trophies
puu.sh
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I know the answer to this is probably somewhere, but I cannot find it & I have been out of the loop for several months.
I'm using a gatyeway card with an emunand setup.
An update has downloaded to my emunand & continues to nag me to proceed to install it.
My emunand contains about 60 CIA installed games, so I don't want to create a new emunand just to remove the update.
Is there any way that I can remove this downloaded update.
I have a feeling there may be a long tedious & technical way, but I'm hoping that a new, easy way as surfaced since I last visited.

Thank you for your time.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the answer to this is probably somewhere, but I cannot find it & I have been out of the loop for several months.
I'm using a gatyeway card with an emunand setup.
An update has downloaded to my emunand & continues to nag me to proceed to install it.
My emunand contains about 60 CIA installed games, so I don't want to create a new emunand just to remove the update.
Is there any way that I can remove this downloaded update.
I have a feeling there may be a long tedious & technical way, but I'm hoping that a new, easy way as surfaced since I last visited.

Thank you for your time.
If you're using an O3DS grab the latest Gateway launcher, it supports the latest emuNAND version. If you're using an N3DS, the only thing you can do is restore an emuNAND backup from before the update was downloaded.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this method of generating the files has failed, just like the other combinations I've tried. I generated ncchinfo.bin with the ncchinfo_gen.py script from the newest version of Decrypt9, copied it and my slot0x25KeyX.bin file to the root of the mSD. Then I copied the Decrypt9 folder containing the Decrypt9.3dsx and Decrypt9.smdh files to [root]\3ds\Decrypt9 and the Launcher.dat and Decrypt9.bin files to the root of the mSD. I ran Decrypt9 via Ninjhax 1.1b and it failed to generate the files. The two primary errors would seem to be "Could not open seeddb.bin!" and "Too many/few entries in ncchinfo.bin".

Golui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm working on a little something with NTR CFW and I'm a little bit stumped.

First of all, I cannot seem to properly update memory page permissions. Even after using usinbg controlMemory I get bot a read and write error, unless I use the DMA. Can somebody hint at a better solution?

Second of all, I need to dump kernel memory on my emunand. (I'm actually looking for the SecureInfo_A in memory) How would I got about this? I did find a repository by arcshift, however, I cannot get this to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended