• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the previous suggestion. I made the post and was basically told that savedatafiler can help me out. Now the question is how to install savedatafiler on my 3DS. Been looking through GBAtemp and other sites and it looks like everyone is using a gateway card in other to access/install savedatafiler.

Problem is I really don't want to buy a gateway card. Is it possible to use savedatafiler through the browser exploit, or would I need to use Ninjahax/Pasta where I'd have to buy Cubic Ninja and downgrade my 3DS? My 3DS is 9.2 so I would be able to downgrade to 4.5, but I'd like to be able to do this without it costing any money if possible.

I really don't follow all the non-gateway way of doing things. There is a CFW called FBI that I think lets you install SDF. Try looking that up.

Black_Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Bangs head against desk*

FBI isn't a CFW. It's a .CIA installer, nothing more, nothing less.

I assume I can't just install FBI without downgrading then?

As I said I really don't follow all aspects of the scene. I know my area fairly well, just trying to help some guy because nobody else will.

And I do appreciate your assistance.

DzyDzyDino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My two acekards went kaput about 18 months ago as well. My boys thank you for the good times [user]smiths[/user].

Get the r4 "gold rts" make sure it says r4ids.cn on the label. I recently bought 2 from modchipdirect.com for around $16 each. They work right out of the Baggie. :) and is Wood is very similar to AKAIO. That is the hassle free approach. You can change the save file extension in settings to match your existing saves.

You could try formatting your mSD with the SD Formatter v4 from sdcard.org and copy everything back in one operation so it is all sequential. That has always worked for me when DS mode flashcarts start acting up.

Yeah I've seen pictures of Wood and that's totally what I'm looking for.

Does that work out of the box with the latest system update of the new 3dsXL?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 3DS Gold is a DS mode flashcart and is very similar to the blue card so the blue card is moot. It WILL NOT run 3DS roms only DS roms. The r4 Deluxe edition is a gateway clone and only works on fw 4.5 and is an abandoned platform.

If your friend is on 9.6 his only option for 3DS roms is Sky3DS.

so i can play NDS roms on my gateway blue card?

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i can play NDS roms on my gateway blue card?
Yes. You may need to run flashcarttimewarp.cia if you do not use the profile exploit.

Yeah I've seen pictures of Wood and that's totally what I'm looking for.

Does that work out of the box with the latest system update of the new 3dsXL?
Yes as long as you are running the latest wood.

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume I can't just install FBI without downgrading then?

And I do appreciate your assistance.

I thought there was something that let you run cia in without CN. Maybe it is the PBT, I am not sure. You really need to get CN, it should hold its value fairly well.

I bought three.

Yawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi all, i just bought a brandnew 3ds and am trying to find out what kind of flashcard i need to buy to play 3DS games on it. so far im totally overwhelmed by all the info.
the version on my 3ds is 8.1 and it came with suer mario bros 2 re-installed i own no other 3ds games.
can someone please tell me exactly what i need to buy, where to get the correct guide for getting that roduct to work and if i should go online to udate my device for it it or stay away from updates?

if i understand correctly from all ive seen so far is that theres 2 otions being gateway flash card or r4 gold deluxe card?

edit: head actually spinning right now after 2 hours of googling straight after coming home with this 3ds.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, i just bought a brandnew 3ds and am trying to find out what kind of flashcard i need to buy to play 3DS games on it. so far im totally overwhelmed by all the info.
the version on my 3ds is 8.1 and it came with suer mario bros 2 re-installed i own no other 3ds games.
can someone please tell me exactly what i need to buy, where to get the correct guide for getting that roduct to work and if i should go online to udate my device for it it or stay away from updates?

if i understand correctly from all ive seen so far is that theres 2 otions being gateway flash card or r4 gold deluxe card?

edit: head actually spinning right now after 2 hours of googling straight after coming home with this 3ds.
r4 gold deluxe edition is not a viable option as development has ceased on the card and is not likely to ever be updated.

Gateway is your best option or you could get sky. You need to invest time in reading this forum and the tutorials and stickies. We can help you but getting educated is your responsibility. You can update with a game cart or use 3DNUS, which has its own thread. 9.0 or 9.2 is your goal. Gateway has a user manual on their site.

Reactions: Yawg

Yawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r4 gold deluxe edition is not a viable option as development has ceased on the card and is not likely to ever be updated.

Gateway is your best option or you could get sky. You need to invest time in reading this forum and the tutorials and stickies. We can help you but getting educated is your responsibility. You can update with a game cart or use 3DNUS, which has its own thread. 9.0 or 9.2 is your goal. Gateway has a user manual on their site.

ty for the info!, will try to get educated on all the info for gateway then without being distracted by other options.

Reactions: thorasgar

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

back in the Szene. What you guys would recommend me? Get a New 3DS XL or a old 3DS XL?

I saw Gateway work on the New 3DS XL but not with newest EmuNand right? so no Eshop?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

back in the Szene. What you guys would recommend me? Get a New 3DS XL or a old 3DS XL?

I saw Gateway work on the New 3DS XL but not with newest EmuNand right? so no Eshop?
You can get eshop on new 3DS with fw spoofing. The thread never leaves the first page, you can't miss it. Well, you can miss it if you don't look.

Which one you get depends on what you want to do with it and your budget.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Buget is no Problem but what I read is, FW Spoof need a old 3DS as well or not?

I mostly want play Pokemon and some smaller games like Harvestmoon next days. (Not the Hardcore Gamer)

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I read that now.

But:

If you want use CFW you can't use EmuNand / Gateway to run Backups (?)

&

EShop stuff like Patches are on the CFW instead of the EmuNand where they are needed?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I read this right now, so bascialy it just patch some bytes to tell the shop we are on 9.7?

But this Spoof is for Real Firmware right? Since it say no EmuNand Support.

So :

New 3DS Gateway working. EmuNand working (EmuNand will be max. 9.5?) and Spoof FW work only for Legit System?

Edit. Bascialy if you want Shop Access you cannot run Backups with Gateway / EmuNand?
I think you are under the impression that emunand makes a permanent change to the system, it doesn't. The console is legit if you do not boot into emunand. You can still boot into other CFWs as well. This provides the environment to access eshop and download whatever you want. You can the use your favored method such as funky cia to convert to cia format for use in emunand.

Of course I have never bothered with this as everything I have ever wanted on eshop is available as a simple download on the net, but for those with time to kill you can do it the hard way. :)

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
I only need Eshop to access Patches for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Co. I think Eshop not have any benefits. (If you have a Page for Patches just PM me)

So what you want to tell me:

1. 3DS is always legit
2. EmuNand is just a side System which is hidden unless I boot it via exploit
3. I can boot into CFW (is this a Permanent Change?) and can spoof Firmware to download stuff.

What I now want to know:

If I use CFW to get Eshop Access and I download Patches for Pokemon etc. can I use them in EmuNand?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only need Eshop to access Patches for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Co. I think Eshop not have any benefits. (If you have a Page for Patches just PM me)

So what you want to tell me:

1. 3DS is always legit
2. EmuNand is just a side System which is hidden unless I boot it via exploit
3. I can boot into CFW (is this a Permanent Change?) and can spoof Firmware to download stuff.

What I now want to know:

If I use CFW to get Eshop Access and I download Patches for Pokemon etc. can I use them in EmuNand?

1. Yes, unless you do more advanced things and make changes to the sysnand. Always make a backup of sysnand.
2. Yes. Emunand resides on the mSD card entirely.
3. No. Especially NTR CFW resides only on ram is completely wiped on a reboot.

Lastly yes as I said you can download the patches in spoofed mode and then convert/process them for use in emunand. Or just download them, especially Pokemon patches, they should be posted within hours of release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment