• Likes 43

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys,
I have a new 3ds xl on 9.2 and a Gateway, emunand setup and everything is working. Since Xenoblade doesn't work on 9.2 (at least I believe it doesn't), can I just update the Emunand via the system settings to the latest firmware without issues or do I have to do something first (like replacing the launcher.dat which is still the first one that worked with the New 3DS XL).

Decided to ask first, before my emunand is suddenly broken or so. Thanks!

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
I have a new 3ds xl on 9.2 and a Gateway, emunand setup and everything is working. Since Xenoblade doesn't work on 9.2 (at least I believe it doesn't), can I just update the Emunand via the system settings to the latest firmware without issues or do I have to do something first (like replacing the launcher.dat which is still the first one that worked with the New 3DS XL).

Decided to ask first, before my emunand is suddenly broken or so. Thanks!

current emunand supported in n3dsxl is v 9.5. so u need to manually update using 3dsnus or SOAP response

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did put Pasta CFW on a 4GB SD card yesterday. I bought a 16 GB one today. I simply copy pasted the contented of one into the other. BUt trying ti install something via FBI gives me the following error:

" Install Failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc8a0802b.
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid state (0x5)
Description: Database does not exist (0x2b)"

I did try to use the backup feature to transfer one of the games I bought. But even that doesn't work or I don't get it. Some help would be appreciated.

Edit: I fixed it. If anyone has the same issue. Make sure there is a dbs folder in your SYSNAND with the required title.db and import.db ( create them via a text file make sure to have the all flies selected not .txt)

Commander Shart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, Gateway n00b here. I'm having an issue with my Blue Card and getting Gateway to launch via Nintendo DS Profile.
I got my Gateway 5 days ago, and I set everything up perfectly, I was able to get Gateway to launch at the Nintendo DS Profile screen, and play my 3DS roms.
2 days ago, I heard you could play normal DS roms on the Blue Card, so I downloaded:The World Ends With you, and I have been playing a shit load of that ever since. I need a break from TWEWY, and now I want to play 3DS games again, however, when I go to launch Gateway in the Nintendo DS Profile option, it doesn't load up Gateway anymore... It just takes me to the normal DS Profile screen. Did playing DS games on my Blue Card mess something up? Or is this normal and I just need to do something to with my Blue Card to get Gateway to launch again?

By the way, my 3DS is version 4.5.0-9U

Never mind. I figured it out. I just needed to run the Gateway installer again. :yaynds:

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extremely noobish question: when using Gateway 3DS to do a NAND backup, does it back up the "pure" NAND or does it also back up changes you made? For example, if I installed DevMenu to the sysNAND, will that transfer over when I do a NAND backup? Or is that not the way these things work?

GibWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have a 4.3E 3DS and a supercardDStwo. How would I go about installing SSBB, Majora's Mask and ORAS using the new PastaCFW. I figure I have to somehow update to a firmware that supports said games, but how will I be able to run ninjhax then? It might also be worth mentioning that I currently have palatine CFW working on my machine.
Can i use 3Dnus to download 9.2 and install the cia's over my existing CFW with bigbulemenu, or is that a bad idea?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a retail game cart to update to 4.x not a flashcart. :)

Check the size of the internal SD card you have some are 2GB and that is not enough, 4GB is the practical minimum.

Start with a 32GB mSD and you can always upgrade later if you need.

Game size depends on the content. Smash and Xenoblade (does not run on o3Ds) are large some simpler puzzle games can be very small. I guess you could say average is 500MB(???) maybe 1GB(???).

The blue card that comes with the gateway red card will run DS roms and is required to launch the exploit in 4.x. So no need for an r4 unless there is a feature you want. You run the exploit with the blue card and the switch to the red card to run 3DS roms. You will also need an mSD for the blue card. You can fit 100 or so DS roms on an 8GB card.

Start simple and then increase your knowledge and complexity as the need arises. Remember, backup, backup, backup. This is not commercial software and stuff will go wrong. :)

I meant to say retail cart & not flashcart for updating. Thanks for that solid explanation to a guy that's been out of the loop for a while due to sickness. ;) So, both the blue & red card comes with the Gateway purchase? I was thinking they were to be purchased separately for some reason. I guess I didn't read the details right! ;) Already have a Micro SD Card to run with the blue card dating back to the regular DS. I believe it's 4 GB. I'll just get my son's 3DS updated & then increase my knowledge as you say with time.

This sickness has kicked me & knocked me down but I'm still standing devil & he's not going to destroy me. My family & friends need me. Jesus needs me too down here on earth to do His work. It's a tough life down on this cruel earth but we have to fight to keep pushing on. I used to stay very well tuned in & updated in the scene for all gaming consoles but this sickness has kept me from that the past 3+ years. Thanks again for your kind information & knowledge. :)

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to use the L button when triggering the exploit to reach the Gateway menu, not R. I believe R is the shortcut key to force an update of the card's firmware, which is why you're getting that option instead.

You will need a retail card to update the 3DS system to 4.1-4.5. Once you're there, the blue card that comes with a Gateway can be used to run a DS program to alter the DS profile, allowing you to use the Gateway red card to play 3DS games, emulate a fully-updated system firmware, and everything else. You can also use the blue card to play DS games, too.

I don't have a large collection, but the biggest I've seen for a 3DS game is 4 GB, with quite a few being around 1 GB. A few were as small as 128 MB, but mostly those are smaller puzzle games or retro-style games. I have a 32GB card in my Gateway, and a 32GB card in my system for installed software, and I'm doing perfectly fine for space. I think I had either an 8GB or 16GB card for my old AceKard2i that I repurposed a while back for a roommate's cell phone, and currently I'm using a 2GB card for the DS card, since I hardly play any DS games right now.

You will need two different cards and have to swap between them, but the Gateway will come with both cards, you won't have to buy a separate one. There is a small hassle with playing DS games in that you will likely have to run the exploit installer again (It's an .nds rom on the blue card) when you want to play 3DS games again, but it's a pretty minor issue.

The 3DS stuff is definitely a much steeper learning curve than the DS was. Even the Wii seems pretty simple by comparison, but that might just be because I got used to it (even if I never did get Nand emulation working properly...). I'd be happy to go into more detail about anything you like, to the best of my ability, though.

Didn't see your post bud! Thanks for your detailed information as well. You guys are great around here for helping people out. Thanks again bud! Have a great day! :)

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, with the release of pasta and the fact that i have O3DS and N3DS +Gateway +Sky3ds I have decided to sell the gateway. Is there anything I should do before shipping it off. I have already backed up my nands and emunands. Thanks

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just fooling around with my 3ds console Firmware 9.5.0-23U with an R4-sdnc cartridge and decided to put the MT_INSTALLER.NDS file on my SD card and try to install it. Got this can someone explain.

Attachments

• IMG-20150519-00012.jpg
    IMG-20150519-00012.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 135

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey a quick question, my 3DS is still on the Omega series because I haven't been using it for awhile now. Now that the Ultra 3.2.1 is out, can I just do the same as past updates by just inputting the new Launcher.dat into my SD card and update from there?

Or do I have to reinstall with the blue card and everything since I'm actually skipping many updates from before?

I'm using the old 3DS XL. Thank you so much!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, with the release of pasta and the fact that i have O3DS and N3DS +Gateway +Sky3ds I have decided to sell the gateway. Is there anything I should do before shipping it off. I have already backed up my nands and emunands. Thanks
Start saving money for the medical bills you will get once you start beating your head with a hammer a few months from now. :)

Why should you do anything? It's useless, right? I will give you $5 for it. PM me. :)

I was just fooling around with my 3ds console Firmware 9.5.0-23U with an R4-sdnc cartridge and decided to put the MT_INSTALLER.NDS file on my SD card and try to install it. Got this can someone explain.
Yep, you installed the mt card exploit. Congratulations. Have fun getting it to run,

Hey a quick question, my 3DS is still on the Omega series because I haven't been using it for awhile now. Now that the Ultra 3.2.1 is out, can I just do the same as past updates by just inputting the new Launcher.dat into my SD card and update from there?

Or do I have to reinstall with the blue card and everything since I'm actually skipping many updates from before?

I'm using the old 3DS XL. Thank you so much!
Quick answer. Yes, just copy over the new launcher.dat and then properly update from there.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been busy and haven't been able to keep up with what has been happening. Seems like a lot.

I have a 8.1J N3DS and a copy of Cubic Ninja JP.

What can I do with what I have at this point? Can I get emunand above 8.1 at all for instance? Are there any specific steps I need to do for 8.1J Nand consoles or can I just follow the set up for any N3DS?

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Otherwise is the camera in functioning order? I was never able to run it because the camera on my o3DS gave an error every time you snapped a shot.
The camera works, I tried with the 8.0 and 9.2 QR codes and they got past that point(though, of course, they don't work and I get redirected to the browser)

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sickness has kicked me & knocked me down but I'm still standing devil & he's not going to destroy me. My family & friends need me. Jesus needs me too down here on earth to do His work. It's a tough life down on this cruel earth but we have to fight to keep pushing on. I used to stay very well tuned in & updated in the scene for all gaming consoles but this sickness has kept me from that the past 3+ years. Thanks again for your kind information & knowledge. :)

Congrats on feeling better. I lost my job about a year and a half ago because of illness, and I'm still disabled and fighting disability insurance. I'm hoping to be able to go back to work at some point, or go to grad school and go further that way, but time will tell. But since now I've got nothing but time (and little spare funds), I've been exploring the scene again myself.

If your sysNand is at 9.5, then I don't think this is going to do much good. You have installed the NVRAM Profile to use with the Nintendo DS Profile exploit, which only works on 4.1-4.5 versions of the System Settings app. Basically, the old version of the System Settings app had a bug that could be triggered by specific data in the profile used for DS games, and the thing you ran puts that data into that profile, so the bug can launch the card. On newer versions, since the bug is fixed, the profile won't help you. Are you sure you're on sysNand 9.5, and not something like a New 3DS with emuNand 9.5?

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to use the L button when triggering the exploit to reach the Gateway menu, not R. I believe R is the shortcut key to force an update of the card's firmware, which is why you're getting that option instead.

Yeah, that was the issue...lol >.<

Held L instead and worked just fine (Also, my version was current one, so that is probably why it was black-screening)

Thank you!

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there anyway to turn non .cia files into .cia files? I can't find MM as a one so making one would be cool.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to turn non .cia files into .cia files? I can't find MM as a one so making one would be cool.
Yes you can. Look in the tutorials section, there is at least one guide if not more. A popular one has "Cia for dummies" in the title.

You must not be looking in the right places if you can't find a MM EU cia. I got one the day after it released in EU but then tossed it once the NA became available. Sorry we can't link to warez here. There are some rather cryptic posts around so when you see it hinted at try and look for patterns.

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes you can. Look in the tutorials section, there is at least one guide if not more. A popular one has "Cia for dummies" in the title.

You must not be looking in the right places if you can't find a MM EU cia. I got one the day after it released in EU but then tossed it once the NA became available. Sorry we can't link to warez here. There are some rather cryptic posts around so when you see it hinted at try and look for patterns.

Derp. I looked in the homebrew and the flashcard section for it. I guess the tutorial section makes sense XD

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not exactly a noob, but I can't articulate what I want well enough for google to understand me, so here goes.

I have a hacked N3DS. I'm looking to make my old R4 3DS usable again.

I know where was a wee file to install that downgraded something... so all carts capable of being used on 3DS at some point before an update killed it, were now usable.

If someone can find me the thread, I'll be cool from there on out :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.