• Views 4,440,309
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 4.5.0-10U with Gateway 3DS Omega v2.7 but looking to update my red card and start using emunand features. Most of the tutorials that I've come across seem pretty straight forward, but I'm still confused as to the "browser exploit" where you bookmark a certain URL, refresh, wait for screen color change, etc, etc. Is this only for consoles above 4.5.0? Can I skip that step completely and simply update everything via the 3.2.1Beta download?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 4.5.0-10U with Gateway 3DS Omega v2.7 but looking to update my red card and start using emunand features. Most of the tutorials that I've come across seem pretty straight forward, but I'm still confused as to the "browser exploit" where you bookmark a certain URL, refresh, wait for screen color change, etc, etc. Is this only for consoles above 4.5.0? Can I skip that step completely and simply update everything via the 3.2.1Beta download?

Yes, just drop the launcher.dat in place of your current one and everything's as it has always been. It will automatically prompt you to do the gateway (fpga) update on your first run of the 3.x launcher.

Reactions: mechadylan

GH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am a little out of the loop/confused by the 3DS scene now. I have a gateway on 9.7 emunand and 4.2 sysnand. I was JUST reading about Spider and RAM dumping an hour or so after I updated my console to the latest version.

So right now, I would like to make two CIA files, 1 of the 9.0 - 9.5 Browser (so I can use the browser exploit) and 2) a CIA file of the latest browser so if an update is required, I can upgrade back to the latest browser and always downgrade the browser again and repeat.

Is this possible? Could someone explain to me how to do this?

On top of this, what benefits are there for a dual boot system of GW-EmuNAND and a CFW? How would one accomplish this? I see some threads on a certain site that can't be mentioned.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just drop the launcher.dat in place of your current one and everything's as it has always been. It will automatically prompt you to do the gateway (fpga) update on your first run of the 3.x launcher.
Cool, thanks. Might give it a go after dinner. One final question. I currently have a 4GB SD in my 3DS, but have a spare 32GB that I'm willing to use instead. Should I upgrade to the 32GB SD card before or after updating the red card? I'm guessing it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know if one way is easier/safer over the other. Or is 4GB enough and 32GB totally unnecessary/overkill?

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have managed to upgrade my rx CFW to 9.7 using the stock SD card(4GB)..

My question is, how can I transfer my emunand and sysnand to a larger one like 32GB if I want to purchase e-shops and DLCs and stuffs.

Is there also a way to extract MT-Card emunand and make it a redNand?? I am trying to do a dual nand set-up but it seems can't do so(I'm just getting a black screen), because as per instruction says that I use GW emunand. rxTools won't boot with this mabe because my 3DS is on mt-card emunand set-up while the SD is on GW emunand..

Any help? Thanks!!!

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of questions about the gateway instructions, and I haven't been able to find any fool-proof guides that cover every detail..

I just bought a japanese N3DS LL smash-brothers edition from yahoo auction.. The previous owner promised me that she had never used it since she bought it back in november.. When I received it and turned it on, it seemed that she was telling the truth.. It still had the original firmware version..
Firmware: 8.1.0-0J. Serial number: QJF102614440
I have the gateway cards (red and blue).
I have japanese Zelda OoT game.
I have japanese cubic ninja game. (I know you only need one of the games, but I found both of them at some place for fairly cheap so decided to pick both of them up just in case..)

Here are some questions I have, you can answer some or all of them:
1: The gateway instructions say to install devmenu, but do I have to find devmenu specifically, or will bigbluemenu work just as well?.. For some reason it seems hard to find the actual devmenu but google gives me lots of results for bigbluemenu..

2: Does installing devmenu downgrade the menu to the same version that a 4.5.0 3DS has?.. And if so, will my N3DS still have the features specific to the N3DS? (Like anti-blur option, and the auto-light-adjust)......I would hate to lose those features.. The N3DS is supposed to have a more stable 3D screen.. And I like the auto-light-adjust feature a lot, my O3DS (robot taisen edition) doesn't have that feature..

3: Is there any practical advantage to upgrading to 9.2.0?.. Or should I just stick with 8.1.0?.. And if there is, which game would I have to hunt down next in order to upgrade it to 9.2.0, or is there some way to upgrade now with out having to find a game?..

4: I am going to try installing the 3.2.1 version of gateway.. In this version, one of the changes says: "We also added the New 3DS support to the Blue Card GW_INSTALLER.nds, so you have another alternative to reinstalling NVRAM other than from our Gateway menu."
Yet they don't give instructions on how to use that method..

Thanks for every one's time in reading and answering my questions..

P.S.: I almost feel like making a dumdum-proof guide for all of this stuff my self once I learn more about it, and since there seems to not be one that goes in to extensive detail.. (The ones I've found just kind of give you a vague outline of all the steps..)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of questions about the gateway instructions, and I haven't been able to find any fool-proof guides that cover every detail..

I just bought a japanese N3DS LL smash-brothers edition from yahoo auction.. The previous owner promised me that she had never used it since she bought it back in november.. When I received it and turned it on, it seemed that she was telling the truth.. It still had the original firmware version..
Firmware: 8.1.0-0J. Serial number: QJF1026XXXX
I have the gateway cards (red and blue).
I have japanese Zelda OoT game.
I have japanese cubic ninja game. (I know you only need one of the games, but I found both of them at some place for fairly cheap so decided to pick both of them up just in case..)

1: The gateway instructions say to install devmenu, but do I have to find devmenu specifically, or will bigbluemenu work just as well?.. For some reason it seems hard to find the actual devmenu but google gives me lots of results for bigbluemenu..

2: Does installing devmenu downgrade the menu to the same version that a 4.5.0 3DS has?.. And if so, will my N3DS still have the features specific to the N3DS? (Like anti-blur option, and the auto-light-adjust)......I would hate to lose those features.. The N3DS is supposed to have a more stable 3D screen.. And I like the auto-light-adjust feature a lot, my O3DS (robot taisen edition) doesn't have that feature..

3: Is there any practical advantage to upgrading to 9.2.0?.. Or should I just stick with 8.1.0?.. And if there is, which game would I have to hunt down next in order to upgrade it to 9.2.0, or is there some way to upgrade now with out having to find a game?..

4: I am going to try installing the 3.2.1 version of gateway.. In this version, one of the changes says: "We also added the New 3DS support to the Blue Card GW_INSTALLER.nds, so you have another alternative to reinstalling NVRAM other than from our Gateway menu."
Yet they don't give instructions on how to use that method..

Thanks for every one's time in reading and answering my questions..

P.S.: I almost feel like making a dumdum-proof guide for all of this stuff my self once I learn more about it, and since there seems to not be one that goes in to extensive detail.. (The ones I've found just kind of give you a vague outline of all the steps..)
First, take down that serial number. I don't know what can happen with posting it but more senior members here always tell people to take them down. All anyone might need to know is the first part.

I don't have answers for you but there is a big thread here with Jap 8.1 in the title, I just can find it right now. You may have better luck asking there.

Hello, I have managed to upgrade my rx CFW to 9.7 using the stock SD card(4GB)..

My question is, how can I transfer my emunand and sysnand to a larger one like 32GB if I want to purchase e-shops and DLCs and stuffs.

Is there also a way to extract MT-Card emunand and make it a redNand?? I am trying to do a dual nand set-up but it seems can't do so(I'm just getting a black screen), because as per instruction says that I use GW emunand. rxTools won't boot with this mabe because my 3DS is on mt-card emunand set-up while the SD is on GW emunand..

Any help? Thanks!!!
Emunand tool can do the job or there is a sticky with instructions for an imaging tool that does the job.

Can't help you with the rest. Good luck.

Eyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've read that it is possible to downgrade your Nintendo 3ds with the Getway Flashcard. I'd like to know if I could downgrade my Nintendo 3DS 9.7 with the Sky3DS Flashcard to 9.2. :o

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that it is possible to downgrade your Nintendo 3ds with the Getway Flashcard. I'd like to know if I could downgrade my Nintendo 3DS 9.7 with the Sky3DS Flashcard to 9.2. :o
It is possible with a hardware mod AND a previous gateway backup of the sysnand on an exploitable version of the software from that console not another console.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I got a problem here ... I was testing changing emunand region , formated a new emuanand on other SD, did the system format and stuff (btw it don't worked :v) but now I try to play on my actuall sys/emunand, but everything that have about conecting to my NNID give me the error 022-5515 :B
As I saw, was because doing the system format, it unlinked my account from my 3DS :v even on the nand I'm using ... how to progress here?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yet they don't give instructions on how to use that method..)

1. From what I understand, it has to be the older 2.x devMenu, but using FBI will work as well, if you're comfortable with a slightly more advanced CIA installer. If you decide to try FBI, just make sure to pay extra attention to what you're doing, there are more steps involved.

2. Installing devMenu on its own doesn't downgrade anything, just for the record. To actually answer what you mean though, yes, downgrading the system settings app will make it the same as the 4.5 one on your sysNAND (you can still access super stable 3D and the rest on emuNAND). Note that downgrading MSET (system settings) is completely optional; it merely makes it so you can launch Gateway from sysNAND without needing to use CN or OoT.

3. Now that Gateway fixed 8.1.0-J so that it can work with the multiROM menu on the newer 3.2 and 3.2.1 launchers, there's not a whole lot of point on being on 9.2, no. However, since you have Cubic Ninja, you could easily update to 9.2 if you should feel compelled to for some reason, using NTR CFW. I personally am sticking with 8.1 for now, since I have no copy of Japanese Cubic Ninja. The only somewhat compelling reason I can think of off the top of my head would be accessing the Japanese eShop via NTR CFW while staying on 9.2.

4. For that you'd basically install the "bluecardfix.cia" and then use the blue card to run the installer, like you would for an old 4.5 3DS.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Please I need help with Gateway. Until today all games that I played run good, but from today for example Inazuma eleven go chrono stones when I want to start the game it says; "A system update is required to use this software. Update to Ver. 9.4.0 - 8E?" , then for japanese version of this game Inazuma eleven go galaxy supernova its says: "This Game Card cannot be used" and Pokemon Y is working just fine, so for 3 games I have 3 different options. My gateway is on version GW3D 8.1.0 - 8E and system on Ver. 4.1.0-8E and so far all games worked great. Can someone help me with this what to do?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I ususally don't post here, but I didn't want to create a new thread.
Here is my question, if anyone knows the answer, please tell me :)

Would it be possible, in the update data of the 3ds, to get the only file "updating" system version? Like just the one file that will tell the console is 9.7? while nothing gets updated for real, litterally a firmware spoof?
I had this thought after downgrading mset in my N3DS. If just a single thing get updated in all the system version, could this be usable to spoof the firmware version while keeping an unupdated 3ds?

That would seem stupid, but anyone has informations about title data, and everything related to nand content?
Obviously I won't play with this myself, since my 3ds isn't hardmodded :P

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install a CIA in emuNAND, where does it go? Obviously on the microSD card, but is it just in some random folder with random numbers?

Also lets say I install the same CIA (lets say a large game) twice by accident. Does it overwrite the old one, or is it now taking up twice as much space?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
When I install a CIA in emuNAND, where does it go? Obviously on the microSD card, but is it just in some random folder with random numbers?

Also lets say I install the same CIA (lets say a large game) twice by accident. Does it overwrite the old one, or is it now taking up twice as much space?

it overwrites.

Reactions: Hammyface

FabrizioEV

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,

I'm terribly new to this, but I was hoping you could help with my question.

Some old DS games are really hard to get and I want to play them on my 3DS XL. I don't want to play any 3DS games. What's the best way to do it? What flashcard should I get? Not many are available in Mexico, but I can try to get whichever is recommended. Will I get banned or something for playing DS games with a flashcard?

Thanks a lot!

RPG_Fan_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
here's a newbie question about internal SDs for gateway and emunand that's been bugging me a while: I would like to know if it's ok to replace the default 2GB class 10 SD that comes inside the OG 3DS with a 4GB class 4 micro SD (with SD adapter) for Emunand, Gateway, and game saves in general. I can't play Smash Bros and Monster Hunter 4 right now because I need a card that is bigger than 2 GB, but this is the only card I have lying around right now, and class 4 are cheaper, so unless class 4 makes the 3DS, emunand, or games unstable, I would prefer going class 4, even if it makes saving a bit slower. Does anyone know if class 4 micro SD w adapter work on 3DS ok? Are there any bad side effects in doing this? Thanks.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please I need help with Gateway. Until today all games that I played run good, but from today for example Inazuma eleven go chrono stones when I want to start the game it says; "A system update is required to use this software. Update to Ver. 9.4.0 - 8E?" , then for japanese version of this game Inazuma eleven go galaxy supernova its says: "This Game Card cannot be used" and Pokemon Y is working just fine, so for 3 games I have 3 different options. My gateway is on version GW3D 8.1.0 - 8E and system on Ver. 4.1.0-8E and so far all games worked great. Can someone help me with this what to do?

If I understand you correctly all three games worked just fine previously. You have not made any changes to the system such as upgrading the launcher.dat or upgrading emunand or installing game updates. Then all of a sudden all three games start start going "Cosmo" on you. are those statements correct?

hi

Link to the R4i vs. Gateway comparison thread?

This will be for my new 3ds XL

Thanks
The r4i Deluxe Edition has been abandoned. Gateway works with new games the other doesn't, need to know more? If there is such a comparison thread it is hopelessly outdated and useless.

Hello, I ususally don't post here, but I didn't want to create a new thread.
Here is my question, if anyone knows the answer, please tell me :)

Would it be possible, in the update data of the 3ds, to get the only file "updating" system version? Like just the one file that will tell the console is 9.7? while nothing gets updated for real, litterally a firmware spoof?
I had this thought after downgrading mset in my N3DS. If just a single thing get updated in all the system version, could this be usable to spoof the firmware version while keeping an unupdated 3ds?

That would seem stupid, but anyone has informations about title data, and everything related to nand content?
Obviously I won't play with this myself, since my 3ds isn't hardmodded :P
I can't follow that. (We're you stoned when you wrote that or am I just really tired?)

Hi,

I'm terribly new to this, but I was hoping you could help with my question.

Some old DS games are really hard to get and I want to play them on my 3DS XL. I don't want to play any 3DS games. What's the best way to do it? What flashcard should I get? Not many are available in Mexico, but I can try to get whichever is recommended. Will I get banned or something for playing DS games with a flashcard?

Thanks a lot!
I personally recommend the r4i gold rts more properly known by the website on its label. R4ids.cn The Dstwo is a great card but out of production so very difficult to find anywhere.

If you don't want to play 3DS games you could save a lot of money and just by a used DSi. Kind of silly to buy a 3DS if you don't want to play any of the games made for it.

Hello,
here's a newbie question about internal SDs for gateway and emunand that's been bugging me a while: I would like to know if it's ok to replace the default 2GB class 10 SD that comes inside the OG 3DS with a 4GB class 4 micro SD (with SD adapter) for Emunand, Gateway, and game saves in general. I can't play Smash Bros and Monster Hunter 4 right now because I need a card that is bigger than 2 GB, but this is the only card I have lying around right now, and class 4 are cheaper, so unless class 4 makes the 3DS, emunand, or games unstable, I would prefer going class 4, even if it makes saving a bit slower. Does anyone know if class 4 micro SD w adapter work on 3DS ok? Are there any bad side effects in doing this? Thanks.
You can try it but will likely have problems. Even the Nintendo support site recommends faster cards and they are not running an emulated nand off of it. Even a 16GB class 10 Sandisk less than $10.

Just do us a favor and when you make posts here about this or that not working please be upfront and let is know you are using a class 4 mSD in an adapter. It is the right thing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol