HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the link.
Someone mentions they also had trouble re-linking on sysNAND (though due to a different error), and formatting the sysNAND a second time fixed it. I take it there's no harm in my trying that, since I don't have any other options right now?
You can link your NNID to sysnand without updating via sys Settings in sysNAND. It won't prompt any update, I've tried it.

Reactions: lemanuel

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my understanding, microsd's are supposed to be formatted to exFat so that I can place files over 4 gb in them. My question is how do I go about doing this? I already formatted my SD card to FAT32 using Panasonic SD Card Formatter, however, it seems that the program only allows me to format things to Fat32. How do I format the microSD to exFat with the SD Card Formatter that everyone says to use?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
From my understanding, microsd's are supposed to be formatted to exFat so that I can place files over 4 gb in them. My question is how do I go about doing this? I already formatted my SD card to FAT32 using Panasonic SD Card Formatter, however, it seems that the program only allows me to format things to Fat32. How do I format the microSD to exFat with the SD Card Formatter that everyone says to use?

you don't. Use windows for example. Maybe it's not the "recommended" way but it works and I never had a problem.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you don't. Use windows for example. Maybe it's not the "recommended" way but it works and I never had a problem.
Should I just format the microsd card with the SD Card formatter then use windows to format to ExFat? Or is it useless to do that?

This is a new, fresh 16 gb Samsung MicroSDHC Evo btw

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Should I just format the microsd card with the SD Card formatter then use windows to format to ExFat? Or is it useless to do that?

This is a new, fresh 16 gb Samsung MicroSDHC Evo btw

No need. Just run the formatter in Windows and set it to exFAT.

SDFormatter is better for mSD cards above 32GB (since it will format to exFAT) or for SD card (32GB or under). It keeps the standard rules and that's why it's not really that good when you don't want to follow the standard.

Reactions: Shad0wninja

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues with my NNID. I get an error when using it (ie connecting to eShop or whatever).
I formatted sysNAND (to unlink the two NANDs), so my emuNAND now contains the "original" system, yet that spews some error.

A bit of research turned up this may be related to the fact that an NNID can only be active on one system at a time.
How do I go about fixing this? I read somewhere you need to re-link your NNID on sysNAND, but I can't do that since it prompts me to update to the latest firmware.
Need to know what firmware your sysnad and emunand are current on.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need. Just run the formatter in Windows and set it to exFAT.

SDFormatter is better for mSD cards above 32GB (since it will format to exFAT) or for SD card (32GB or under). It keeps the standard rules and that's why it's not really that good when you don't want to follow the standard.
I did not know that. Thanks. It really puzzled me why Sd formatter did not have an exFAT option. That it uses the standard rules makes sense. I will go back and reformat my 64 mSD with it soon when I settle on a install base and want to set the order.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysNAND is 8.1.0, emuNAND is 9.4.0.
If you are getting an update prompt in sysnand, you probably have the update downloaded but not installed, first do a sysnand format to erase the update. It will want to connect to the Internet but will not actuall update. Then go and enter your NNID settings in sysnand. Then emunand NNID should work correctly.

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are getting an update prompt in sysnand, you probably have the update downloaded but not installed, first do a sysnand format to erase the update. It will want to connect to the Internet but will not actuall update. Then go and enter your NNID settings in sysnand. Then emunand NNID should work correctly.

I already tried doing a system format of sysNAND, but that didn't help. I did this without the SD and Gateway cards in the console though. I read somewhere update info is also stored on the SD somewhere? Iirc it's the extdata folder, but I'm not entirely sure. Is it safe to just delete that, see if it works?

EDIT: Just tried it by renaming the extdata's sole subfolder. After starting up it gave me the "Creating information on SD" or whatever message again, but going to NNID still gives the "do an update" message. ):

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried doing a system format of sysNAND, but that didn't help. I did this without the SD and Gateway cards in the console though. I read somewhere update info is also stored on the SD somewhere? Iirc it's the extdata folder, but I'm not entirely sure. Is it safe to just delete that, see if it works?

EDIT: Just tried it by renaming the extdata's sole subfolder. After starting up it gave me the "Creating information on SD" or whatever message again, but going to NNID still gives the "do an update" message. ):
Backup everything before you delete it. :)

This is weird. Try formatting sysnad with the Sd card out and copy down the exact wording of the prompts you receive about updating.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Backup everything before you delete it. :)

This is weird. Try formatting sysnad with the Sd card out and copy down the exact wording of the prompts you receive about updating.

Better yet, take a pic of when the message appears if you can so that people who have done it before can understand when exactly it happens

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Better yet, take a pic of when the message appears if you can so that people who have done it before can understand when exactly it happens

Because y'all are such helpful people (thanks!) I made a video. But I shot it in the highest quality available, so I'll do a re-shoot real quick with lower quality, to aid upload speed. Thanks for standing by.

Reactions: lemanuel

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Okay, here we go. The following video shows my attempting to setup NNID on sysNAND, and then trying to access the (already configured from the original sysNAND) NNID on emuNAND.
(Vertical video because it captures the dual screens slightly better.)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, here we go. The following video shows my attempting to setup NNID on sysNAND, and then trying to access the (already configured from the original sysNAND) NNID on emuNAND.
(Vertical video because it captures the dual screens slightly better.)

hmm, the only time I had issues with that code in GW mode was when I was unlinked in sysNAND, but I was able to be relinked.

question: Are you sure that is the NNID you had originally connected to it? Was that NNID ever connected to sysNAND?

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm, the only time I had issues with that code in GW mode was when I was unlinked in sysNAND, but I was able to be relinked.
I unlinked my sys- and emuNAND by formatting the sysNAND, if that is relevant. This means my emuNAND now contains the original NAND (except updated to the latest firmware).

question: Are you sure that is the NNID you had originally connected to it? Was that NNID ever connected to sysNAND?

Yes, this is the NNID i had originally connected my system with. I know this because in emuNAND it still knows that's my NNID and, as I said above, emuNAND contain my original NAND. This means that, before the unlinking, NNID was connected to sysNAND. I have successfully downloaded eShop titles with it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?