• Views 4,438,908
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well I can't run Binding of Isaac no matter what.m if it's help.
But this error occured on Rayman 3D too one time.

Can be faulty SD card ? It's 32GB Samsung.
Possibly. If you want to check backup everything on the card, format it and run h2testw.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so with a fw 9.2 2ds and cubic ninja, which steps are the easiest and fastest to get the latest and best cfw. can i still use ninjhax?

i assume luma3ds is still the one to choose. is it possible to use ninjhax to get luma?

i remember absolutely nothing anymore. been a while since i´ve been here sorry

got a fresh sd card too so i´m pretty much gonna start from scratch (again, deleted rxtools and menuhax or something)

Last edited by mc-kiler,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so with a fw 9.2 2ds and cubic ninja, which steps are the easiest and fastest to get the latest and best cfw. can i still use ninjhax?

i assume luma3ds is still the one to choose. is it possible to use ninjhax to get luma?

i remember absolutely nothing anymore. been a while since i´ve been here sorry

got a fresh sd card too so i´m pretty much gonna start from scratch (again, deleted rxtools and menuhax or something)
Just follow https://3ds.hacks.guide

D

Deleted User

Most common ways to brick an old 3ds?
I have a sysnand backup so I believe I'm protected from bricking my 3ds however I wondered what is the most common way of bricking a 3ds and how do I avoid doing it accidentally?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Most common ways to brick an old 3ds?
I have a sysnand backup so I believe I'm protected from bricking my 3ds however I wondered what is the most common way of bricking a 3ds and how do I avoid doing it accidentally?
There's really no way to accidentally do it unless you really start to mess around with the console.

Rusty_raccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heya and thanks in advance if there is to be given, few questions: 3ds.hacks.guide <--- as of now is this reliable? and if i just go with a ds flashcard for ds games do i risk a ban? im on 11.3 old 2ds and any other info on how to do this would be great. never played 3ds and would rather be able to play with it online.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
heya and thanks in advance if there is to be given, few questions:
1. 3ds.hacks.guide <--- as of now is this reliable?
2. and if i just go with a ds flashcard for ds games do i risk a ban?
3. im on 11.3 old 2ds and any other info on how to do this would be great. never played 3ds and would rather be able to play with it online.

1. Yes. Use that guide.
2. No
3. Just follow the guide (as you're on 11.3 you can use soundhax to get free cfw)

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok i did what the guide told me to do. Got the latest luma and firmware

It was actually easy. Things have changed huh.

Anything else to be careful of now? Dont wanna miss out any crucial info

Feuerzeuq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, for lack of knowing where else to ask, I present you with my little cfw-fuckup: (complete and utter noob here)

TLDR below.

~2 years ago, I got ninjhax1.6 up and running after updating to 10.something by accident.
That should be arm9loaderhax, right?

Yesterday, I updated to 11.3 after 2 years of almost not touching my 3ds. ( i didn't remember anymore that i had ninjhax as an entrypoint and homebrew stuff on my 3ds)
And then went through with this : 3ds.hacks.guide/get-started
It all worked out fine(the whole setup, and installing freeshop and trying it out)

But now I do encounter a problem that makes my system unusable, though not bricked.

3ds boots up normally; however upon arriving in home menu, lower screen is unresponsive. the console "tries" to do the following by itself: open home menu-settings. or more likely, the touchscreen is bugging on that top left corner, because it keeps "flashing", as if I would be tapping there.
Can't navigate anywhere by touch, arrows sometimes work. (Both with and without SD card inserted)

If i can get over to Lumaupdater(or anything else for that matter), i can run it. As long as the app does not need touch-inputs.
What i tried:
to run LumaUpdater 2.2 Restore: --> CTR-NAND error ("something critically wrong C8804478")
Sysnand restore in gm9 did work but didn't do anything. ( I did that first)

Presumably, my failure in upgrading AL9H to B9S, and instead upgrading like I did not have anything installed, caused this.

Now the question is: is this right and if so, how do I get that shit working again?
My next take would be 3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting and the TWL_firm.cia part.
Is that the solution? Q_Q

TLDR rundown;
-*probably* had a9lh (ninjhax1.6, installed 2016)
-did the straight upgrade to luma (b9s) *without* al9h to b9s
-installed freeshop cia, downloaded some themes.
-deleted those themes
-tried out anemone(came with luma setup) and installed a theme there.
-powered 3ds off and went to sleep

-touchscreen is bugging out on the top left corner, kind of incapacitating the system

Thank you for reading this and helping me out :>

Rusty_raccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes. Use that guide.
2. No
3. Just follow the guide (as you're on 11.3 you can use soundhax to get free cfw)

Thanks for the help , was worried cause i seen alot of talk of people being banned , which im assuming isnt a brick but rather a ban from playing online.. should i probably just never put it online? i imagine eventually ill have to do an update to play a newer game.. thinking i might just buy 3ds games and use a ds flashcard.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the help , was worried cause i seen alot of talk of people being banned , which im assuming isnt a brick but rather a ban from playing online.. should i probably just never put it online? i imagine eventually ill have to do an update to play a newer game.. thinking i might just buy 3ds games and use a ds flashcard.
There are a few steps on the get started page of the guide to avoid bans. After that it's safe to play online. Not connecting to the internet just to avoid bans is just dumb because you're losing everything and more compared to what you would be losing if you're banned.

Rusty_raccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few steps on the get started page of the guide to avoid bans. After that it's safe to play online. Not connecting to the internet just to avoid bans is just dumb because you're losing everything and more compared to what you would be losing if you're banned.

oh okay , i wasnt sure if the bans kept you from playing games all together or just online service. ill just give it a go. thanks again hopefully the guide will say its okay to use streetpass and spotpass.

ZORRO_M

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I am newbie and I just bought an old2ds, the seller said that it hacked and can downloaf game in freeshop. I donwload pokemon sun and after i open it it just black screen. So can i play pokemon sun on my old2ds?
Ps:Sorry for my bad english

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am newbie and I just bought an old2ds, the seller said that it hacked and can downloaf game in freeshop. I donwload pokemon sun and after i open it it just black screen. So can i play pokemon sun on my old2ds?
Ps:Sorry for my bad english
Hold select while booting the console. You should see Luma config. What Luma version does it say you have at the top of the screen?

ZORRO_M

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_190853_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180218_190853_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I dont have my pc here but does this work ?
Everything seems to be right. Things I'd try:
1. Delete config.bin from the Luma folder and extract the boot.firm from Luma .7z here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest to the root of your sd. After that it should give you the Luma config when you boot the console. There select show nand or use string in system settings (something like that)
2. Update the system if it isn't on 11.6 already
3. Format the system and follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: